PDA

View Full Version : *mad* how could ppl be so irresponsible.

tikeyas_mom
05-08-2003, 10:54 AM
ok my friend just told my that there is this lil shih tzu that lives on her street, and it is always loose. they dont keep it chained up or fenced up. they dont even try to keep it in there yard.

I feel so sorry for it because it ends up wandering the streets for hours or even days till the owners notestit is missing.

My friend told me that it has been dragging its bum lately, you know what that mean!!!! PIN WORMS!!! that can easily dehiderate (sp?) the dog and cause severe erritation (sp?) .. grrr :mad: If I had that pup he would NEVER have to deal with worms, expecially to the point where it ends up dragging its bottom..

:eek: I am going to tell my mom right when I get home today, I am at school right now, and we will look for the dog and treat it's worms and then charge the owners for the coast.

poor thing..

tikeyas_mom
05-08-2003, 12:30 PM
bump ;)

tatsxxx11
05-08-2003, 12:33 PM
I think it's a good idea for you to tell your Mom! This doggie needs attention, emotional and veterinary! Perhaps your Mom can have a talk with the parents! Poor pup. Hoping for a positive ending. Please let us know!

ParNone
05-08-2003, 01:51 PM
My friend told me that it has been dragging its bum lately, you know what that mean!!!! PIN WORMS!!!
Not necessarily. It could be anal glands that need to be expressed
or like in the case of my dog, allergies. She's on special dog
food and gets frequent medicated baths and gets her skin suaved
down with medicated pads everyday. And although it's much,
much improved, she will drag her rear from time to time, cuz it's
itchy, if her allergies are flaring up.

Par...

lovemyshiba
05-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Either way, it does mean that the dog needs some attention--medical or otherwise.
I hope things work out--do whatever you can to help this little pupster.

tikeyas_mom
05-08-2003, 03:08 PM
I have only seen it free once. but it lives on my friends street not mine, so she sees it all the time wandering amelessly. I think it neds togoto the vet and get medical attention as well as a groom and shave, it is all shaggy and matted. :(

GoldenRetrLuver
05-08-2003, 05:38 PM
Thats a nice thing to do for the dog! I dont think you can charge the owners for the cost, on one hand they didnt ask you too, and on the other hand, you didnt have there permission. I watched animal court a few times, and most of the time this is what the judge ends up saying! But, i think its great you are going to do that for the dog!:)

moosmom
05-08-2003, 06:36 PM
I think your mom needs to call Animal Control. There are ALOT of irresponsible pet owners out there. Why should that poor pooch suffer because his owners are idiots. You did the right thing by telling your mom. Please let us know how you make out.

Dogz
05-08-2003, 06:50 PM
Poor pup! I wish that those people out there would take care of their pets:mad: Someone in my class told us once that he kicked his dog...:mad: I was SOOO mad. Plus I didn't like the idiot in the first place. We hatched a baby chick, and he wants it... I sure don't want him to have it. If he kicks his dog, what will he do to a chicken?:confused:

Tell us how it all comes out!

tikeyas_mom
05-08-2003, 09:04 PM
we went looking for it and ya, We couldent find it, but we will.

kingrattus
05-08-2003, 10:05 PM
its a very sweet thing ur doing for the dog. don't just take him to a vet take him to a no kill shelter & hopefully they wont bail him out

wolfsoul
05-08-2003, 10:09 PM
We don't have a no kill shelter here :( Well, they try not to kill the healthy dogs. So hopefully this one won't have too much wrong with it.. But there is a shit zu fad in Kelowna. Suddenly everyone wants a shit zu lol. So it wouldn't be too hard to find it a home ;) My grandma would probably take it just like that lol, she has a shit zu :D

tikeyas_mom
05-08-2003, 10:12 PM
ya right as if my mom will bring it to the SPCA, she has been wanting another shih tzu for like ever, and if this one finds its way into our home it is staying. :D.

kingrattus
05-08-2003, 10:36 PM
hmmm.. I don't think u can just take the dog.. but if u talk to the shelter & tell them if the owners dont come looking for him within a week ur keeping him... u can keep him at ur place for that week, but if the shelter doesn't get a responce, its urs to keep & there isn't a damn thing the old owners can do about :)

tikeyas_mom
05-08-2003, 10:53 PM
Its not like we would steal it. We would keep it at our house for a while and put up a found add in the paper. then if noone calls, wala he/she is ours.

marysmerrycats
05-08-2003, 11:01 PM
well if thats all the more they care about the poor dog, then maybe someone should take it home and care for it, since they aren't going to . they don't deserve it.

tikeyas_mom
05-08-2003, 11:03 PM
I think the ppl are an elderly couple. maybe they dont notest the dogs needs anymore. I think it would be better off somewhere eles. I hope we find him.