PDA

View Full Version : Lamb and Rice?

wolf_Q
05-08-2003, 12:56 AM
It seems like all the pet food companies make a big deal out of their "lamb and rice" formula...I see "lamb and rice" treats now too.

What is it about the "lamb and rice" formula that is so special? I mean, what would make it more desirable over chicken/beef/etc. in pet food?

Is it for pets that are sensitive to other ingredients or...? Just curious....

p.s. I've heard from more then on person that lamb and rice food tends to give dogs gas! :o

Cheshirekatt
05-08-2003, 01:04 AM
People use it because corn is like the number one allergy dogs seem to have. Chicken, too. Personally I use Lamb and Rice because anything with corn seems to make my dogs itch. And Joxer gets "shooting sick bottom" from anything with corn in it.....not fun!

Cincy'sMom
05-08-2003, 04:53 AM
Like Cheshitekat said, it is mostly for allergies. Cincy had problems with Chicken based food, whether it was the chicken or the corn, I'm not sure, but my dogs all eat the Lamb and Rice and do wellon it.

Rachel
05-08-2003, 06:29 AM
I used to feed my dogs the regular chicken based Iams dry dog food. Periodically Hannah was just refuse to eat it. Since I switched to the Lamb and Rice formula, both my dogs gobble up their food without hesitation.

Jessica12345
05-08-2003, 06:52 AM
actully we just put jewels on that a few days ago. she has been throwing up everywhere... and is really really itchy! :( now though she seems to be getting better. :) She has lamb and rice wet food and lamb and rice treats. :D

lovemyshiba
05-08-2003, 07:54 AM
For us it was the opposite--Kito wouldn't eat the lamb and rice stuff--a little bit, and then he walked away like he was too good for it:rolleyes:
We have chicken based foods now, and all 3 do very well with it.