PDA

View Full Version : The Vet I Went To Is Mean To My Dog!!!!!!!!!

Blade5
05-10-2003, 04:07 PM
TODAY I TOOK MY DOG TO THE VET FOR HIS RABIES SHOT ( HE DOESN'T HAW RABIES) AND MY VET SLAMS HIM AGAINST THE WALL AND YANKS ON HIS LEASH FOR NOT STAYING STILL.
! WHAT A MEAN VET!

wolfsoul
05-10-2003, 04:12 PM
How inhumane :mad: A vet should be a person who knows how to handle situations gently! :mad:

You should switch vets..

Rachel
05-10-2003, 04:20 PM
Many years ago, my most cooperative dog cried out in pain when the vet was trying to draw blood. I tried to calm her and he threw me out of the examining room. I heard her cry out again as he completed the process, and tears are streaming down my face. I could barely drive home, I was so upset. Needless to say we never darkened the door of that veterinary clinic again. When I left that exam room, I should have taken her with me, I was just too stunned to think straight.

Dogz
05-10-2003, 04:26 PM
OMG! I can't believe that vets could act like that! They should have their job because they love animals!:mad:

primabella
05-10-2003, 05:31 PM
Don't bring your pup back there. That's all I can say.

binka_nugget
05-10-2003, 05:32 PM
maybe you should report them? iunno.. :S as long as your dog is fine now :D

kingrattus
05-10-2003, 05:59 PM
damn, thats horrible... When Max was acting up, the vet asked me to hold his head, but he was too strong, so she called for help & a diff lady came in & put him in a head lock & told me to pet him & talk to him

GoldenRetrLuver
05-10-2003, 08:40 PM
That vet is a disgrace to vets everywhere..:mad: :mad: Vets are supposed to be kind, gentle people! I would switch vets!

marysmerrycats
05-11-2003, 01:36 AM
that would be shocking to have a vet abuse an animal like that and would make you not know what to say or do at first. but I think if a vet or anyone did that I would take my pet with me and I swear they would be reported... and I would have a hell of alot to say to them, they would think twice about abusing a pet before I was done with the matter.:mad: :mad: what a b******

Cisco's Mom
05-11-2003, 06:39 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Cataholic
05-11-2003, 06:49 AM
First, I would request the records, if there are any to speak of. Then, I would write him a note, on a nice pet type stationary, thanking him for making your vet selection all the much easier, and I would tell him specifically why. " I was not only shocked by your abusive actions towards my pet, but, ashamed that I didn't do something about it immediately. My choice of action is to NEVER bring any of my pets in to see you, and I will mention to everyone I can what I witnessed in this office".

I don't mean that you ARE ashamed, or SHOULD be...I was just suggesting you put that in the letter...

KYS
05-11-2003, 10:56 AM
That is terrible, I also would switch vets.
Throwing a dog against the wall is abuse and I
would make a complaint.

I have always had my suspicions that Rocky had
a very bad experience at the vets when he was spayed.
He always had liked going to the vets untill than, and
their was one particular male vet tech. he hated
after that, (who is no longer their.)
It wasn't untill 3 years ago, that I told my vet that
I wanted to be in the room for simple stuff like
having blood drawn etc. He said it would be no problem,
and I have been with them ever since.

JGuitaristR
05-11-2003, 11:05 AM
Rachel - threw you out of the room? HA!!! That'd be the time I'd take my dog, say screw you and leave. There's no way I'd trust the vet with my dog after it had already been crying.

wolf_Q
05-11-2003, 05:06 PM
I've never been to a vet that wouldn't let me be there for simple things like shots, etc. Actually, the only time I've ever not been right there with the pet is when I've left them for spay/neuter surgeries. I've always been able to hold the dog and calm them while they do the shots. I wouldn't go to a vet that wouldn't let me.

NYCbabi 13002
05-11-2003, 05:15 PM
sue him...lol, that isn't right. If he is a vet he should have self control in what he is doing! Yeah I get frustrated when I can't get some dogs nails clipped, and can't get them bathed without them jumping out of the tub, but I would never be harsh on anyone dog!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

stacwase
05-11-2003, 06:44 PM
Now, why on earth would anybody want to be a vet if they didn't like animals any more than that? That's awful! I mean - if he hates animals why doesn't he go into a profession where he wouldn't be exposed to them? Stupid jerk. I hope somebody's that mean to him some day.

joycenalex
05-11-2003, 06:56 PM
anyone can have a bad day, but slamming an animal in front of the human is way past that. what is he doing when the owner isn't around? the state vet society needs to know about this behavior asap. it is a serious breach of ethics for a vet to harm an animal, and you need to file a complaint to prevent some other animal from being hurt.

zookeeperinaltha
05-12-2003, 01:29 AM
I'm not a violent person but when it comes to my pet I am their protecter! I do believe I would of had me a vet by the neck!

marysmerrycats
05-12-2003, 08:45 PM
the state vet society needs to know about this behavior asap. it is a serious breach of ethics for a vet to harm an animal, and you need to file a complaint to prevent some other animal from being hurt.

yes, you really should report the %&*!@*&%#!!!!!
I think the jerk needs to have a good scare put into him... maybe on a very dark night on the way to his car when he's alone... just a good scare and nothing else. like 3 or 4 people going up to him, having a few words with him, like letting him know they know his address, saying his address to him, something like that. just to scare the hell out of him, maybe then he wouldn't feel like such a "big man" bullying a poor animal.. the jerk how dare he treat an animal like that!

lovemyshiba
05-12-2003, 08:53 PM
Definitely report the vet to whomever you need to--it is unacceptable behavior--AND--which I'm assuming you wouldn't anyway--don't go back there ever again

bnormal
05-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Those types of vets will eventually have no clients...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

marysmerrycats
05-13-2003, 01:48 AM
you know what they say about people that would abuse animals.

and for him to do that in front of you! I can only imagine how he treats peoples pets when he's alone with them.
something very wrong with him... I have a temper at times and I am not a patient person... but there is just no way I could ever hurt my cats. look at them, that animal that is looking up to you, look at those eyes, that little animal that is depending on a human... HOW could anyone lose their temper with that?
there have been a few times that I just get exasperated with one of the cats, not often but sometimes it has happend, when I am trying to give medicine or clip nails or whatever the reason and I look at them....and I just feel how much I love them. that could never be my reaction to throw them agaist a wall. he obvisoulsy needs professional help, and doesn't care for animals.

I really hope you do report him, these animals have rights, to not be hurt.

CattleDogMom
06-17-2003, 10:01 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. I would have come unglued, myself.

I'm lucky I have a wonderful Vet. I wish that on everyone. They let us walk back into the kennel, watch our pet's surgeries (which was a great learning experience for my kids) visit the animals help clean and take care of them, ect.

I have always had a philosophy that if it's a "hi-tech, state of the art" looking place, well, they have to be getting the money some how...and maybe not have the animals best interest in mind. Our vet operates out of an old house converted into a vet hospital. It's obvious they're not in it for the money...at all...lol.

Maybe that's something to consider whenlooking for a new one?

Again, I'm sorry. Just give your sweet precious some extra love tonight to make him/her forget.
Crystal

carole
06-17-2003, 10:58 PM
Not much to add except as the others say CHANGE YOUR VET,there is no place for vets like that around, i have 3 wonderful lady vets, and so far i have no complaints, i know how scared my lexie was, and how all animals get frightened , so to have a vet like that is disgusting.

captain
06-17-2003, 11:15 PM
Let's attach the Vet to a leash, and I will happily slam him into the wall ............... :mad: :mad: :mad:

CattleDogMom
06-17-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by carole
Not much to add except as the others say CHANGE YOUR VET,there is no place for vets like that around, i have 3 wonderful lady vets, and so far i have no complaints, i know how scared my lexie was, and how all animals get frightened , so to have a vet like that is disgusting.

Well said carole.

Crystal

Kfamr
06-18-2003, 12:50 AM
I honestly doubt a professional vet whom spent money to go through college just to take care of animals would do something such as that... If so i highly suggest you change vets and tell the authorities about this one.

aly
06-18-2003, 01:08 AM
I can't see how he could even keep his practice up too long :confused:

shais_mom
06-18-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by NYCbabi 13002
sue him...lol, that isn't right. If he is a vet he should have self control in what he is doing! Yeah I get frustrated when I can't get some dogs nails clipped, and can't get them bathed without them jumping out of the tub, but I would never be harsh on anyone dog!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
ha ha ha ha
yep the joys of a Sue me its ok society.
:rolleyes:
I highly doubt this incident happened. This person hasn't been back have they? Not saying that others haven't had bad experiences stated on this thread, I just highly doubt this happened. I think we were snerked or trolled.

bnormal
06-18-2003, 06:30 AM
shais_mom, I've never been snerked before...and here I thought I'd done it all!

:D :D :D

CattleDogMom
06-18-2003, 11:10 AM
I got some PM's from this person.....

also, I checked this person's "homepage link" and it's the homepage of a search engine.