PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Believe I Did This.....

Cheshirekatt
05-07-2003, 05:42 PM
So I was on my way into the grocery store and there were two little kids with a box of three kittens just giving them away to anybody! I'm sure I don't have to tell you that I took the three of them myself?!? There were two grey tabbies and one black one. They seemed extremely healty and well socialized and about 6 weeks old. I have a friend that's been looking for two kittens. She just got her own place and wanted two to keep each other company so she took the male tabby and the black female. :) I can't believe I'm doing this, but I kept the other little female tabby. She seems very well adjusted. She's been playing all day. Picasso hissed at her, but he does that with all the cats when they come home from the vet! :rolleyes: I'm going to wait to decide on a name until she goes to the vet tomorrow for her check up (and to make sure she is actually a she!). I'll post pictures as soon as I clear the memory card for the digital camera! She's soooooo cute!

lailamara
05-07-2003, 05:47 PM
:D :rolleyes:
Then again ....how could you not take them !!! How about Matisse to go with Picasso or Freida (Khaloo), or some other artist's name !!:D :D

Soledad
05-07-2003, 05:50 PM
Yay! More kitten photos!!!

Cheshirekatt
05-07-2003, 06:04 PM
And it just broke my heart that they were handing this kittens out to anyone. Grrrrrr! When will people learn? Anyway here are the kitties I already have:

Amadeus
Picasso
Elvis
Elvira

I also had a Vincent and Rodin, but they went to the RB last summer. :( I was thinking Tigerlilly would be a cute name. :D But I like Freida, too.

moosmom
05-07-2003, 06:06 PM
Cheshirekatt,

Woohoo!! Another kitty! Good for you! Kittens are the easiest to introduce to your cats. I was going to suggest keeping the kitten isolated until she's got a clean bill of health by the vet. Oops, too late. Also, have the vet do a Teiter/Alisa test for Feline Leukemia/Feline Aids. Kittens that young usually test false positive when the "stick" test is done. The Teiter/Alisa test requires a blood sample and takes about 24-48 hours for the results. This way you don't put your other cats at risk.

Good luck with your new kitty! I hope everything turns out okay.

Cheshirekatt
05-07-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Cheshirekatt,

Woohoo!! Another kitty! Good for you! Kittens are the easiest to introduce to your cats. I was going to suggest keeping the kitten isolated until she's got a clean bill of health by the vet. Oops, too late. Also, have the vet do a Teiter/Alisa test for Feline Leukemia/Feline Aids. Kittens that young usually test false positive when the "stick" test is done. The Teiter/Alisa test requires a blood sample and takes about 24-48 hours for the results. This way you don't put your other cats at risk.

Good luck with your new kitty! I hope everything turns out okay.

Good thinking. I actually already had the fiv/felv snap test done at the local vet. Just to be sure. It was negative. :D I just want her to go to our regular vet for her full check-up.

My friend just called and said she named the two kitties George and Gracie.

slick
05-07-2003, 06:39 PM
AWWWWWWW I'l bet it was those kitten eyes that got you! Can hardly wait to see pictures....

PayItForward
05-07-2003, 06:39 PM
Rehoming three needy kittens. Well Done.

We needs photos of your new kitty.

kimlovescats
05-07-2003, 10:37 PM
Way to go for stepping in and helping find homes for these 3 babies!!! Two went to a dependable friend and well, one went to your loving home!!!! YIPPEE! Can't wait for pics!:D

krazyaboutkatz
05-07-2003, 10:58 PM
Congrats!!! :D I'm so glad that you took all three kittens so now they all have great forever homes. I can't wait to see pics. :)

marysmerrycats
05-07-2003, 11:43 PM
congratulations! how many cat do you have now? pics! pics!

NoahsMommy
05-07-2003, 11:47 PM
Yay, more kitties!!!! Thanks for finding great homes for those three! :)

I love the name Frieda!!!

Cheshirekatt
05-08-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by marysmerrycats
congratulations! how many cat do you have now? pics! pics!

This little kitty makes five altogether. In the space of 2 minutes she's changed the channel on the remote and turned off my computer! :rolleyes: Ahhhh.......kitties! Oops and now that I've got the memory card cleared the batteries are dead and I need to recharge them! Argggg!

NoahsMommy
05-08-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
This little kitty makes five altogether. In the space of 2 minutes she's changed the channel on the remote and turned off my computer! :rolleyes: Ahhhh.......kitties! Oops and now that I've got the memory card cleared the batteries are dead and I need to recharge them! Argggg!
oooooh! Talented!!! :)

AmberLee
05-08-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
oooooh! Talented!!!

And it sounds like she's fast, too!

Well done.

jenluckenbach
05-08-2003, 03:51 AM
Great Job!!!!!!! I am glad you got ahold of those kitties before ............well, you never know. Can't wait to see and hear more.

IttyBittyKitty
05-08-2003, 03:58 AM
Frida Kahlo is my FAVOURITE artist! Please say you named your kitty after her!!!!! :) It is great to see that the three kitties found furrever homes, yippee!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-08-2003, 06:23 AM
Tigerlilly is a gorgeous name! Can't wait to see pics!

Ally sends Kitten kisses to PT's latest arrival!

HayleyRosie
05-08-2003, 06:57 AM
Congratulations on your new little kitten. I can't wait to see some pictures.

Miss Meow
05-08-2003, 05:40 PM
Congratulations on the arrival of Freida, Pablo and Vincent :D ;)