PDA

View Full Version : rolling is groose stuff...

tikeyas_mom
05-07-2003, 10:55 AM
Yesterday I took Tikeya for a walk and she rolled in a dead rabbit :eek: it was no nasty, is my dog the only one that does this or what? :mad:

lovemyshiba
05-07-2003, 11:08 AM
Eeeeww!!
I don't think she is the only one who does stuff like that. Mine don't, but only because they are on the leash always, although, the neighbor's cats killed a chipmunk, and Riley tried to play with it:eek:

tikeyas_mom
05-07-2003, 11:27 AM
well it was in a dog park and they were off the leash going up a path and ya, she started rolling, I KNEW it wasnt good, I thought it was going to be cat poo, but noooo.. it was a dead rabbit, It was discusting half eatin. :eek: .. I couldent believe her. I face washed her when I got home. YUK!

slick
05-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Last year I was dog-sitting my friends 110 lb Golden Retriever (Max) and was walking him up a trail by my condo. I look behind me and he was rolling around in the grass. Me, not knowing that much about dogs, continued to walk and called him but he did not follow me. So I went back to where he was and he was rolling around on a dead rat - a HUGE rat - that had obviously gone to the RB days before. I was so disgusted! But, from what I hear, most dogs do that.

tikeyas_mom
05-07-2003, 11:37 AM
WHY? it is so nasty. I think they try to get there sent on it. but still it is sooo groose.

kingrattus
05-07-2003, 12:20 PM
Max use to roll in cat poo, until I scolded him by rubbing his nose in cat poo & tapping his nose & fermly saing no, yucky poo poo. Saying yucky poo poo will make him stop in his tracks & spit out or flee what ever hes sniffing.

My dad will not bath Max, only cause Max wont get in the tub for him & he fears the water will be too warm or too cold, & doesn't want to hurt Max. Soooo dad put ketchup on him to hide the cat poo smell until I get hime... hehehh u think cat poo is gross, well add ketchup & its even grosser :p

But for dead things Max doesn't rool in it, he will point & sniff.. its quite funny, hes not even a pointer & he does a fairly good job of pointing.

tikeyas_mom
05-07-2003, 01:41 PM
lol that sounds funny. poor max has to live with poop and ketchup till you get home lol.. aww.. ;)

slleipnir
05-07-2003, 01:45 PM
A dog a use to walk for someone use to roll in dog poop :rolleyes: We'd have to take her to my friends house and wash her before taking her home lol

tatsxxx11
05-07-2003, 01:52 PM
Mine do that all time:rolleyes:, especially at the beach...dead seagulls, fish, and such. The smell is the worst imaginable and harder to wash off than skunk scent! I read that it's their way of marking the "prey" with their scent so that other interlopers will stay away!

robinh
05-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Mine roll on bird poop, dead worms and anything else they can find in the yard. It is so gross. I can catch them at it and say "STOP!!" - they just look at me and keep rolling.

Edwina's Secretary
05-07-2003, 03:05 PM
....why I have a cat......

tikeyas_mom
05-07-2003, 03:15 PM
it was so nasty when my cat used to sprey. it would smell soooo groose. so cats are just as bad. and + My cat is an outside cat so ya he doent have a litter box, THANK GOD!!

GoldenRetrLuver
05-07-2003, 03:20 PM
When i came home i found my golden, Daisy with a dead bird in her mouth...it was sooo nasty!

tikeyas_mom
05-07-2003, 03:36 PM
one time my Malamute Jagger killed a MuskRat. it was SOOOOO HUGE and it had a huge rat tail that was like a foot long. it was so UGLY! http://webpages.marshall.edu/~irby1/laura/muskrat.jpg they dont look as groose alive as they do dead.

CathyBogart
05-07-2003, 03:43 PM
*chuckles* Star has found some interesting things to roll in, but I think my kitty takes the cake. She brought her kill in yesterday and ate it under the pool table!! EEW!

4 Dog Mother
05-07-2003, 05:03 PM
Taggert will roll in anything that smells awful at the dog park. One evening last summer, he and Snoopy adn another little dog came out from some weeds and they had something yellow and very smelly on them. I hated to let them in the car to drive home and they went straight into the tub. I don't know why dogs do such gross things but I sure would like to know how to get them to stop!!!!