PDA

View Full Version : Computer illiterate - help!

Candy16
05-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Ok, I feel really, really stupid, but I have been trying for almost a week now to change my "status" from Resident to something more interesting. I cannot figure it out. Can anyone help me and tell me where to type in my witty little saying? LoL Thanks!

Kerri Greyson
05-09-2003, 08:15 PM
ya, i have been trying too! i have no idea, but there are a lot of people who can help. :D

Cinder & Smoke
05-09-2003, 08:29 PM
Its not too hard...

Up near the top of any page, *click* on the "User CP" button...

When the new page appears, find & *click* on the "Edit Profile" button...

Scroll down on the new page till you find the section "Custon User Text"
and fill in what you want displayed,
then scroll down to the bottom of the page & hit "Submit".

With any luck ;) your label should change!

:D

Freckles
05-09-2003, 08:31 PM
Post like crazy until you reach 100 posts. Then follow Phred's instructions.:) :)

Cinder & Smoke
05-09-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
Post like crazy until you reach 100 posts.
Then follow Phred's instructions.:) :)

OOpsie! :o

Furgot bout dat! :o

Acktually, we tought it was only 50 posts before you could customize,
But Freckles is prolly right! :p

Candy16
05-10-2003, 02:12 PM
Oh, I didn't know you had to reach 100 posts. You all are going to be seeing a lot of me in the near future! LoL :D Thanks!

Dogz
05-10-2003, 03:03 PM
You have to do a lot of things under UserCP. Under the name that you are trying to change, some people have pics. They are called Avatars. You have to go under your UserCP for that. Also that is how you get PM. (Private Messages)
Hope you have fun!;)

Candy16
05-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Yes, Dogz, I also had to have someone help me figure out how to put an avatar under my name, but I finally got that straightened out, too! :p Thanks! (I think I've also sent a private message once or twice... but I would definitely have to look around to figure that out again! LoL) ;) :D

Freckles
05-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Something you can customize right now is "location". Most people put in city and state, but some write a paragraph. :D :D