PDA

View Full Version : Chat Room?

JGuitaristR
05-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Do you think that Paul and Karen should add a chat room to this website?

AmberLee
05-13-2003, 12:00 AM
??? I've loved the chat rooms at other places, but isn't it expensive and time consuming to monitor/run these? I'd hate to stretch their limits. (And being a cheap-skate myself, wondering what this would do: make it a charging site or add ads... I'm so very pleased that PT doesn't have ads...) :eek: :o :(

I'm talking myself into a no vote, I think...

moosmom
05-13-2003, 08:59 AM
I voted no. Why?? Well because I think Paul and Karen have their hands full with this site, let alone having to worry about a chat room. But that's only my opinion. :D

Randi
05-13-2003, 09:25 AM
Well, I think the features here are sufficient - after all, if you want to keep something private, you can send PM's . :) And the ones who wants to chat realtime, there's MSN, ICQ etc. Some of the members here are already using these. However, I'm not adding just anyone to my list! ;)

PayItForward
05-13-2003, 12:10 PM
As members are in different time zones, I don't think a chat room would be helpful. We always have PM, a lot more useful.

slick
05-13-2003, 12:21 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!! This is for Pet Talk. There are plenty of other chat room sites out there. And I don't believe that PM's should take the place of a chat room. PM's should be used if you are sending private information to some such as address, phone number etc. If you want to chat, send them an email or use MSN messenger.

popcornbird
05-13-2003, 12:32 PM
No way! I personally hate chat rooms (they get WAAAAAAAAY out of hand), and if PT turned into a chat room, I would be forced to leave. :(

I like PT the way it is. :) Forums are great and easier to moderate and keep clean. Chat rooms are wild and get bad fast, plus you can't delete stuff people say since they are saying it live.

RICHARD
05-13-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Well because I think Paul and Karen have their hands full with this site, let alone having to worry about a chat room.

WHY ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME WHEN YOU SAY THAT?

;)

HayleyRosie
05-13-2003, 01:12 PM
I think Paul and Karen have done a great job with this site and I like it just the way it is.

Great job Paul and Karen.

tikeyas_mom
05-13-2003, 02:26 PM
I think that it would be kinda neat, because then you could have live chats with ppl from pet talk.

primabella
05-13-2003, 02:47 PM
I voted no. I *personally* don't like chat rooms.

Cataholic
05-13-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Randi
And the ones who wants to chat realtime, there's MSN, ICQ etc. Some of the members here are already using these. However, I'm not adding just anyone to my list! ;)

What are you saying, Randi, that we have to solicit to be on YOUR list? He he he....

Randi
05-13-2003, 04:11 PM
LOL Cataholic! :D The people I feel I know and like, I would of course add - and you're on of them. ;) I keep my list fairly short, as I just haven't got time to chat for that long. I use it primarily for short messages which require an answer immediately, and for that, it's excellent! I would never go out on the public chat sessions with people I didn't know. :eek:

bluekat
05-13-2003, 04:13 PM
Yep, Karen and Paul sure did a great job on this site, and I love it just the way it is. But a chat room would be cool, we'll be able to get to know each other more. But I think I like it just the way it is. I don't really like chat rooms either, I never really go in them.

Tina
05-13-2003, 04:14 PM
I also voted "No" I like the site the way it is:D I don't really care for chat rooms either I'd rather use MSN messenger to talk to someone.

anna_66
05-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Tina
I also voted "No" I like the site the way it is:D I don't really care for chat rooms either I'd rather use MSN messenger to talk to someone.
My thoughts exactly!

RockyRoad
05-13-2003, 04:30 PM
One of the PT members sometimes invites PTers to chatrooms to chat on AIM. They are a nice way to get to know people even more, but adding one to the entire website would be weird. Not only the members & moderators can access this site, everyone can, and you don't know what kind of sickos could get in a chat room and mess things up. :eek:

HoRsELUvR
05-13-2003, 04:31 PM
I agree that PT is fine the way it is.like popcornbird said,chatrooms do get out of hand.Karen and Paul did a great job on this site and it would be sad if it got ruined by some people who decide to have too much funn with chatrooms.not that the people on PT are like that,but still.

Kfamr
05-13-2003, 04:46 PM
I voted yes. I like chat room and those of you whom don't, don't have to click to go into chat. We always have Chats witha bunch of pet talkers onn AIM and since no everyone has AIM it would be much more easier for we can chat

marysmerrycats
05-14-2003, 12:59 AM
I also vote no. you can chat with anyone you want to outside of pt. and there are emails, and pm's.

AmylovesMisty
05-14-2003, 05:34 PM
i voted no..but i know if you give me your aim/aol screenname((we can do msn too)) we used to have pet talk aim PRIVATE chat rooms..does anyone remmeber or would like to participate..PM ME!

Jessica12345
05-15-2003, 06:17 AM
I voted no....

first of all.... I would probibly be forced to get off of PT by my parents. They werent even sure they would let me on here, but then i met all these nice people and begged him. :D Chatrooms could really get out of hand though, and i think karen and paul do a fine job with this site, and have their hands full as it is! the people who really do want to chat and voted yes on this poll, probibly have aim! so you can talk to them on their anywway. ;)

GoldenRetrLuver
05-15-2003, 09:23 AM
I think Pet Talk is fine the way it is;)

wolfsoul
05-15-2003, 10:07 AM
I think a chatroom would be very cool, but I definatly don't think it's nessecary. We can always go onto other chats (even though my computer doesn't let me go on them anymore :( ). I think it would be wonderful, but I think the controversy could get a bit out of hand..Either way, it doesn't matter to me! :D

popcornbird
05-15-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Jessica12345
I voted no....

first of all.... I would probibly be forced to get off of PT by my parents. They werent even sure they would let me on here, but then i met all these nice people and begged him. :D Chatrooms could really get out of hand though, and i think karen and paul do a fine job with this site, and have their hands full as it is! the people who really do want to chat and voted yes on this poll, probibly have aim! so you can talk to them on their anywway. ;)

I'm not allowed to go to public chat rooms either. That's one of my parents *internet rules.* ;)

cheetahgirl
05-19-2003, 01:56 AM
I don't like chat rooms, so I vote for no.