PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT ADOPT TO REBECCA OR TONY WILLIAMS (all rescues along the Eastern Seaboard)

Kater
05-07-2003, 02:47 PM
DO NOT ADOPT TO REBECCA OR TONY WILLIAMS!!!

These people are bad news and are trying to get dogs - claiming they want to rescue - especially pit bulls and are suspected of being dog fighters.

She's probably planning on using the little dogs as bait! Please cross post!!! Please check for your breed below and notify all rescues. They are going out of their area looking for dogs to adopt.

PLEASE CROSS-POST FAR & WIDE (especially along the Eastern Seaboard) TO ALL BREED AND X-BREED RESCUES!!!

>Apparently, Rebecca has been contacting northern rescue and contacted a Chicago rescue. Can you please forward to ALL rescue people you know? Thanks.
Jhondra of NRGRR, http://www.goldenrescuenc.org

>Just FYI - these DNA's have already contacted an all breed rescue here in Queens, NY. They didnt adopt to them.
They also e-mailed a friend who has my rescue dogs also listed on her webpage. The dog was a deaf husky/pit mix who was already in her new home when the e-mail came in.
Barbara of Husky House NYC, http://www.huskyhousenyc.petfinder.org

***Permission to Crosspost***

One list (Atlantic Rescue) I am on has had a new poster who claims to have just started a rescue in Rocky Mount, NC and is trying to get dogs from all over the Eastern Seaboard. Her name is Rebecca (her husband's name is Tony Williams) and her email address is [email protected]. She is continuously offering to take dogs (I think she offered to take 14 dogs since Monday), but I notice most are pit bulls, with some offers to take or adopt presa canarios, dobermans, and wolf hybrids. In addition, she had previously posted that her roommate was looking for a great dane or GD mix. She also posted that she was "desperate" for a Chihuahua and she really wanted a mini pin and a sharpei.

She claims her rescue is a pit bull rescue, but another pit rescuer called the local AC. AC's comments: "She's been barred from taking any dogs from the shelters in her area. He also said she has a long criminal history, has been selling Pit Bulls on street corners for 15 or 20 dollars and has been under investigation for dogfighting."

These are the breeds she has posted as "wanting" or expressed interest in taking into her rescue:

> pit bulls

> dobermans

> presa canarios

> tea cup chihuahua

> shar pei

> min pin

> great dane (PB or mix) for her roommate

Atlantic Rescue (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanticrescue/) has now banned her, after finding out this information.

captain
05-07-2003, 08:13 PM
Thanks for letting everyone know!

People like that need to be imprisoned FOREVER :mad: :mad: What is wrong with people!!!???

GoldenRetrLuver
05-07-2003, 08:18 PM
Grr......people make me soo mad!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: Words cannot express my hatred for those people!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Fuzzy317
05-07-2003, 10:04 PM
I will forward the info to a rescue friend of mine. Thanks for the heads up.

marysmerrycats
05-08-2003, 03:07 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: cat rescue groups need to know too because those kind of sick people will use them for bait also, and probably other kinds of animals... whats to stop her from getting a dog from a newspaper ad?:( :mad:

lovemyshiba
05-08-2003, 08:04 AM
What idiots:mad: :mad: :mad:

micki76
05-08-2003, 10:07 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dakota's Mommy
05-08-2003, 01:21 PM
I can't believe some people! Thanks for trying to help get the message out!