PDA

View Full Version : Horrible, Horrible, Horrible!!!! :( :( :(

NoahsMommy
05-11-2003, 01:54 AM
This is totally, absolutely, disgustingly horrible! Here's the news story first: http://www.insidevc.com/vcs/ve/article/0,1375,VCS_251_1946537,00.html

We saw this gorgeous 19.5 lb cat today. She's in on of the manager's offices at the shelter....lying in her litter box. I was allowed to go in an pet her...she was a DOLL!!!! She sniffed my hand right away and loved against it! I want to cry just thinking of that alone. :(

I can't comprehend what horrid creature could have done this to her. Her eyes are dilated, which suggests neurological damage. She has a huge welt over her right eye and won’t allow anyone to pet her tail or bottom. I don't even need to wonder why. :( :(

The worst part? She wasn't just in a cat carrier...there were rocks in that cat carrier.... and she had been thrown off a pier!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: (can I PUT a hundred of these pissed off faces here????) :mad: :mad: :mad:

I guess there's been a lot of press on this in the area, in hopes of finding any leads as to who could have done this.

I'm so happy she's out of that horrible situation and is now at the Humane Society. Everyone there is so kind and gentle...she's in wonderful hands.

krazyaboutkatz
05-11-2003, 02:16 AM
This is absolutely horrific. :mad: I hadn't heard about this cat on the news. I'm so glad that she was found and I sure hope that they catch the person or people responsible for this terrible act. :mad: She sounds gorgeous and I sure hope that she'll find a loving forever home. I also can't believe that something like this would happen during "be kind to animal week." I guess it just goes to show you that some people will always be cruel to animals. :mad:

NoahsMommy
05-11-2003, 02:21 AM
I totally agree....some people shouldn't be allowed to live! :mad:

Something kind of neat is that a ton of people are calling the shelter every day asking how she's doing and offering help. That kind of renews my faith in people...

She really is gorgeous. I've never seen a cat like her. She look like a fluffy burmese, but with beautiful white markings on her face. She's a total doll....I can't wait to see her again.

jenluckenbach
05-11-2003, 05:26 AM
:mad:
I am speachless by the sensless, cruel, (a couple of censored words) way to treat a living creature !:mad:

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-11-2003, 06:07 AM
This makes me absolutely sick to my stomach. There is no punishment bad enough for these people, and no names bad enough to call them!

I hope and pray the poor kitty finds a loving forever home, and gets to spend the rest of her life enjoying the OTHER side of human nature - the GOOD side.

Kirsten
05-11-2003, 06:27 AM
Better don't ask me what I would like to do with those who did it!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Hope they will be caught and end up in jail at least! :(

That poor poor kitty!!!! :( :( :( Alone thinking about her makes me cry! Will be hard for her to learn to trust somebody again, hope she can feel that she's surrounded by loving people now.

Please keep us updated on her!

Kirsten

Pam
05-11-2003, 07:24 AM
How oh how could a human being do this!!!!!! :mad: :mad: Sometimes it scares me that we share the planet with people capable of such things. :( I am so glad that the kitty has been found safe and alive. I hope she will be able to trust people again at some point but I wouldn't blame her if she didn't. So sad! :(

koxka
05-11-2003, 08:34 AM
This kind acts/ behaviour is far beyond my understanding and it be always be.:mad:

Hope the culprits will be caught and have ta she same traitament . Maybe inside a big carrier and some stones in the pockets would learn them how funny it is !!!

ScantyNebula
05-11-2003, 08:46 AM
:mad: .

Tina
05-11-2003, 09:51 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

moosmom
05-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Now that I've cried my eyes out, I am speechless. The only words I can come up with to describe these vicious, obnoxious bastards that did this to such a beautiful animal, cannot be printed in this site. :mad: :mad: :mad:

What makes me feel good is that there are MANY people out there who want to help. I'm sure she will find a wonderful furrrever home.

Felicia's Mom
05-11-2003, 12:36 PM
Yes, it was horrible. Some people are still in the middle ages when it comes to a cat.
People can be cruel to their own babies/children too.

Kirsten
05-11-2003, 12:45 PM
People can be cruel to their own babies/children too.

That is true... :( I saw this report 'bout that woman yesterday who escaped from jail and kidnapped her own boy and threatened him with a weapon - where was that? Tennessee?

Kirsten

PayItForward
05-11-2003, 12:54 PM
It shocks me that we share this world with such evil people. May those responsible be caught and punished. :mad:

Candy16
05-11-2003, 01:38 PM
That sounds absolutely horrible. :mad: What kind of monster could do such a thing??? :mad: :mad: I'm so glad there are kind people in the world to outnumber the evil ones. I sure hope this poor kitty will pull through, and from all of the love it sounds like she is getting, she will find a new, loving home very soon! Someone who can show her what love is, and what it means to be loved.

I also hope that whoever did this receives the same treatment! Can we put the human in a crate and throw him in the ocean?? :o :mad:

bluekat
05-11-2003, 01:46 PM
omg, that is horrible!:mad: :mad: :mad: Who in their right minds would do such a thing?!!!?!?!?! I really hope that the poor cat could find a nice loving and forever home:(

BastetsMum
05-11-2003, 03:56 PM
I would like to ask will kitty be alright to rehome? Is she ok physically? What do they think caused the neurological damage?

I think its despicable what they did to her. Absolutely shockingly horrific. I wish that there was the *eye for an eye* rule relating to animal abuse.

I would love to say more but I am crying.

Miss Meow
05-11-2003, 06:15 PM
:mad: Disgusting :mad:

Why do gutless wonders have to take out their frustrations and ego on animals. Sick, sick individuals.

NoahsMommy
05-11-2003, 07:47 PM
I'm SURE the cat will be able to be rehomed. She was in excellent spirits....she really is an amazing cat. I would take her in a second...

The neurological damage was caused either by what she endured in the cat carrier or prior abuse. :( I'll call and check on her tomorrow and see how she's doing and will update you all.

kimlovescats
05-11-2003, 08:47 PM
:( :( :( :( :( :mad: :mad: :mad: Sick people!!!!!!!!!! I just can't even think of anything to say right now!!!!

NoahsMommy
05-12-2003, 12:17 AM
I didn't know they had the story on the Humane Society's webside.....check it out.

http://www.humanesocietyvc.org/ABUSE.html

Here's a picture of "Sandy":
http://www.humanesocietyvc.org/sandy.jpg

shais_mom
05-12-2003, 12:20 AM
aaww she is pretty

zippy-kat
05-12-2003, 12:25 AM
:mad: What a beautiful girl --inside and out! I'm so glad she was found!!

BastetsMum
05-12-2003, 01:33 AM
Thats terrible how could anyone hurt a cat badly to cause such horrible nerve damage!

It makes me want to cry. She is so beautiful.

catmandu
05-12-2003, 09:45 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: The problem is that a lot of people are treated cruelly as children , so creulity and pain is all that they know!They have no emotions and they treat thier own children the same way!The sad thing is that Television on most shows is teaching that Might Makes Right , and there is noone almost that teaches that Animals have rights as well! I am praying for thatpoor little Cat , and am doing the best I can at the lost cats otel to help!:mad: :mad: :mad:

ramanth
05-12-2003, 10:08 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: x's a zillion!!

She is so beautiful.

I hope they find the #$@%&* that did that to her.

HayleyRosie
05-12-2003, 10:52 AM
I don't understand how someone could do such a thing. I guess I may never really understand. I would love to hear that the person that did this is punished. I will be praying for dear Sandy. I hope that she is able to be rehomed and will have a great forever home where she can be happy living the life she so well deserves.

krazyaboutkatz
05-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Kelly, thanks for sharing more of her story and pictures. She's gorgeous. :) Prayers are on the way for her to find the loving forever home that she deserves.

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-12-2003, 11:45 AM
She is gorgeous - I pray she will find the forever home she deserves.

Kirsten
05-12-2003, 12:15 PM
She is sooo beautiful!!! Breaks my heart to imagine what she's through! :( And whenever you look into her eyes, they will remind you of the cruelty done to her. >: Poor kitty!!

I'm sure she'll find a good home (Can't you adopt her, Kelly?).

Please keep us updated on Sandy!

Kirsten

batgirl1980
05-12-2003, 05:50 PM
*crying* this is just AWFUL! No.. It's WORSE than that. I can't describe what i'm feeling right now. She is such a beautiful cat, and it pains me to know someone could do this to her (or ANY living thing).

I pray they catch whomever did this... and well... I can't say it here! Let's just say putting them in a carrier and throwing them into the ocean is mild compared to what I'm thinking.

If I were closer, I'd definetely try to adopt her, but I know someone out there will as soon as she is able.

keep us updated!

wolflady
05-12-2003, 06:02 PM
:mad: I'm absolutely speechless. I can't even fathom what some sicko what thinking to do something so horrible to such a beautiful cat! My heart really goes out to cats like this. I'm sure she'll get a wonderful home. That is so neat that you were able to meet her, Kelly! If you see her again, give her some lovins for me!
**hugs**
Karen

captain
05-12-2003, 09:42 PM
I read that there was a reward for information .......... gee, I would donate that reward to CONCRETE BOOTS and a really deep ocean for the sicko!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't understand how people can do this ....:mad:

NoahsMommy
05-13-2003, 12:20 AM
:( It is horrible....I guess I keep remembering her response to me....she's OK...even though she's been through hell on earth, she's survived and is still amazingly sweet. That's awesome to me.

Thanks for your prayers for her...I'll be sure and pass them on. I can't go up this weekend (Baby shower for my sister-in-law, I'm giving it, so I'm sure she'd miss me! ;) ) but I'll be up there next weekend for sure! I know she HAS to remain there for at least 30 days. I think it would be so cool if she could be another of their shelter cats. What a wonderful home...

Miss Meow
05-13-2003, 12:53 AM
I hope she gets to be a shelter cat too, that's the least she deserves. Maybe we could donate some money towards her upkeep, would that help her chances??? I'd happily send some $ to help out.

gini
05-13-2003, 02:10 AM
These stories cause a pain so deep and I cannot believe the thoughts I have of what I would do to the human who was responsible for this horrible act.

Kelly when you go to see her, please give her a kind hand from me too.

carole
05-13-2003, 08:27 PM
As far as i am concerned this planet is not big enough for MORONS like that to be on, that poor baby, my heart goes out to her, I hope they catch the CREEPS real soon , she is a beautiful animal, how could anyone do such a terrible thing, unfortunately this world is full of such CRUELTY alot of which has been brought to my attention lately, and it sickens me to the stomach, often these perpretators go on to commit other terrible offences to humans as well, NIP IT IN THE BUD, NOW.
Anyways now thats off my chest, kisses and hugs to Sandy, and i pray with all my heart she gets the best loving home in the world she deserves only the BEST

NoahsMommy
05-13-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by gini
These stories cause a pain so deep and I cannot believe the thoughts I have of what I would do to the human who was responsible for this horrible act.

Kelly when you go to see her, please give her a kind hand from me too.
I sure will...lots of love and prayers from us all. I'll have to sit there for a while. ;) She deserves it.

Gini and others....don't feel too bad about what you'd have planned for that idiot. ;) I was talking to an older gentleman when I first saw her. He wanted to tie him to a chain and drag him from his pick up... :D Me too!!!!

IttyBittyKitty
05-14-2003, 08:07 AM
I can't believe that people would do something like that. The poor, poor darling. She is so pretty and it is amazing that after all that abuse she is still able to trust humans and even be affectionate towards them!Noah'sMummy, Be sure to pass on a pat and a chin-tickle from myself and Pixel.

This is just disgusting, it brings tears to my eyes. I don't cry much, but when it comes to animal cruelty, I just can't stop :(:(