PDA

View Full Version : Collection of Some of the Best Cat Quotations

aguu
05-09-2003, 02:46 PM
I saw this on another cat forum and knew everyone here would enjoy it as much as I did. It's a little long, but
worth the read!
Enjoy!

Bill Adler:
A cat is there when you call her - if she doesn't have anything better to do

Cleveland Amory:
As anyone who has ever been around a cat for any length of time well knows, cats have enormous patience with the limitations of the human kind.

Stephen Baker:
Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily go in one ear and out the other.

Most beds sleep up to six cats. Ten cats without the owner

To bathe a cat takes brute force, perseverance, courage of conviction and a cat. The last ingredient is usually hardest to come by.

Mary Bly:
Dogs come when they're called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.

Dereke Bruce:
In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him.

Robert Byrne:
To err is human, to purr feline.

Dr. Louis J. Camuti:
Most cats, when they are Out want to be In, and vice versa, and often simultaneously.

Roger A. Caras:
Cats don't like change without their consent.
Cats can be cooperative when something feels good, which, to a cat, is the way everything is supposed to feel as much of the time as possible.

Jules Champfleury:
The love of dress is very marked in this attractive animal. He is proud of the lustre of his coat, and cannot endure that a hair of it shall lie the wrong way.

There is no more intrepid explorer than a kitten.

Eleanor Clark:
Even the stupidest cat seems to know more than any dog.

Colette:
My cat does not talk as respectfully to me as I do to her.

Robertson Davies:
Authors like cats because they are such quiet, lovable, wise creatures, and cats like authors for the same reasons.

Leonardo da Vinci:
The smallest feline is a masterpiece.

Jim Davis:
Cats instinctively know the precise moment their owners will awaken...then they awaken them ten minutes earlier.

Missy Dizick:
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.

Allen and Ivy Dodd:
There are people who reshape the world by force or argument, but the cat just lies there, dozing; and the world quietly reshapes itself to suit his comfort and convenience.

Theophile Gautier:
It is a matter to gain the affection of a cat. He is a philosophical animal, tenacious of his own habits, fond of order and neatness, and disinclined to extravagant sentiment. He will be your friend, if he finds you worthy of friendship, but not your slave.

God has created the cat to give man the pleasure of caressing the tiger.

Bonni Elizabeth Hall:
When you come upon your cat, deep in meditation, staring thoughtfully at something that you can't see, just remember that your cat is, in fact, running the universe

Robert A. Heinlein:
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Lynn Hollyn:
Essentially, you do not so much teach your cat as bribe him.

Geoffrey Household:
I have noticed that what cats most appreciate in a human being is not the ability to produce food which they take for granted--but his or her entertainment value.

Michael Jordan:
Cats keep their cool, no matter what. Even when they do things like fall or lose their balance, they'll walk away with an attitude that seems to say, 'I meant to do that.'

Joseph Wood Krutch:
Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many ailments, but I never heard of one who suffered from insomnia.
Cats seem to go on the principle that it never does any harm to ask for what you want.

Jay Leno:
I've never understood why women love cats. Cats are independent, they don't listen, they don't come in when you call, they like to stay out all night, and when they're home they like to be left alone and sleep. In other words, every quality that women hate in a man, they love in a cat.

Sir Harry Swanson:
You can't own a cat. The best you can do is be partners.

Hippolyte Taine:
I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior.

Mark Twain:
If animals could speak the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow, but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much.
I simply can't resist a cat, particularly a purring one. They are the cleanest, cunningest, and most intelligent things I know, outside of the girl you love, of course.

Carl van Vechten:
A cat will sit washing his face within two inches of a dog in the most frantic state of barking rage, if the dog be chained.
The cat seldom interferes with other people's rights. His intelligence keeps him from doing many of the fool things that complicate life.

Barbara Webster:
One reason we admire cats is for their proficiency in one-upmanship. They always seem to come out on top, no matter what they are doing, or pretend they do.

Alfred North Whitehead:
If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer.

ANONYMOUS:
There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

There are many intelligent species in the universe. They are all owned by cats.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.
We humans are indeed fortunate if we happen to be chosen to be owned by a cat.

Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.

Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look as if the dog did it.

Free to a good home - female cat or husband.
Husband says either he goes or cat goes.
Cat fixed, husband isn't.
- Ad in the Flint, Michigan Weekly World News

Dogs have owners, cats have staff.

Avoid dogs whenever you can. Remember...Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral.

Cat: a pygmy lion who loves mice, hates dogs, and patronizes human beings.

The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard cats.

Blessed are those who love cats, for they shall never be lonely.

When I'm in the doghouse, my cats still come to visit.

A rose has thorns, a cat has claws; certainly both are worth the risk.

There are hundreds of good reasons for having a cat, but all you need is one.

A cat is always at the wrong side of the door.

Buy a dog a toy, and he'll play with it forever. Buy a cat a present, and it will play with the wrapper for 10 minutes.

Anything on the ground is a cat toy. Anything not there yet, will be.

A cat makes all the difference between coming home to an empty house and coming home.

Nine lives added to my one life makes a perfect 10.

Life is hard. Soften yours with a cat.

Cats are like music. It's foolish to try to explain their worth to those who don't appreciate them.

Cats whiskers are so sensitive, they can find their way through the narrowest crack in a broken heart.

If you want to know the character of a man, find out what his cat thinks of him

It's really the cat's house. I just pay the mortgage.
Cats know how we feel; they just don't give a damn.

For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Barbara
05-09-2003, 04:50 PM
That's an impressive collection. I knew some of them but usually didn't know who said it. Thanks for sharing:)