PDA

View Full Version : The never-ending...

wolf_Q
05-09-2003, 08:39 AM
FETCH-MACHINE! Is there such thing as a Siberian Retriever? ;) I think I have one!!

My goodness, you can't just sit or lay down anywhere in my house...you do, you have a toy squeaking in your face constantly. "Throw it, throw it!" You can't even stand up half the time, or there's a dog squeaking a toy on your butt.....:rolleyes: And watch out if you are laying the floor...I've had kongs dropped on my head more then once!

And it's not just me he brings them to either....it's anyone. Sometimes he takes turns. He'll bring it to me, then to my mom, then to my dad. I guess it's more exciting that way. ;)

He's such a dork. Last night I gathered up his collection of toys and put them in his basket. Not 10 minutes later I had every single toy brought to me to throw for him. lol.

Is anyone else owned by a Never-Ending-Fetch-Machine? :D

ramanth
05-09-2003, 08:56 AM
Unfortunately no.

I only get in two maybe three good throws before she either looks at me with this expression ( :rolleyes: ) or she'll get it and not bring it back.

However most of the time she will retrieve her water toy more than twice. ;) :D

GoldenRetrLuver
05-09-2003, 09:01 AM
awww, thats so cute! Daisy is obsessed with playing fetch too! She would play it all a i she wanted too! Sometimes when we come home, shes playing fetch by herself! Afterall...she is a retriever! Molly loves to catch frisbees too! Im thinking about getting her into disc dog competitions and Daisy, im intrested in training her to be a therapy dog!:)

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-09-2003, 09:20 AM
Yes! Oreo's favorite fetch toy is a tennis ball. She'll play forever if you will. She brings the ball up to you and "tosses" it into your lap, or sometimes if she's feeling lazy she's just rolls it to your feet. Either way, it is clear that she's saying "your turn!"

Uabassoon
05-09-2003, 09:32 AM
That's cute! I can't get Missy to fetch, she'll look at the ball like she's interested but after I throw it she'll still sit there looking at me.

tikeyas_mom
05-09-2003, 01:51 PM
wow you are lucky I think. I wish Tikeya would fetch. she just runs after the ball I through and sniffs it lol. not much fun.. When I fetch with Oscar he goes and gets it but doesnt bring it back, he takes off and you have to chase him lol.

ParNone
05-09-2003, 02:17 PM
I'm not sure what Oz and I do could officially be classified as
Fetch. It's more like Catch. But whatever I throw for him, after
he's caught it, he'll bring it back. He's not near as obsessive
about it as Nebo though. I can tell him "enough" and he'll stop
bringing it to me. Then he'll usually take the toy over to Murph
and wave it around him, trying to get Murph to play. If it's a
frisbee... Forget it... Murph does not see the point of frisbees.
But if it's a rope toy or a somewhat long stuffie, then Murph might
play tug with him.

Oz's favorite place to bring me things is when I'm taking a bath
or going to the bathroom. I think his reasoning is, "since you're
obviously not doing anything... you might as well throw this toy
for me".:)

Par...

Cincy'sMom
05-09-2003, 03:47 PM
Somedays, yes. and it could be any one of the three, although Cincy is the most reliable fetching machine in the backyard and Spot is in the house. sadie likes to run after the ball, but if one fo the other two come charging at her, she drops it :)

lovemyshiba
05-09-2003, 04:13 PM
I get this look from Kito too :rolleyes: --he seriously looks like he is thinking "if you want the thing, why did you throw it in the first place--stupid mommy"
Abbey will fetch for me, and she likes to drag everything all over the house (including her dishes), and Riley is learning fetch right now--I'm sure he'll be the fetcher out of the 3!!!!

ChrisH
05-09-2003, 05:55 PM
Lol, Amy, sounds just like my Bob!:D And bear in mind that Bob is no longer a pup, he will be 5 soon! will he ever grow up!? (I secretly hope not.):D

Yes, from the evidence you give I would say Nebo definitely is a Siberian Retriever!

wolfsoul
05-09-2003, 06:00 PM
I can't stand it when dogs drive me nuts with balls and sticks and toys! lol

My old dog Stitch acts alot like a border collie, and she always brought me things!

Timber doesn't care much for balls and such. She ignores sticks, but will chase a ball three or four times before she gets bored of it and stops playing all together. ;)

Leather doesn't even care. She's getting too old to bother :rolleyes: I used to throw a kong for her, and she would go get it (but never give it back of course :p) but now she just doesn't feel the need for those "puppy pastimes." :p

shais_mom
05-10-2003, 01:27 AM
course I HAVE a retriever but......

shais_mom
05-10-2003, 01:31 AM
and

shais_mom
05-10-2003, 01:33 AM
another one

shais_mom
05-10-2003, 01:35 AM
and this one

shais_mom
05-10-2003, 01:35 AM
and lastly

zippy-kat
05-10-2003, 01:43 AM
YES!

And Sara's favorite "outside toy" is her old sneaker. That's all fine and dandy except when she's close to you and decides to shake it... you usually get "kicked" in the shin!!:rolleyes:

Cookiebaker
05-10-2003, 06:11 AM
Heheh! Don't I wish!!! When you throw something for Malone, he'll go fetch it, but then run away as far and as fast as he can! Other times, if you throw something for him, he'll just stand there and look at you with that DUUUHHHH! look in his eyes!! But occasionally he does get in the mood, and then he will bring it back to be thrown again.

*LabLoverKEB*
05-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Retriever? What's a Retriever? No Retriever here!:D

Yes, Sadie is OBSESSED with playing fetch, as all Labs, and Goldens are!:) ;)

Dogz
05-10-2003, 04:30 PM
AWWW!!! Shai's_Mom! Your retriever is soooo cute!

Yes! I do have a never ending retrieving machine! I know, I know... did you guess Chubby, or Digger? Oh no! My machine is PRINCE! All he wants to do is play fetch! I am practicing baseball, and he runs and gets the ball!:p

cali
05-10-2003, 06:11 PM
lol I have border collies, if ya dont throw anything for then constitly they will turn their "eye" on you lol, thes can be rather unervingto some people :D

anna_66
05-11-2003, 10:11 PM
expecially if her and Angus are going after the same toy:rolleyes:

zippy-kat
05-12-2003, 12:04 AM
I have another Fetch Monster... :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p7483208e890ebbe6c03d4da12fcb6ebc/fc2a955d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p55022e82a14147914f3f2b4db416b8e2/fc2a955c.jpg

ramanth
05-12-2003, 09:06 AM
LOL!!!! Those pics of K'Cee is SO cute! :D

Love the pics of Keegan too. :)

zippy-kat
05-12-2003, 12:31 PM
Thanks Kimmy! :D

K'Cee is such a goof -- and THIEF!!! She has a thing for empty sweet 'n low packages. She'll steal 'em from ANYWHERE! Found her secret stash last night...:rolleyes: LOL

ramanth
05-12-2003, 12:33 PM
LOL! The only thing my trio steals is the covers. ;) :D