PDA

View Full Version : looks or personality ?

tikeyas_mom
05-12-2003, 04:48 PM
When you get a new pet do you have to handle it first and see what its personality is? Or do you look for a nice coloration or neet pattern or eyes ect..

Tweety_Pie
05-12-2003, 04:55 PM
I look for both, but mostly personnality, because looks don't always count.;)

tikeyas_mom
05-12-2003, 05:05 PM
ya same goes here. I first go for looks then I look at personality. You cant really look at personailt till you get home and let the pet unstrees, I always have to get to know my pets. they all had a great potential for personailty when I got them and they all are so docile, exna the birds (still working on them).

Aspen and Misty
05-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Lil Of Both. I LOVED teh way my rats looked, so I adopted them. But if one of them bit me. I would have put it back. NO bighy rats. No.

When Adopting Julian there was the prettiest bunny there, I mean, you just looked at this bunny and you would go omg he is so handsom!! :eek: :eek: I held that one first becasue he was so pretty looking. But I hated the way he didn't allow me to get him out of the cage and the way he hated to be held. Now, I didn't know these were normall bunny things but I did NOT want this bunny because of it. So I picked up the little grey ball of fluff in the corner and he just sat there in my arms and was so sweet. He also had the funniest hop, LOL, it was to cute to resist!! :D

So personality.

Ash

moosmom
05-12-2003, 05:37 PM
I go for personality. So far my instincts haven't been wrong!! :D

primabella
05-12-2003, 06:27 PM
Well for the birds, it was based on their colors. They were in a big cage with other budgies and they were all sqwacking and flying around so we just took the nicest looking ones.

For Mickey, it was sooo hard because it was between him and his bro and they were both so adorable! When we went to visit, Mickey seemed a bit less agressive while they played but still very playful. When the breeder lifted them up and asked which one we wanted, Mickey stuck his lil tongue out and we choose him. Don't regret it one bit.

Oh yeah, and when we wento pick him up, the breeder had her Pom and her (new) pup in a cage in the same room. Mickey was wandering around and started to sniff at the Pom's pup. This got the Pom mad and started barking like crazy. Mickey got so scared he peed. omg it was too funny. lol :D!

Uabassoon
05-12-2003, 07:04 PM
Usually I'm drawn to what I think is the best looking animal there, but that's not usually who ends up comming home with me. But usually what will get my attention will be a cat who sticks his paw out of the cage and swats me as if to say "haha you have no choice, I'm yours".

GoldenRetrLuver
05-12-2003, 11:00 PM
I look for both, but mostly personality.:)

carole
05-12-2003, 11:38 PM
Personalilty Plus first for sure, looks second, lucky me got both with Lexie.

CathyBogart
05-13-2003, 02:40 AM
Hrm....Generally personality first, but I adopted Chloe just because she was so beautiful, and she is now my favorite as well! I guess I lucked out!

wolfsoul
05-13-2003, 10:10 AM
Wehn I first went to get Icarus, I actually wanted his brother. His brother looked exactly the same, but he was a bit chubbier and had a beautiful white diamond on his forehead. When I went to reach for them, the other one made a biggere deal about getting away. They were both terrified, but the other one moreso. So I decided to keep Icarus instead :)

Randi
05-13-2003, 10:47 AM
I'd like to say I go for personality - and I do! But it's hard to resist a good looking tabby! ;)

Tina
05-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Both. But personality is more important to me:)

PayItForward
05-13-2003, 11:58 AM
Both George & Milo were chosen as they were so friendly (and beautiful but that came second)

I was attracted to Milly on her looks, as she was a tortie like our family RB cat but we only took her as she also was very friendly at the shelter. Which is funny as after she settled down she only accepts cuddles on her terms.

batgirl1980
05-13-2003, 06:12 PM
Hmm.. probably a bit of both..
With my bird, it was personality all the way.

With the cats, a little of both, but personality always determines it, hands down.

wolfsoul
05-13-2003, 06:38 PM
I'll tell you Frisco's story too lol.

He was the cutest ratty there! :D His other brothers were an agouti berkshire and another agouti with wierd white markings that twisted and spotted all over him ;)

Frisco was the one who came up to me first and the only one who gave me tons of kisses! :) He was the best one there! So...I came home with that baby boy! Heehee, I had to convince my mom first of course:rolleyes:

So with Frisco it was both looks and personality, but with Icarus it was just personaltiy...If only he looked like his brother :p

Jessica12345
05-13-2003, 06:54 PM
well i play with or see the pet that stands out to me in apperence, then i see if it has the right personality. :)

cocker_luva
05-13-2003, 09:19 PM
i would say both equally. b/c it is either i look for the ones with the greatest personality then the ones that look the best to me or the other way around! :)