PDA

View Full Version : Other names..?

primabella
05-10-2003, 05:38 PM
I know when we were getting Mickey, we were thinking up some possibilities of names. We had seen pics of him online but we couldn't think of a name that would suit his looks. It was between Simba or Mickey.
When we saw his little black ears in this picture
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid50/p252f57de834ed40e9a2fc243bf67bd05/fcabc61f.jpg we decided on Mickey :)

What other names were you considering for you dog?:D

wolfsoul
05-10-2003, 05:45 PM
When we got Timber, I desperatly wanted to name her Sable :( But I wasn't allowed to :(

Some other names I tried to convince my family of were: Sadie, Sage, Nakita, Akela, and Shelby...

Glacier
05-10-2003, 05:52 PM
Muskwa didn't get a name until he almost four months old. We just couldn't think of anything that suited him. He was supposed to be Heyoka--which means crazy clown in Sioux, but it just didn't fit. The dog who was meant to be Heyoka didn't show up for about five years. Muskwa was eventually named by a medicine man who told us he had a bear spirit. Muskwa means bear in Cree.

He still answers very well to "HEY YOU NO!!!"

binka_nugget
05-10-2003, 07:26 PM
For kai..I had a bazillion names. I wanted chip, blaze, keiko (we didn't know if we were getting a male or female yet), coco, moka, skittles, pogo...i'm sure there were more but those were our final choices. We picked Kai because i was at camp the week before and just fell head over heels for this guy who worked there (Kai-tek)...so I thought..why not kai? =]

GoldenRetrLuver
05-10-2003, 07:48 PM
For Molly,we just decided on Molly...i like that name....and for Daisy, it was either, Mandy Bella, or Daisy. So... we chose Daisy!:)

CamCamPup33
05-10-2003, 07:53 PM
when we got cami we were thinking of all kinds of names.. Cami is such a weird name. lol.. :rolleyes: umm back to subject... my mom wanted to name her Sandy.. i didnt lyk that for her.. my sister wanted to name her kyri... lyk the girl from kingdom hearts if anyone has played it. its sounds ky- ri.. i didnt lyk that either.. and i wanted to name her brandy.. lol... but instead i found the magnet that said camis resturant and i named her Cami... lol thats it!.. lol.. good thread prima ;)

slleipnir
05-10-2003, 07:57 PM
I was thinking of Maggie for Jo, but liked Josie more. Besides, my dad reminded me my cousins dogs name was maggie (he didn't really like the dog..) As for Zeke, at 1st I thought Jake, cause I love that name, but I didn't want to J names, and I loved Zeke from Tour of Duty so went with that

Kfamr
05-10-2003, 08:09 PM
I was gunna name Simba, Rudolf cause his birthday is on Christmas.
Nala was gunna be Nelly or Lillian.

ParNone
05-10-2003, 08:22 PM
Don't remember considering anything other than McMurphy
for Murph.

For Maddie, I was originally thinking, McMuffin to kind of go with
McMurphy. But the name didn't fit her. She's definitely more
of a Madison in personality.

I was leaning towards Marley for Oz. Really liked that name
for a Collie, but decided it had too similar of a sound to Maddie.

Par...

Dogz
05-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Oh God... I can't even talk about naming Prince... it was a nightmare! First I was going to name him Chase, but then I decided that he didn't look like a Chase. Then I was trying to think of other names. I had wanted a mixed breed, and I wanted to name him Simba... I LOVE THAT NAME! But Prince just didn't look like a Simba. So, we almost had our heart set on Quincy or Quinn for short, and then it was Prince, then Quincy, then I was thinking of King, and then FINALLY we named him the name that fits him perfect... PRINCE!;)

scsi_jarjar
05-10-2003, 09:43 PM
ok with jar jar my son davey had been watching the star wars movies all day and wheni told him we were going to get a dog. and asked him to think of a name before i even turned around he said jar jar like the movie mommy. and that was it
with scsi (scuzzy) he name was ginger and she didn't even know it. she would just look at youlike you were dumb and run off.
and when joe decided he wanted to keep her and he wanted to change her name is thought for a about a few hour and came up with scsi it is a computer part and he is big into computers.
with the three cats it was not hat hard with them either
little girl she was so little when i got her i couln't think of any other name for her. and osker my hubby had another cat she color and that is what he wanted to name her and it fits her too she is a grouch........ piddles she piddled all the way across my floor whne i picked her up and put her in the little box. so that is how she got her name
that is all my pets names

wolf_Q
05-11-2003, 02:11 AM
I originally wanted a black and white female husky and name her Koda. Well, I ended up with a red and white male....I'm still saving that name for a future dog. :)

The name "Nebo" was not something I had been thinking about for a long time. It kind of came up at the last minute, I don't even know why I chose that. Hmm...I like it though, so that's all that matters. :D Other possible names...that I can remember were Kamots, Teton, Amaroq, and ehhhhhhhh there was a bunch more but I'm tired and I can't remember.

Kfamr
05-11-2003, 02:30 AM
Roho. Amy. ROHO!!

wolf_Q
05-11-2003, 02:36 AM
That's it! I knew there was a name you suggested that started with an R, but I couldn't think of it! I still like that name.....I think I want a pack of huskies with 4 letter word names. ;) Nebo, Koda, Roho, Juno..hmm.....lol

Cisco's Mom
05-11-2003, 06:33 AM
My hubby wanted to name Cisco; Pedro. The problem with that name was that it was my bosses husbands name! I said no way.:)

cloverfdx
05-11-2003, 09:54 AM
well clover was always going to be clover no matter what :)

but the others is a completly different story

start with Penny the jack russell x(she was born on xmas day) we went through chrissy, tinsel, (thinking) poppy and alot more that i cannot think of at the moment

as for theo the chihuahua he was going to be , carona, pedro, arni, peppi, joey (i liked that name alot) , ahh again cannot think at the moment, oh we got theodore from a article in our local newspaper about a police officer senior sargent theodore ???

yumi pronounced yu-meeee ~L~(tabby moggie) had about 5 different names before we got home, jade (after a dear friend of mine) , ruby, tabitha, tinkerbell, lily, :)

other fav names

jackson
cameron (friends black lab)
kobe
wade
guiness
Esme (when i get muh greyhound)
megsie
pip
maddie

primabella
05-11-2003, 09:59 AM
Thanks for replying everyone. It was inetresting to see all the stories. :)

cloverfdx
05-11-2003, 10:00 AM
well clover was always going to be clover no matter what :)

but the others is a completly different story

start with Penny the jack russell x(she was born on xmas day) we went through chrissy, tinsel, (thinking) poppy and alot more that i cannot think of at the moment

as for theo the chihuahua he was going to be , carona, pedro, arni, peppi, joey (i liked that name alot) , ahh again cannot think at the moment, oh we got theodore from a article in our local newspaper about a police officer senior sargent theodore ???

yumi pronounced yu-meeee ~L~(tabby moggie) had about 5 different names before we got home, jade (after a dear friend of mine) , ruby, tabitha, tinkerbell, lily, :)

other fav names

jackson
cameron (friends black lab)
kobe
wade
guiness
Esme (when i get muh greyhound)
megsie
pip
maddie

http://

stacwase
05-11-2003, 06:53 PM
We were considering "Lance" for Jake, and "Diesel" for Max.