PDA

View Full Version : A sad dose of "cyber" reality

Logan
05-12-2003, 09:44 AM
I got a dose of reality this morning about our cyber relationships. We find so many online, like all of you, that we enjoy and get to know through our messages.

There was a lady who went by "Catburgler" on several cat sites on MSN. I enjoyed getting to know her and her lovely family on a private site I visit. Her name was Stephanie and she was 30 years old, and the mother of four adorable little boys, the youngest just turned one.

She has been sick, and she told us recently that her doctor had decided she would have to undergo a lung transplant, but she was hopeful. Her husband sent her "final" message yesterday, to say that she had passed away in intensive care of heart failure. Those little boys have lost their mother and we have lost a great friend, who we never even met. They lost her on Mother's Day, and I cannot imagine how bewildered those little boys must be. :(

Just thought I'd take a moment to let you all know how much I cherish your friendships, even if a single email doesn't pass between us. It took this to wake me up, so I wanted to make sure you knew it!!

Love,
Logan

ramanth
05-12-2003, 09:49 AM
How shocking and sad! :(

My prayers are with her family.

Cinder & Smoke
05-12-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Logan
...Just thought I'd take a moment to let you all know
how much I cherish your friendships...

Life is too short...

And there is NO time to take Friendships for granted.

Rest In Peace, Stephanie;
Your Friends will miss you :(.

/s/ Phred

gini
05-12-2003, 10:07 AM
We all zip through life so busy - busy - busy.........taking everything for granted.

Phred is exactly right - life is far too short to take any friendship for granted.

May God wrap His arms around these boys and guide them through life.

Thank you Logan, for sharing -

Jesus Freak!!!!
05-12-2003, 10:31 AM
that is so sad!!! i will pray for the family, so sad that they lost her on Mothers Day!!! so sad!! thanx logan for sharing!!

i agree, we go through life and take it for granted!! no one makes time for family anymore!! my dad said he talks to his friends a work and they never eat with their families, families taken for granted!! i agree with the song that says " dont is always seem to go that you dont know what you go till its gone . . ." prayers with the family!!!

mugsy
05-12-2003, 10:45 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Logan. My prayers go out to the family and to you. Loss is never easy even if you haven't "met" them. Just know that I cherish your friendship (even though we haven't officially met) also, even if I don't say it.

primabella
05-12-2003, 11:04 AM
How tragic :( And on Mother's Day too. :(

My prayers will be with her family.

Edwina's Secretary
05-12-2003, 12:11 PM
I cannot help but admire the strength and thoughtfulness of the husband to post and let her cyber-friends know....

My condolences..

iceyshiver21
05-12-2003, 01:23 PM
So sorry......

RockyRoad
05-12-2003, 02:38 PM
Oh my, that is so sad. I pray that God will help those boys and her friends and family.
RIP Stephanie.

I cherish my friendships with everyone on this site as well.

lovemyshiba
05-12-2003, 05:05 PM
That's very sad. I will keep her family in my thoughts and prayers.

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-12-2003, 05:09 PM
How sad :(

bluekat
05-12-2003, 05:23 PM
OMG, that is so sad:( :( :( I pray for Stephanie's family and her cats.
I've made so many friends online, and I do cherish all our friendships.

tatsxxx11
05-12-2003, 06:03 PM
I can only imagine the saddness and loss felt by this beautiful family:(:( Heartbreaking doesn't begin to describe it. I'm so sorry Logan. Never having met her doesn't diminish your friendship or feeling for her one bit. I'm so very sorry. I hope God gives this family the strength to endure. Rest in peace Stephanie. I will be keeping them all in my thoughts and prayers. Love, Sandra

slleipnir
05-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Thats horrible! I can't imagen how the family must be feeling, I'll definitely keep them in my thoughts and prayers

captain
05-12-2003, 08:12 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with the family ......

I truly hope that if anything ever happened to one of my cyber buddies, that their loved ones would let me know too.

Logan, AND everyone - no matter what, we are always here to listen, shoulder to cry on, celebrate and commiserate with you all. I live so far away from most of you, but you are all in my thoughts.

Love
Me and my Gang

anna_66
05-12-2003, 08:35 PM
This must just be devistating for you, and of course her family.

Just thought I'd take a moment to let you all know how much I cherish your friendships, even if a single email doesn't pass between us. It took this to wake me up, so I wanted to make sure you knew it!!
Thank you Logan, I feel the same way:)

AmberLee
05-12-2003, 11:55 PM
Wow. Adding her and her family to my prayer list...

krazyaboutkatz
05-13-2003, 12:13 AM
How tragic. :( My prayers and thoughts are with her family.

NoahsMommy
05-13-2003, 12:29 AM
Oh no, I'm so sorry Logan. :(

I can't even say how much my online friends mean to me. Its amazing how close you can get to someone online....

Rachel
05-13-2003, 07:30 AM
Logan, I am so sorry for your loss. Although we may meet only a fraction of the people we get to know through the Internet, they can become significant people in our lives. What a tragedy for these small children to lose their mother and of course her husband and furkids are hurting as well. Today is all any of us have. Thank you, Logan, for sharing your pain and your apprciation for your cyber friends. You know how much we care!

Logan
05-14-2003, 08:09 AM
Someone shared this with me today. I thought it said exactly what I was feeling.

Hi God, It is just me again.
You know I have this group of friends
that I need you to take care of and watch over.
They are not from my town,
and most are not even in the same state,
in fact there are some that live in a different country.
They are scattered all over the world.
I met them on the Internet.
We send emails to each other, we chat,
and some I have even spoken to on the phone,
but most of them, we will never meet face to face,
however there are a few
that I have been lucky enough to share a real hug with.
It does not matter if we have met or not
these people are my friends.
There is so much going on in the world,
and it scares me, you see I care about these friends
that I have met, and God that is why I am asking you
to please watch over them and protect them.
I would never have imagined that I could care
and even love someone that I have only met online.
The truth is loving and truly caring about a person begins
in the heart, and it stays inside of the heart.
I ask you God to give my friends happiness and peace,
please take care of them, and guide them.
Through the Internet I have been so lucky
to found have friends from all over the world.
I have learned that although some of us
have different beliefs and we live differently,
we are so much alike, all hoping for the same things in life,
true happiness.
Please God,
Bless each one of these friends
that have touched my life in one way or another.
Forgive those God that have hurt others,
help them learn the true meaning of Love and Friendship.
I know that each person that I have met
through the Internet has been placed in my path for a reason,
so I ask you once again God, protect them,
guide them, keep them safe, love them and Bless them throughout their lives

jenluckenbach
05-14-2003, 06:15 PM
What a sad and tragic dose of realtiy. You (Logan), Stephanie's family and all my friends, I will say a special prayer for you all.

Vio&Juni
05-15-2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
I cannot help but admire the strength and thoughtfulness of the husband to post and let her cyber-friends know....

My condolences..

Me too...

HoRsELUvR
05-15-2003, 02:54 PM
i am so sorry for your loss and the family's loss.that is so sad.:(

lynnestankard
05-16-2003, 09:34 AM
That is just too sad Logan - I must be feeling a little 'teary' - that's made me cry - but definately food for thought.

Lynne

IttyBittyKitty
05-16-2003, 09:38 AM
How awful for you! You and Stephanie's family have my condolences and are in my prayers. Lot's of hugs!!