PDA

View Full Version : new disposable digital camers

marysmerrycats
05-07-2003, 12:49 PM
Kodak has come out with disposable digital camers! thats great news to me, because I have been wanting to buy one but I can't afford one so now I can occasionally buy one of thoise!

Cinder & Smoke
05-07-2003, 02:04 PM
:confused:

Not sure if I've seen a truly disposable Digital camera...

But Kodak did just announce a Disposable 35mm camera with a
Digital CD DISK being sent back with the prints...

See this press release:

Kodak Press Announcement (http://news.morningstar.com/news/BW/M05/D01/1051790462255.html)

Anothe copy of release, WITH photo of camera (http://www.dcviews.com/press/Kodak-PLUSDigital.htm)

Press release seems to say they are offering a Disposable 35mm Camera, (called the "PLUS Digital 35mm Disposable")
INCLUDING print processing, AND
INCLUDING a CD with the Digital Images...
all for about $10-$12 for 27 exposures, with *Flash*.

RE-reading the release, and noting the words on the box...
"Includes Kodak Pix CD when you BUY prints"
leads me to question if you really get 27 PRINTS *and* the CD for the low price of $10-$12. Almost sounds like you get just the Camera and Film for the First $12; THEN get to spend some more to get the film Developed, Printed, and put on the CD.

This will require some additional reasearch...

UppyDate...

Called Kodak (1-800-242-2424)...
The camera & film price of $10-$12 does NOT include the processing required to develop & print the photos taken; but you're *supposed* to get the CD for *free* IF Kodak does the processing.

Oooh-Kay... Stopped in the local WalMart...
They never heard (and don't stock) this new "PLUS Digital Disposable"; but said WalMart would handle it like they do ALL Kodak One-Time-Use cameras...
they send them off to FUJI Film :eek: for processing! Guess Wally doesn't use Kodak. :p

Cost to Develop & Print is $4.00;
Cost for the pix CD Disk is $4.00 "extra".
So the TOTAL would be $10-$12 for the camera & film,
plus $8 for the prints & CD;
TOTAL of about $20.00 for 27 shots.

Somebody will have to check with a retailer who sends these disposable cameras to KODAK to see if the *free* CD Disk is really *Free* if Kodak does the processing.