PDA

View Full Version : people will think were nuts! lol

cali
05-10-2003, 11:57 PM
well first I should explain that we feed our dogs cat food for training treats, since they are small. and our dogs are on the BARF diet so no dog food so that said, if some stranger non dog person reads the form we fill out for personalized coupons, they would think we are nuts lol under the pets catagory we check off "2 or more" for dogs, and nothing for cats. under dogfood we check of "we do not use" under cat food we check off "purina kitten chow dry" lol :p if someone were reading them insteadof a computer they would think we were a little crazy! lol anywho can ya tell i am bored?:p

jenluckenbach
05-11-2003, 03:39 PM
What is BARF diet? And is cat food good for dogs? (I know that dog food is not good for cats)

Cincy'sMom
05-11-2003, 04:12 PM
BARF diet is Bones and Raw food

Cat food is okay for dogs as treats, not as a main staple. Cat food has more fats/oils.

stacwase
05-11-2003, 06:47 PM
Why isn't dog food good for cats? My cat gets into the dog food constantly!

Cincy'sMom
05-11-2003, 07:00 PM
I don't think it is so much that it isn't good for them, as it does not provide all the nutrients (esp. fats/oils) they need. Eating dog food won't hurt cat (as far as I know), but a cat can not survive on dog food alone.

jenluckenbach
05-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
I don't think it is so much that it isn't good for them, as it does not provide all the nutrients (esp. fats/oils) they need. Eating dog food won't hurt cat (as far as I know), but a cat can not survive on dog food alone.
Exactly. but add to that, the more dog food she eats the less of her own food she will eat (because they are only so hungry) and the nutrition (vitamins and minerals) are all wrong.