PDA

View Full Version : gerbil escaping

tikeyas_mom
05-12-2003, 04:05 PM
Ok, on Friday, It was around 11:00pm when I was off to bed to watch t.v for a bit. I went to my room shut and lucked my door, went to my bathroom *in my room* washed my face, then went to the bathroom, with the washroom door open. I seen somthing scury across my room in the corner of my eye. so I looked, and nothing was there.

I sat there for a second and then it ran again and I seen lil Sager, My white gerbil, standing infront of my dresser, tilting her lil head. as she ran behing my bed. :rolleyes:

I got up and went after her in a calm motion trying to lour her out from behind the bed. she finally came out after like 10 min. and I picked her up and put her in her cage thing.

I dont know how on earth she got out. her tank it like a foot high with a lid and she is on a dresser that she must have jumped from :eek:..

has your rodents ever escaped befor.????
I am soo happy Tikeya didnt get her because while she was out of her tank thing, my room door was open for her or Tikeya to come and go as they please :eek: Thank god!!

RockyRoad
05-12-2003, 04:15 PM
Speedy has! She's so small, it was very hard to find her! One day, when we first bought the playpen, I was getting Perrie out and my sister went to get something, leaving Speedy unsupervised. :mad:
Well, turned out there was a hole in the playpen, big enough for her to squeeze through. Guess who had to look for her? Well I eventually found her under the couch.

Boy did that sister of mine get a lotta scoldin'!

tikeyas_mom
05-12-2003, 04:28 PM
good she shouldent leave her pet unsupervised ever, hamster tend to hide very well, gerbils to, but gerbils are always moving so ya they comeout alot lol thank god for that.

Tweety_Pie
05-12-2003, 04:59 PM
My borthers hamster Harvey (RB) had one of those stupid habbitrail(sp?) cages and she chewed a HUGE hole in it and she got out. We lost her for 5 whole days! We did put seeds and stuff down to try to get her. Finally my dad found her in his closet. She had chewed up my dads FAVOURITE shirt. I mean she just ripped it to peices! It was kinda funny seeing my dads HUGE eyes when he saw that shirt..lol...that was a kodak moment! :p

tikeyas_mom
05-12-2003, 05:03 PM
*grins* .. hammies are so evil ;)

Tweety_Pie
05-12-2003, 05:06 PM
yea lol.:rolleyes: :D

wolfsoul
05-12-2003, 06:35 PM
The rats have gotten out sooo many times, *sigh* :rolleyes:

Frisco has even gone to the point of chewing through his bars :( He's in a better secure cage now though, and I had to use wire to keep the sides of Icarus's cage together :D