PDA

View Full Version : Sunny is Sneezing

krazyaboutkatz
05-12-2003, 11:03 AM
Hi everyone. My Sunny has started sneezing since yesterday morning. He's eating, drinking, and playing so he's acting normal. I'm trying not to worry too much because he's done this before and the sneezing just went away after a few days. He hasn't even been any where. The only new thing in my household is my new bed which was delivered on Saturday. It still has that new smell to it so I thought that maybe this is irritating Sunny's nose. My nose was running yesterday but is fine today. Maybe Sunny and I both have allergies. I guess I'll know in a few days.

rosethecopycat
05-12-2003, 01:46 PM
I really dislike these recurring things with our babies.
Mr. Jones got the runny eye again. It cleared up after a few days too.

Watch Sunny and try not to worry too much.
I hope it just goes away on it's own.:rolleyes:

Denyce
05-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Brianna is going through a sneezing phase right now. I think it is allergies to all the pollen flying through the air. They say we are having the worst allergy season ever here in PA. All the flowering trees are blooming at the same time. It is the first year I ever remember the crabapple and lilacs blooming at the same time. I have been giving Brianna 1/4 of a 4 hour Chlor-Trimaton antihistimine every 12 hours and that is helping her sneezing considerably.

Denyce

HayleyRosie
05-13-2003, 06:26 AM
I hope its nothing serious. Hopefully it will go away in a few days. Please keep us posted.

moosmom
05-13-2003, 09:05 AM
When I first got Doogie, he was sneezing and his eyes were runny. I put him on Interferon and Orbax for 10 days, and gave him drops for his eyes. His eyes have cleared up, and the sneezing is only once in a while. I attribute it to allergies. Afterall, it IS Spring!!

Randi
05-13-2003, 09:18 AM
I too think it's because of pollen, so try not to worry. :) Perhaps you could give your vet a call and ask!

Hope Sunny will feel better soon!! :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-13-2003, 11:09 PM
So far Sunny seems to be acting normally but still sneezing occasionally. I'm not too concerned because it's happened before. His eyes and nose also look normal so I really don't want to medicate him unless he becomes worse. Storm and Cirrus are fine too which is a relief. At first I thought it could be the beginning of a URI but if it was I think that Storm and Cirrus would have picked it up by now. I'll let you know if anything changes. Thanks for your concerns. :)

Uabassoon
05-17-2003, 05:29 AM
Is Sunny doing any better? or is he still sneezing?

kimlovescats
05-17-2003, 05:48 AM
Yes, I hope Sunny is ok as well. I've been pre-occupied with my babies, but I do care about all the Pet Talk babies!!!!
;)

krazyaboutkatz
05-17-2003, 11:04 PM
Well I got lucky this time. Sunny is back to normal. :) He was acting normally the whole time so I wasn't too worried. I think he stopped sneezing on Thurs. or Fri. It must have just been allergies. Thanks for your concern. :D

L. Wayne
05-18-2003, 04:24 AM
Some of my furkids will, at sundry times, go through sneezing bouts. But I believe it is due to pollen and other irritants that are in the air. This is because, their sneezing changes with each weather front that comes through. Actually, they seem to have the best health when it is foggy outside or when it is raining. Fawn used to get sick with runny eyes and sneezing when I first moved to Kansas, but not he doesn't do that anymore.

kimlovescats
05-18-2003, 11:08 AM
So glad to hear that Sunny is fine!!!! ;)