PDA

View Full Version : A humbling experience!

gini
05-11-2003, 12:41 PM
I just had relatives visiting me - and I always love it. We have a lot of fun together and there are many hilarious times.

I only have one bathroom in the house, so I always let my guests use it first. (back-up bathroom is in my office outside).

Everyone was done, and it was my turn. I got into the shower and just as I was washing my hair, I noticed that my tub was filling up with my water..........oh, oh!!

And then it happened. I stood there, soaking wet and watched my toilet overflow. I didn't want to frighten anyone, so I let out this very tiny scream NOOOOOO!!!!

The problem is that I have wall to wall carpeting in this bathroom, so it isn't a matter of ripping it up easily.

I jumped out of the shower and grabbed the waste basket and tried to bail the water. I only made things worse, as each time I dipped - I spilled more water over the edge. Towel time........I used everyone's and tried to start mopping up the water.

How do you exit the bathroom trying to act like nothing has happened? You have half a dozen soaking wet towels and your hair is still wet and you are a vision of loveliness!

Happily it happened to me, and none of the relatives.

I guess if this is the worse thing I have to deal with in life.........
I am very fortunate!

zippy-kat
05-11-2003, 01:05 PM
:D Poor Miz Gini! :D

You ARE in need of a vacation!! ;)

Pam
05-11-2003, 01:19 PM
Gini, believe it or not things could be worse. My former boss told me a story about one Thanksgiving where he had a lot of out-of-town company for overnight. He doesn't know whether it was food poisoning or a virus, but everyone began to fall ill at almost the same time. Unfortunately it was at the same time that the potty began to quit functioning. :eek: He said he wouldn't go into vivid detail with me but I should just allow my mind to wander about what a horrible scenario it was at his house. Also, did you ever try to find a plumber on Thanksgiving night? Geesh!

Anyway, I am glad you are OK. It sounds like your vacation is much needed and will really be appreciated!! :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-11-2003, 01:33 PM
Oh- Sounds like you had a great morning!

That happened to us once, the toilet overflowed and it was all over the floor and my poor mom was on her hands and knees trying to fix it... And it wasn't pretty...

Sorry about your bad morning!

Randi
05-11-2003, 01:53 PM
Oh Gini, what a shower you had there! :eek: You do need a vacation!! :D

I've experienced something similar. We had just checked in in a hotel in Spain and I noticed the toilet was running! I figured, if I turn this little screw on top, it would stop. And yes, the more I turned it, the less water was running, when suddenly it came off and water started pouring out! I screamed for John to come and do something while trying to hold my finger on it, but I had locked the door. :rolleyes: Eventually, I had to let go and open the door, and we had to call the reception. An elderly Spanish lady came up with a pair of pliers and eventually stopped the flow. The whole bathroom floor was under water, so we were moved to a room just below.

Before this, we stayed in another hotel, but had to move out because of noise. When I tried to get the hairdryer plug out of the wall socket, the whole lot came out! The hotel and the street went completely dark - but at least the music stopped! :D

PayItForward
05-11-2003, 02:29 PM
That sounds awful. I hope you got everything sorted.

05-11-2003, 03:02 PM
Ooooooooo Gini, that was awful:eek: :(

Well, let's hope it won't happen on July 20th;) ;) ;) :p

HoRsELUvR
05-11-2003, 03:16 PM
that stinx.It stinx when things like that happen.

Rottieluver45
05-11-2003, 03:42 PM
LOL! Poor gini! :p

jenluckenbach
05-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Keep in mind, that LATER you will laugh about this. :D Poor you, but you are correct, imagine if it happened to one of your guests. :eek:

Cataholic
05-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Gini,
Oh, I am sorry that happened to you, but, it is kind of funny, now, from a distance of 2600 miles!

Those bathroom incidents....never a good thing.

momoffuzzyfaces
05-11-2003, 04:54 PM
LOL! Poor Gini! If that happens again, take the lid off the tank and pull the float ball up. That will stop more water from going into the tank. Of course, you will be stuck standing there holding it up and yelling for help because if you let it drop, water will flow into the tank again. :eek: :D