PDA

View Full Version : I Am Really Scared!

Desert Arabian
05-10-2003, 09:21 PM
There are about 15 tornadoes in the area, and there are HUGE flashes of lightning, and big crashes of thunder. It is downpouring. The sky is tinted red. There is tornado warning after tornado warning.

Me, the cat, and the rats are going down into the basement. Mom is at work, I have no clue what she is going to do!!!????

This is what the radar looks like: Click here (http://www.crh.noaa.gov/radar/latest/DS.p19r0/si.kmkx.shtml) There is a big bowecho storm line coming this way...not good.

Hope to talk to you later i.e. tomorrow.

I am really scared.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-10-2003, 09:24 PM
I'm scared too, I am in Wausau and I think all the storms are coming my way.. I feel sick to my stomach...

marysmerrycats
05-10-2003, 09:27 PM
watch the news on tv or listen to the radio, if it's serious, they will issue warnings.. and if it is storming there you shouldnt be on the computer.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-10-2003, 09:29 PM
I don't know what I would do. My cats hate the dog and it would be impossible to get them all downstairs and in the same spot. They all have their claws except my eldest cat and they would shred me. You guys, I am sick to my stomach... I am worrying so bad... My sis is pregnant and I don't want her to get hurt or anything.. I am so scared. It's not even raining here but the weather man yesterday said that there will definately be a tornado in Wisconsin sometime this year. Thats reassuring... please just pray that nothing happens...

JGuitaristR
05-10-2003, 09:30 PM
my prayers are out for you. you will be safe, keep us updated, please! My prayers and thoughts are there for you.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-10-2003, 09:36 PM
I just thought of another thing...

If it happens during the day, while me and my brother are at school... no one is home... my poor animals... oh my god... I am near tears now... I am scaring myself...

*LabLoverKEB*
05-10-2003, 09:53 PM
We have a cottage in Whisconsin, Minaqua (sp?), but we only go there in the summer time.

I will deffineatley keep you, and all your family in my thoughts and prayers, and I really hope that there will be no tornado! :(

Karen
05-10-2003, 09:56 PM
It IS a scary time, we will be keeping all of you in our prayers.

If you HAVE to get to the basement, the cats may be freaked out enough to cooperate, anyway!

Rottieluver45
05-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Wow. You guys are getting hit really hard. I wish you all the best. I know how scary tornadoes can be. :eek:

Desert Arabian
05-10-2003, 10:29 PM
It's calmed down a bit...now it is just raining. I am keeping all the blankets, flashlight, etc downstairs just in case. :)

krazyaboutkatz
05-10-2003, 10:39 PM
Tornados are very scary. Prayers are on the way for all of you during this frightening time.

Kerri Greyson
05-10-2003, 10:40 PM
i my self have never been in a tornado, but i have seen some reality shows that show real live tornados. my prayers and thoughts will be with you and everyone else that lives in tornado places!!!!

Desert Arabian
05-10-2003, 10:44 PM
Oh dear, oh no...the weather dude man just broke in on the news saying that there is a tornado heading towards Horicon. My dad has a friend (he is a close family friend) with a farm. I hope the animals and Jim are going to be ok. :( :(

carole
05-10-2003, 10:59 PM
My thoughts are with you all, its a scarey time, i do hope the storms die down soon, i have seen it on the t.v. and i feel for you all, take care everyone over there.

marysmerrycats
05-10-2003, 11:06 PM
you should have a plan... if you have a shelter you go to, is there food etc there? you should have carriers for your pets, so you can transport them and even leave them in the cages where you take them if you have to, and let them out occasionally to eat etc. have extra cat food and litter boxes. a radio with batteries, a flashlight and extra batteries.
if tornados are common in your area, do they have have tornado awareness or things on tv to tell you what to do in case of one?
maybe you could search the internet for things to do in case of one...

ps I know your mother is a member of pettalk, but I can't remember her pt name??

JGuitaristR
05-10-2003, 11:20 PM
Right now, my location is in a tornado watch until 2am. As I always do, I will be staying up until we are out of the tornado watch. I've decided to rearrange my room during this time. The wind is blowing really strong right now and what worries me the majority of the time is the huge tree right next to my bedroom window that is capable of blowing over at any time, especially because it is dying. Simon, one of my cats, is outside on the back porch, which is screened in and roofed and he's loving this kind of weather. Of course if anything occurs, he'll be inside the house as quick as a blink of an eye. Anyway, yeah, a tornado watch until 2am. My prayers go out to the safety of those experiencing the same and worse and for myself, people here and the animals, of course.

Desert Arabian
05-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
you should have a plan... if you have a shelter you go to, is there food etc there? you should have carriers for your pets, so you can transport them and even leave them in the cages where you take them if you have to, and let them out occasionally to eat etc. have extra cat food and litter boxes. a radio with batteries, a flashlight and extra batteries.
if tornados are common in your area, do they have have tornado awareness or things on tv to tell you what to do in case of one?
maybe you could search the internet for things to do in case of one...

ps I know your mother is a member of pettalk, but I can't remember her pt name??

:confused: I have already done all of this. There are no more torndaoes in the area as of now. I do have a plan, I used it. I had the animals in carriers, and had heavy blankets, a weather radio, and a flashlight. I have dones tons of reseraching on the internet.

It's All Creatuers Great And Small

:D

marysmerrycats
05-10-2003, 11:25 PM
well good, but what is the confusion?:confused:

prayers that it stays safe for you.

Desert Arabian
05-10-2003, 11:43 PM
JGuitaristR-that is a good idea to rearrange your room! We had a tree fall through our roof a couple of years ago...took out half of the roof. :eek: I hope all goes well with the weather situation for you!!

popcornbird
05-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Wow! Tornado, with Mom not at home, scared with a bunch of pets. :eek: A chill goes down my spine just at the thought! :eek:

Is your dad at home at least? I would be dead worried if a family member was not at home with such weather. :eek: I have never in my life experienced a storm more than thunder and lightening. It sounds SO scary. :eek:

Only thing wierd here is, its unusually cold for May! :eek: It usually gets into the 80s in May, sometimes even 90s. This May, the temperature won't go higher than the 50s/60s. :confused: Summer's just around the corner and it still feels like winter. :eek: LOL

JGuitaristR
05-10-2003, 11:49 PM
I don't think it would much matter if I rearranged my room, but hey it's worth a try, especially if the tree does give out. The rats and hamster are currently on the other side of the house where the tree cannot reach, of course it's only temporary. Now that those little guys are safe, I'm going to put my guitars in a partially safe place in my room. Ouch!!! Half of your roof?! :eek:

Thank you for your concern about the weather. :)

Desert Arabian
05-11-2003, 12:10 AM
The tree that fell down was around 75 years old, so it was pretty big. I think it was half the roof, maybe a little less, I can't quite remember, I was little (like 7 or 8).

jenluckenbach
05-11-2003, 05:30 AM
How are you guys in the tornado areas doing today? I could not even image livig in an area that was so suceptible to tornadoes. TOO SCARY !!

HoRsELUvR
05-11-2003, 12:11 PM
thats scary that there are so many tornadoes in your area.keep safe!

thelwell2003
05-11-2003, 12:53 PM
I hope everyone keeps safe and i know its very scary with tornadoes and that but try not to worry too much. Keep me updated with how every one is plz