PDA

View Full Version : Itchy Eyes!

CoolBabe22
05-08-2003, 06:15 PM
My cat Rosey has very bad promblems with her eyes.She always scratches them.Every morning when she wakes up from sleeping,she can't see.:confused: Note--She is an outdoor kitten Please help us! -CoolBabe22

slick
05-08-2003, 07:02 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! My first question is how old is the kitten? If she's really young why is she kept outdoors?? Does she sleep inside the house at night and outdoor during the day? I'm thinking it could be an allergy of some sort. Are her eyes red? If so, maybe you should take her to the vet for some eye medication.

CoolBabe22
05-08-2003, 07:09 PM
She is 2 weeks and 4 days old.Her eyes aren't red.They hve this stuff around them.She is an outdoor cat all the time.She stays in a very clean,shed close to the house.

kohala
05-08-2003, 07:39 PM
Sounds like you ought to get her to a vet. I'm not sure at that age, but perhaps she's got an infection. Is she still with her mother? If she is going to stay outdoors, she really should be seen by a professionsl. To open her eyes, you could use warm, moist compresses. I hope someone with more "kitten" experience replies, as they have needs that are undoubtedly different from adults. And two weeks is very young.