PDA

View Full Version : Farting cats

Uabassoon
05-09-2003, 10:17 AM
Does anyone else have a farter? Tibby is the biggest farter I've ever met. She'll sit on my lap and get all comfy and relaxed then let out a smelly one! It's so gross! Does anyone else's cat do this?

Lerah021399
05-09-2003, 11:04 AM
Ali did that a lot when she was really young...it was so much that we started calling her Thunderbutt:eek: She doesn't do it anymore.

catland
05-09-2003, 11:05 AM
My RB kitty, Lucy, did this as a kitten. They were usually SBD's. Oh the horror and the smell:eek:

Kirsten
05-09-2003, 11:12 AM
Luna also did it as a kitten. It completely stopped when she got a treatment against e.coli which have been found in her colon when she was 9 months old.

Kirsten

krazyaboutkatz
05-09-2003, 11:17 AM
Mine sometimes do the SBD's and it sure does stink. Since I don't feed them wet food any more and try not to feed them people food they don't do it as often. The other night though one of them let one go and boy did it stink. :eek: All 3 of them just sat there and looked up at me like what's your problem. I think that the younger a cat is the more they will do this. My Cirrus is only 10 months old so it may be him that's doing this.

aguu
05-09-2003, 11:21 AM
OMG that is so funny!
I was looking for a "farter" thread yesterday!
My Mishka is a total thunder-butt; he sleeps with me and of course just when his butt is closest to my face, does it happen :eek: :eek:
Not only are his farts stinky but they're LOUD too.
As a matter of fact - we're going to the vet tomorrow just to make sure there's isn't something wrong with his tummy...I'm so glad that this may be a common occurrence! Phew.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p101be50822343b92ad15d091742f873d/fc2f1635.gif HA! HA! HA!

Kirsten
05-09-2003, 11:30 AM
Yes, for some reason, it seems to be very common in kittens.

When the cat is older, I would definitely recommend to have the stool tested. Like mentioned above, Luna totally stopped farting after getting a treatment against e.coli bacteria which have been found in her stool.

Kirsten

slick
05-09-2003, 11:41 AM
Haven't noticed it all in my two. But me....now that's a different story.....

HayleyRosie
05-09-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by slick
Haven't noticed it all in my two. But me....now that's a different story.....

LOL!

wolflady
05-09-2003, 12:37 PM
LOL LOL ROTFL :D Thanks for the laugh this morning! I swear animal farts are the stinkiest! :eek: Mine really don't do it that often, but when they do....clear the room! :eek: LOL LOL :D

trinity
05-09-2003, 01:22 PM
It hasn't happened recently but when Kunan was younger he'd come up in my lap, get all comfy...and then fumigate the room! And I swear he knew what he was doing 'cause he would look at me with this adorably innocent face.....

Catsnclay
05-09-2003, 01:27 PM
LOL When Lucky was young he was the smelliest cat! He too, would cuddle up next to us on the sofa, then let one out....Phew!:eek: My husband & I would run to another room! At first Tim would try to blame it on me, then one day Lucky curled up on his lap. Needless to say I was never blamed anymore :)

We figured it was the veal food that was upsetting his stomach, once we stopped giving it to him, the uh, gas stopped too! Whew! Now we can breathe again.........;)

ramanth
05-09-2003, 01:45 PM
ahhhh Happy Farts. ;) :D

All the cats I've had always get comfy in the lap and then let one loose.

Some of those boys can peel paint! :eek: :o :rolleyes: :p

RICHARD
05-09-2003, 05:25 PM
i can't believe this thread!!

you mean the most dignified animal on the planet f@rts???
no way, you all are joking.............:)

carole
05-09-2003, 05:40 PM
Oh my darling little Lexie is silent but violent, she can clear a room in one second flat, sooti was a bit the same but not as bad, maybe it is in younger cats, because the old boy never does it, maybe once in a blue moon.
One particular wet food i have taken her off , she was soooo. bad that day , everytime i picked her up PONG, so no more of that one. Now hubby can blame the cat lol.....................:)

ScantyNebula
05-09-2003, 05:48 PM
Toby's only done it once. around us..he was lying down on our bed and we heard a little Pffft sound ... then came the horrendous smell. Kinda like a reaction to it like, "TOBY!! What did YOU do??" haha :D

slick
05-09-2003, 06:06 PM
This thread is absolutely hilarious!! :D :D

I can't believe that such beautiful animals can project such disgusting smells. But then again, Billy Gates farts, I'll bet.

ScantyNebula
05-09-2003, 06:11 PM
Toilet humour is absolutely hilarious .. and hardly ever gets old .. just because :p The funniest thing EVER is seeing animals do it .. It just seems wrong for some reason LOL

Cheshirekatt
05-09-2003, 06:29 PM
I haven't had my cats do it so much. Occationally when they're kittens I'd smell something and think one of them had taken a dump in the bed! LOL Wilma on the other hand.....when she was younger she farted and it must have burned a little because when it came out she yipped and spun around to see what got her! LOL OMG I laughed soooo hard!

Buford regularly fumigates the room. I'm thinking of changing his food. :eek:

RedHedd
05-09-2003, 06:31 PM
LOL! Mitzi did this when I first got her. I think it was because her diet hadn't been too good (feral and then the shelter fed her whatever food was donated) and she was scared. Now I notice that she does it sometimes when she gets a gander at Mr. Mishi or she's stressed about something. My little rolly polly fluffy farter! :D She's much better on her new, healthy, low cal Pet Gold diet with me.

Heck, my boss farts when he's stressed! :eek: :eek:

kimlovescats
05-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Although my adult cats do let loose now and then ... my experience is that kitten toots are usually associated with wormies! :(

wolflady
05-09-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by ScantyNebula
Toilet humour is absolutely hilarious .. and hardly ever gets old .. just because :p The funniest thing EVER is seeing animals do it .. It just seems wrong for some reason LOL

So true. I think it's just so funny when animals do it because they are so innocent to what they are doing...unlike us humans who can use it as weapons and practical jokes on others. I had a friend in college who actual lit one of his! :eek: Who would have thought that the flame would glow blue???!! LOL LOL

wolflady
05-09-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
i can't believe this thread!!

you mean the most dignified animal on the planet f@rts???
no way, you all are joking.............:)

OMG! LOL LOL ROFLMAO!!! :D :D

ScantyNebula
05-09-2003, 06:59 PM
ok...we're doing toilet humour .. so apparently my dad thinks that Toby taking a dump is so funny that he capture the event on film. View the attatched file if you please, don't worry its nothing too gross LOL

rosethecopycat
05-09-2003, 07:44 PM
At rare moments, Snowy becomes extra affectionate. Like while I'm stretching on the floor, he'll come over and lay down and just LAY ONE OUT!

Well, not to put the blame on the wrong creature, I ask my husband if he did it. He knows not to blame the helpless cat if he really did do it. So, if he says" NO. Then it was my Snowy.:rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
05-09-2003, 08:13 PM
OMG!!!! Basie is a HUGE farter!!!!

He does it when David picks him up and he is sqwirming. I think the worst ones are while he's asleep!!! ICK!

Shhhhh.....don't tell Nakita. ;)

batgirl1980
05-09-2003, 09:56 PM
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! I love this thread!!

Mozart used to when he was little, and on a different food.. they were SBD's, however, he would turn around and smell himself like "WHAT WAS THAT SMELL???!!! DID I DO THAT??" i would laugh so hard, then he'd look at me like "excuse me, it is not THAT funny"

Eliza does sometimes, if my husband comes near her and she doesn't want to be bothered.. she lets one loose, and man does he back away quick....

ScantyNebula: Per your Toby going potty photo.. I have one of mozart (recent).. he is in the exact position of Toby.. however mozart is a BIG BOY! (BIG as in long legs, tall, and 3 yrs old).. might give your dad an looksie into the future, because mozart has Toby's coloring! I'll dig it out if you want! (Mozart will not be happy about it though! ;) )

Bach, I am pleased to say, is the only proper kitty in my house. Ally will be glad for that i'm sure!!!!!

carole
05-09-2003, 10:17 PM
You know what makes this thread so funny, is the way you folks describe your kitties farting, that had me cracking up, i think cats are like humans, some fart alot and some dont lol.:D

ScantyNebula
05-09-2003, 10:45 PM
ROFL do show the pic Mozart, don't worry, Toby wasn't too impressed with me either but he got over it ;)

BastetsMum
05-10-2003, 02:46 AM
LAUGHS OUT LOUD UNTIL RIBS HURT!!!

I was going to post a farting thread since Bastet for the first time I have had her laid ME out today with the biggest, loudest, smelliest fart. She ran furry to the next room she scared herself so bad! Its winter here now and quite cold but DAMN! I had to open the windows!

BTW: We both blamed it on my flatmate :D

IttyBittyKitty
05-10-2003, 03:07 AM
What a classic thread, lmao at Bastet!

My housemate in a house I used to live in rescued a stray male kitty who was about six months old. Maxi, the kitty, started on his wet food and was loving it, but his tummy took a little while to adjust to food in such large quantities (he was almost emaciated) ... and he'd been living off KFC, ewwwwww!! His farts were the WORST I swear, the whole house would stink when he let one off. LMAO, he used to use it as a weapon! If you picked him up when he didn't want to be picked up, he would let off a REAL STINKER! It was awful! He pretty much stopped after his tummy adjusted. Pixel has been the same - occasionally, she lets a smelly one off, but it seems to be for the same reason (they only get dried biccies in the shelters)! The same deal applies, she is putting on more weight and farting less (thank God)

Miss Meow
05-11-2003, 05:23 PM
Jasmine's nickname used to be Nagasaki after the nuclear-sized stinkers she used to drop. Thank goodness her digestive system has matured :)

Someone still does silent but deadlies but we haven't worked out who it is. Shane and I will be sitting in the loungeroom and all of a sudden I'll be, "PWOARRRRR Did you fart, Shane?". And he'll go, "No, I can't sme ... WOARRRRRRR what was that? Did you do that?" And I'll say, "Nooooo way, my butt's not capable of that intensity." So we ask the cats one by one if they did the stinker (we don't do this when we have visitors). I think it's Tabasco Stinkybutt :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-12-2003, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by batgirl1980
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! I love this thread!!

Bach, I am pleased to say, is the only proper kitty in my house. Ally will be glad for that i'm sure!!!!!

Ally is extremely glad that Bach is such a gentleman! I haven't really noticed her "letting rip" - maybe some cats are just windier than others!:D

batgirl1980
05-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Scanty Nebula...
here's the photo of Mozart (FINALLY found it.. I think he tried to hide it).. he isn't facing the camera, but you get a good idea.. sometimes he even pushes off higher, so his back legs are really stretched up and out....

*apologizes to mozart in advanced* (my husband thought I was nuts to take the picture...)

Soledad
05-12-2003, 11:58 PM
Eeeeeeeeew. You dirty boy! :p ;) :) :D

BastetsMum
05-13-2003, 02:32 AM
*Grabs the deoderisor and sprays it round the room* :D

smokey the elder
05-13-2003, 06:52 AM
Big ol'TicTac lets out a WMD fart every once in a while. Keith always goes, "Burn some INCENSE!!":D ;)

05-13-2003, 07:37 AM
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/bouncebig.gifhttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/bouncebig.gifhttp://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/bouncebig.gif

OMG, this is such a http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/signs/Funny_post.gif

Ever seen this one here ? http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/dogshit.gif

OH my, we'd better watch out for "the boss", he he; they spotted this "fart-stinky" post...
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/signs/adminwatch.gif

RICHARD
05-13-2003, 06:54 PM
i still do not believe any of you!!!!;)

i know this because eddie climbs on me on cold nights
and to get comfy he puts his butt next to my face....

the only thing i have noticed is the rash on my neck and i haven't had to shave in a few months...

WMD....
silent but violent...
SBD......
letting rip...
nagasaki.......
lay one out.....
kitten toots????

but no one has mentioned.....cutting the cheese! or
"he who smelt it, dealt it"....;)

for a while i thought eddie was a terrorist because of the biological effects on our humble household....especially
when HE gets offended by his own scat!!! At that point i
leave the room.

Soledad
05-13-2003, 07:04 PM
How bout "a fox smells his own hole first." I learned that one from my fourth grade teacher. ;)

Lando
05-13-2003, 11:13 PM
Yes, Midnight does that once in a while. and wow it stinks. that reminds me of a time when I was playing basketball and my old cat, Lion was watching me. THe ball hit him(not hard) and he farted. Yukk, but it was sort of funny.

Cataholic
05-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Ally was a total stinker butt when she was little. I would just look at this precious bundle of fluff and say, "did you really just do that?" I swore it was a 250 pound man! Thankfully, she outgrew it...

catland
05-14-2003, 01:21 PM

"he who smelt it, dealt it"....;)

SPLEEN!!!! Where have you been buddy?

RICHARD
05-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by catland
SPLEEN!!!! Where have you been buddy?

you know......for probably the first time in my life i don't know what to say.....lol......SPLEEN????

catland
05-14-2003, 06:32 PM
you know......for probably the first time in my life i don't know what to say.....lol......SPLEEN????

Look everyone - Richard is speechless!

fyi - Spleen is a character from the movie "Mystery Men" - his special super power was, well, lets just say he would say to people, "pull my finger"....

BastetsMum
05-14-2003, 07:02 PM
LAUGHS HARD!

Oh dear I have to go watch Mystery Men now!

And here I was thinking that the cat farted hard enough its spleen flew out!

Darn this is the funniest thread ever!

Vio&Juni
05-15-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Miss Meow
Jasmine's nickname used to be Nagasaki after the nuclear-sized stinkers she used to drop.

:D We used to call Naomi the same. She was such a stinker :eek: But you all know she was vegetarian and her favorite food was cabbage :rolleyes:

RICHARD
05-15-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by catland
Look everyone - Richard is speechless!

fyi - Spleen is a character from the movie "Mystery Men" - his special super power was, well, lets just say he would say to people, "pull my finger"....

thanks!!!!!

on the 'movies to rent' list!!!!

Nomilynn
05-16-2003, 11:27 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAH TOOOOOO FUUUNNNNNYYY!!!!

All three of mine can cultivate the stinkiest poots!!! I think they save them, until they know it will make eyes water and noses burn!!! :eek: