PDA

View Full Version : middle of the night pee!!!

tikeyas_mom
05-08-2003, 10:17 PM
ok when ever Tikeya sleeps in my room she wakes up in the LATE night at around 3-4 am and she will whine at my door to go out side.

Then I will wake up and bring her out, and wait... I end up waiting like another hour for her.

or she wont come back in...

we have a fenced yard so its ok to leave her out there. the problem is when she wants back in!! I will put her out, she wont want in, then about an hour later she wants in.

She I have to get up and let her in. She does this EVERY night, ever since she was a puppy. So lately my mom has been bringing Tikeya into her room down stairs to sleep in our underground basement. She LOVES it, she doesnt wake up in the night at all, NOT EVEN ONCE!!!

I love my dog so much I want her to sleep with me, not my mom. What should I do ???

wolfsoul
05-08-2003, 10:40 PM
Do you let Tikeya out before you go to bed? I would leave her outside for an hour or so before you go to bed to wear her out a bit so she'll want to sleep and she'll have already gone to the bathroom ;) Or maybe train her to use a litter box? Not the greatest idea, lol, but it could work :confused:

kingrattus
05-08-2003, 10:48 PM
well a few months back max got into the HABBIT of peeing on the floor. Dad got pissed at him one day & he stoped peeing on the floor. Try breaking her habbit, by scolding her when she does it.. it seems like its just a habbit & she really doesn't need to pee.. also try setting up a pee schedual, it'll help grow her a big strong bladder & she wont have to pee 10 times a day.. Max poops once a day & pees no more the 3 times a day. frist thing in the morning. when dad gets home from work & just before dad goes to bed. but on an avg day, Max will only pee twice..

now don't think he has limitted water or doesn't drink enough because ur sooooo wrong.. he drinks about 1L /day. & it takes him up to 3 mins to stop peeing. The vet said what we did was great!! & nothing is wrong with his bladder.. The vet said it'll help when he gets quite old & shouldn't be able to hold himself, But that shouldn't happen to Max he said.. his bladde is in perfect shape & is quite strong & large for an older dog.. so I'm happy:)

& people thought we were mean to make him hold himself when he was a puppy

tikeyas_mom
05-08-2003, 10:49 PM
YA right lol a Siberian Husky useing the litter box ha ha ha ha that is hilariouse. lol LMAO.. I dont think so.

She doesnt like going outside for like more then an hour when ppl are awake She screams her head off to be let in. it is soooooo annoying.

tikeyas_mom
05-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Max poops once a day & pees no more the 3 times a day.

Tikeya poops every 2 days. and pees all the time.

She doesnt pee int he hosue though. My mom told me to get mad at her to. So I gueaa I'll try it. :D. thanks for the advise.

kingrattus
05-08-2003, 11:10 PM
Well max started to pee in the house because he was sick & needed to pee every few hrs. Then it became a habbit. We thought his bladder was shot. But Max peed in the wrong spot one day & dad grabed him by the scruff on the throat & shook him & yelled at him. That was the last time he peed on the floor.

Glacier
05-08-2003, 11:24 PM
Just a guess, but I think Tikeya has you trained. It's fun for a dog to go check things out in the middle of the night. She knows that you will get up and let her out and back in when she so desires. She knows that your mom won't! She's just figured out who the softer touch is! :p

If demands to go out for a pee in the middle of the night, take her on leash to a designated area. Give her a couple minutes to do her business and take her back in. She'll soon figure out that it isn't much fun anymore and stop asking.