PDA

View Full Version : I think I am going to do it .......

luckies4me
05-10-2003, 11:21 AM
Well I think I am going to get Mystics belly button hernia taken care of. He has had it since birth, but the vet told me not to worry about it unless it gets bigger and it's not causing him any pain. So I never scheduled the surgery for it. He really needs to get in for a dental, which I have scheduled at the end of the month so I am thinking that I can have the surgery done at that time. It just makes me concerned that it bugs him. I mean I scratch his belly and he loves it. What do you think? I don't want to put him through any unecessary pain, but I am afraid something could happen if he gets poked or something. Don't know what, but I tend to worry about my babies a lot. :D

boscibo
05-10-2003, 11:31 AM
Is he neutered? Bo had a hernia like that and my vet said to put off the hernia surgery until he got neutered, and she did it at the same time - I can't remember exactly, but it was a lot cheaper to do it as long as he was going to be under anyway.

Good luck!
:)

luckies4me
05-10-2003, 12:34 PM
Yep he got neutered a few years ago. :) All my kitties are fixed, thank goodness. That's what I was going to do, the surgery at the time of the neuter but the vet said not to worry about it. I can't help but wonder if it bothers him though, so I think I am going to do it. He needs to go under anesthesia for his dental anyway. :)

moosmom
05-10-2003, 08:08 PM
Why not kill 2 birds (no pun intended) with 1 stone?? Better to have it done now than to go through the expense of having it done at a later date. That is only my opinion.