PDA

View Full Version : Ahh kai ate chocolate

binka_nugget
05-11-2003, 03:51 PM
Kai just ate a bit of chocolate...I'm not sure if it's enough to harm him but better safe than sorry. What should I do? It was "vanilla Fudge clodhoppers".

Glacier
05-11-2003, 04:05 PM
Just keep an eye on him. It's the dark, baking kind of chocolate that is most dangerous to dogs. So a small bit of milk chocolate likely won't have much effect. He might get diaherra or an upset tummy, but he should be fine by tomorrow.

Kfamr
05-11-2003, 05:09 PM
I doubt it was enough to hurt him, maybe some diarreah [sp?] By the way..... How do you say "Kai"? like KAY or Kye? Cause one of my friend nicknames is Kai, short for Kaitlyn

wolf_Q
05-11-2003, 05:12 PM
I'd just watch him, most times a little bit of chocolate doesn't hurt them...but keep an eye on him just in case. :)

binka_nugget
05-11-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I doubt it was enough to hurt him, maybe some diarreah [sp?] By the way..... How do you say "Kai"? like KAY or Kye? Cause one of my friend nicknames is Kai, short for Kaitlyn

I prounounce Kai..like "I" with a k..lol KIIIIIIII

stacwase
05-11-2003, 06:37 PM
Jake has eaten BAGS of chocolate with no ill effects. He gets sneaky around Christmas time and Easter - sneaks the little foil-wrapped chocolate candies. He tries not to eat the foil, so we find little bits of foil all over the house, and a very contented dog.

GoldenRetrLuver
05-11-2003, 11:06 PM
I would keep an eye on him, how much did Kai eat?

binka_nugget
05-11-2003, 11:23 PM
Not much at all..Even though I was pretty sure it wouldn't harm him, I was paranoid cuz...kai's my first dog and all... He had a little chunk, the size of my nail.

GoldenRetrLuver
05-12-2003, 08:53 AM
Oh, ok, thats not much at all he should be fine:)