PDA

View Full Version : Sir Sheddsalot

Cookiebaker
05-11-2003, 08:40 PM
Malone has a new nickname...Sir Sheddsalot. There is hair all over my house :rolleyes: in puddles and in gobs. I vaccuumed this morning, and by tonight, you can't even tell especially around his crate. He fell asleep on our bed this afternoon, and the comforter cover is just covered now. So I took him out this afternoon and brushed him in the yard, and there was fur flying everywhere!!! It was at least a paper bag full, probably more.

I am really hoping that this immense shedding isn't gonna last too long...I'm really tired of fishing hairs out of my mouth everytime I snuggle him!! :p

Cinder & Smoke
05-11-2003, 08:53 PM
:D

Hey, Sir SheddzAlot ~

Ded callz us dat, too! :(

Hare, HARE, an MORE HARE!!!!!
All OBER da Howze! :eek:

An he duz dat *Sputterin & Spittin* stuff wiff hiz mouff, too! :p
Whut'z a lil Dawg Hare gonna hurt?
Must be fraid he'll get a Hare-Ball or sumpin! :rolleyes:

:D

binka_nugget
05-11-2003, 09:13 PM
I call kai..."Sir WhenAreYouGonnaShed?"...If you can get a paper bag full of Malone's hair (yellow lab right?)..OMG...I wonder how much I can get when Kai sheds...uh oh...:eek:

Desert Arabian
05-11-2003, 09:22 PM
Sir Sheddsalot- hehe, Malone your too cute! I know for a fact mama can't stay too mad at you, at least I couldn't, because you are so cute!! :D :p

A good brush to use on a Lab during shedding seasons is a slicker brush. It gets to the second lair (the insulating lair) of the fur and gets all the dead hair out. That works great!

Sir Sheddsalot, tell ma she needs to post more pictures of you on Pet Talk!! :D :D

I am really hoping that this immense shedding isn't gonna last too long...I'm really tired of fishing hairs out of my mouth everytime I snuggle him!!
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/lachen/laughing-smiley-015.gif

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-11-2003, 09:29 PM
He!He!He! That's funny!!

Drake sheds too, and I am always running around sweeping and dusting after him! Everytime I sweep, Andrew says we have enough hair for a small Shih Zu!

Corinna
05-11-2003, 11:14 PM
I have the Queen of shedding. Lady our Newfoundland. I get a 35 gal. garbage sack each year! I am working on knitting a sweater for hubby from it. Now the new crop begins . Guess he'll get a hat,scarf and gloves too.

wolf_Q
05-11-2003, 11:45 PM
Malone you sure are a handsome boy no matter how much you shed! :D

This is my favorite brush to use on labbies....
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p62e15a07494a4fb0516ef786fb9b26d7/fc2a9db5.jpg
You can push really hard to get the fur out...it works like a shedding blade kind of, but it's softer, and dogs seem to like it better...It's from Petco. :)

MaxandSpike'sMom
05-12-2003, 01:13 PM
I can relate!! Max sheds all the time. I am forever running the sweeper or using a broom. I brushed him yesterday outiside and I got a grocery bag full of his fur, and that's just what came out of the brush. I didn't collect the fur that fell on the deck I just swept it off.
Spike sheds but his hair is short and it is less noticable.

When it's hot and the fans in the house are running he likes to stand or lay in front of them and then it looks like it is snowing in the house.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pcabfb9c32d855c75a9948f27038cad56/fc4189fb.jpg

Kfamr
05-12-2003, 02:03 PM
Both of mine shed alot.... i've gotten to the point where i don't even care if i see dog hair in my food, clothes or on my bed lol

clara4457
05-12-2003, 02:10 PM
Yeah - Leo is going wild with the hair too!!! and here in Buffalo this time of year it can go from 30o to 70o back to 30o in the same week!!!:eek: Poor doggies coat doesn't know whether to grow or shed. LOL It's also the worst timing - I am moving and the landlord keeps wanting to show the apartment so I seem to be vacumming and sweeping 3X a day :D :D :D

RockyRoad
05-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Everyday I leave for school looking like a polar bear. :rolleyes: So much hair! With all of Lady's hair, you could make a fur coat for an eskimo!
Hope this shedding season isn't gunna last too long!

RubyMutt
05-12-2003, 08:27 PM
I have given up on the battle with dog hair. My stuff just doesn't seem like mine anymore if it's not covered in Ruby hair. I brush and I brush and I brush, but it's still everywhere... EVERYWHERE *sigh* Oh well...