PDA

View Full Version : Oreo's early morning mouse rescue

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-08-2003, 10:40 AM
Oreo woke us up at 2:30 this morning wanting to go out. When I let her out, she ran straight for the side of the pool and looked in. But, as it was 2:30, I was too tired to think much of it.

About an hour later, she woke us up again having a complete fit outside, whining and scratching at the plastic cover to the pool filter. Oreo's dad went out to investigate, and when he took off the filter cover he discovered a very wet and very unhappy mouse! :eek: The poor little guy must have fallen in the pool and been stuck in there for an hour. At that point, it had wedged itself into the filter, probably the only place it could rest and not drown.

My husband spent the next 20 minutes outside in the dark and cold, risking waking the neighbors, trying to rescue the stuck mouse. He finally got it out, and it scurried off into the night. Oreo was quite pleased.

So, a gold star to Oreo for telling us a mouse was in danger, and a gold medal to my husband, the mouse rescuer! :D

lovemyshiba
05-08-2003, 11:09 AM
Oreo and Oreo's dad are the heroes for the day!!!
What a smart dog!!!

Logan
05-08-2003, 11:19 AM
Three cheers for Oreo and Oreo's dad!!!! That was probably one happy mouse!!!! :)

ramanth
05-08-2003, 11:32 AM
And one unhappy Kona! ;) :D

Good for Oreo and your hubby! :D

MaxandSpike'sMom
05-08-2003, 12:04 PM
Good Job Oreo! (And Oreo's Dad)!

tatsxxx11
05-08-2003, 12:30 PM
Oreo and Dad BOTH deserve gold medals!!:) I'll bet the poor, wet mousey was one happy little guy!:D Yay, Oreo!

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-08-2003, 02:38 PM
Ramanth hit the nail right on the head--Kona sat on the bed with me watching the whole saga through the sliding glass door. I could just hear her grumbling "I'll get the mousie for you! he, he, he"

kingrattus
05-08-2003, 10:18 PM
yay to Oreo & ur hubby.
============
"I'll get the mousie for you! he, he, he"
============
heheheh... cute :)