PDA

View Full Version : Doggy Temper

Chow-Chow
11-04-2000, 10:25 PM
I dont want to hurt my dog but is there any way to get him to act more vicious without beating and hurting him. He's my best friend but we are now in an area where new dogs are not accepted into packs or onn territories of the dogs who have been living here and my dogs sometimes gets out of the gate. HELP

------------------
Antonio

Ryan
11-04-2000, 11:49 PM
Count you blessings that you have a loving
and friendly dog.
The best, and most simple way to protect your dog is to simply make shure your yard is escape proof.
Neutering will help keep him from wanting
to rome.

carrie
11-05-2000, 06:07 AM
Couldn't agree more! Any other course of action is asking for trouble you can't even imagine. If you have packs of dogs roaming the area call animal control as soon as possible. Dogs in packs behave in a different way from individuals and your dog should be protected from, not encouraged to join, them.

Karen
11-05-2000, 07:53 AM
I agree wholeheatedly. You don't want your dog to be vicious, and in any case, even being mean to him probably woulkdn't have that effect, anyway! Just keep him safe, love him as he is, and he will be happy, as will you! Making him "meaner" would not get him "into" a pack, anyway!

Chow-Chow
11-05-2000, 08:42 PM
Thanks alot I dont WANT to make him meaner at all or join their pack because they had puppies a german shepard whos owner lets it be a stray and the puppies are mangy and eatened up but anyway I cant walk my dog past a certain point until other dogs start barking and threatining us to stop I'm going to tell my mom to call animal-control they are all owned but acy in a stray way and walk around everywhere. My friends dog joined the pack and all she did was babysit the puppies and now she has a broken leg so he tied her up. I love my dog and will do all I can to keep him happy and protect him (He knows how to protect himself too)

------------------
Antonio

ktreva52
11-12-2000, 10:02 PM
The only way to "train" your dog to be more "aggressive" is to get it into protection training. Still, you may choose not to do that and that is fine. You're better off with a lovable companion. There are leash laws in almost every state of the US and the owners can be cited for letting their dogs roam, so do contact Animal Control, numerous times, if necessary and have these animals removed by them. There is no telling when the "pack" might choose to attack someone like a child or even an adult and that is really bad news. Every dog will determine his own territory and many will "protect" that territory. Can you walk your dog the other way, away from these nasty dogs? Nag at Animal Control or the police if the pack continues to run free. People like that just make me really mad -- what's the sense of having an animal if you're not going to take care of it or neuter it or anything?????? Well, I won't go there. Good luck on getting rid of them.