PDA

View Full Version : Bonnie (the foster cat) is getting brave.

jenluckenbach
05-10-2003, 04:48 PM
Our foster mom cat is coming out of her shell. She will definitely make a great pet when her babies are ready for homes of their own. In the last 2 days she has come out of her carrier (nest) on her own and walked by my husband and me and even walked right under his legs. (we sit on the floor). And today she even spent at least 10 - 15 minutes out with us. She purrs like crazy and does happy feet and loves to be petted. Soon, I am sure, she will be on our laps.

YEAH !!! for Bonnie !!!!!!!!!!!

K & L
05-10-2003, 05:49 PM
That's wonderful news! I wonder if she was really feral, or just afraid?? Keep up the good work.

jenluckenbach
05-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Bonnie may not have been feral. As I know the story she was an outside cat ( maybe a drop off, maybe born there) at a home where 2 elderly people tried their best to feed the cats (many cats). but it was getting out of their control and the rescue organization stepped in to help. Bonnie was brave enough to enter the home of this elderly couple, so she had potential. but she was used to the run of the outdoors so the confinement of one room was hard for her to handle.

ChrisH
05-11-2003, 05:27 AM
That is just wonderful!:) :) :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-11-2003, 06:27 AM
What great new - it will make it so much earier to find her a forever home!:D

Pam
05-11-2003, 07:27 AM
Great news Jen! I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of Bonnie and her babies. :)

PayItForward
05-11-2003, 02:12 PM
Good on you Bonnie. May you find your furever home (as soon as possible AK...After kittens)

HayleyRosie
05-12-2003, 08:25 AM
That is great news! I am looking forward to more pictures.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-12-2003, 04:01 PM
That's wonderful news, Jen! :) I'm so glad she's finally trusting you. :)

Now....could we please have a little more indepth description of doing "happy feet"?;) :) :D

JGuitaristR
05-12-2003, 04:46 PM
That's great news! I'm glad she's coming around!

jenluckenbach
05-12-2003, 05:42 PM
Happy feet would be the same as the kneading bread motion, but I always call it "happy feet" because they do it when they are happy.

Christiansmommy
05-12-2003, 07:38 PM
Great news!! Glad to hear that she is getting comfortable...i am sure she will have to blend well...with ALL of the cats that you have to socialize her with ;) :)

Robyn

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-13-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Happy feet would be the same as the kneading bread motion, but I always call it "happy feet" because they do it when they are happy.

Awwww....I think I like the happy feet description better too. :D :cool: And I'm so glad Bonnie is doing this too. :D

Robyn, I love the new pics in your signature! Look at the difference in their tails in the first one! :eek: :eek: And the one with Christian in the middle is absolutely adorable!!! Almost as if it was posed, but I know you can't keep cats still long enough for a pic like that, much less a two year old. ;) :D

Christiansmommy
05-13-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Robyn, I love the new pics in your signature! Look at the difference in their tails in the first one! :eek: :eek: And the one with Christian in the middle is absolutely adorable!!! Almost as if it was posed, but I know you can't keep cats still long enough for a pic like that, much less a two year old. ;) :D [/B]

Ahh, thanks so much :) i lucked out that they stayed still enough to take it...it was originally just the cats and when i went outside to take it Christian walked over :)

Robyn