PDA

View Full Version : Won't Stop Peeing

JGuitaristR
05-07-2003, 09:02 AM
I have a yorkie, male, who I rescued last October. To my surprise, the other dogs didn't seem to mind him at all, he fit in great. Just recently, he started peeing on everything in the house... and I mean EVERYTHING. I had to lock him in my room for a short time so I could take the rats out of their cage. I came back to my room, the smell of dog pee ever so strong... I tried to find it... and boy did I! It was on my PILLOW on my BED. He also likes to pee on the legs of the dining room table. Or, on the shower curtain in the bathroom, or just in the middle of the floor. We've had absolutely NO problems with this before, just recently. I've told him, "that's no!" a million times, but it's useless. I'm pretty positive that he doesn't have a bladder problem and does all of this nasty peeing by choice. Does anyone have any suggestions?! I would be SO GRATEFUL!!! Thank you.

GoldenRetrLuver
05-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Have you taken him to the vet? To me, it sounds like he could have a bladder problem, also did you move recently? Sometimes dogs like to mark their territory,when you move to someplace new!

micki76
05-07-2003, 09:12 AM
Has he been neutered?

JGuitaristR
05-07-2003, 09:18 AM
We haven't moved since we've gotten him. He came from Kentucky. We have brought new animals in here lately, maybe he's marking his territory? No, he hasn't been neutered. We plan to do that verrryyyyyy soon. He was used for breeding. :( I probably will take him to the vet if neutering doesn't work --- or should I take him to the vet first?

micki76
05-07-2003, 09:32 AM
I think I would take him to the vet, if nothing has changed at all in your home and he just started doing this. Were any of the other dogs puppies when he came to live with you, and are now maturing? Any new people in the house? Or any new furniture? Males who are not neutered can be VERY territorial. One of my dogs was so territorial that he peed on someone's foot!
But, if nothing has changed, it could be a bladder infection or a urinary tract infection. Could even possibly be a prostate problem. :rolleyes:

JGuitaristR
05-07-2003, 09:45 AM
All of the dogs I've got now are all adults. Rottweiler - 9 years old, Molli - 5 and Zoe - 2.5. He's about 2 years old. Nope... no new furniture, no new people, just new animals. No new dogs though. Ahh! I never even considered any of those problems. I will definitely be taking him to the vet. Thank you very much for all of your help.

micki76
05-07-2003, 09:59 AM
Could be the new animals, depending on what they are and how he feels about them. Chester even peed on the gerbil cage when he couldn't get into it.

JGuitaristR
05-07-2003, 10:05 AM
lol. Ew. :) They are 3 rats and 1 hamster. He already peed on the rat cage, before the rats were even put in there! Neutering does help take care of him being territorial, doesn't it?

Cataholic
05-07-2003, 10:37 AM
Vet, vet, vet....to first rule out a medical condition. Nuetering, nuetering, nuetering, cause the world doesn't need more pets. Nuetering CAN help with the territorial...but, two things. First, it doesn't always, and second, it takes some time even after the Sir Jury...

I think after the trip to the vets, I would return to puppy potty training....crate, confinement, positive rewards for "potty", frequent trips outside, etc. Something is upsetting the doggie. You have to figure it out, as he can't tell you. Maybe closing off ALL rooms that you can might help, too. I bet if it isn't a medical problem, there is something new around the house/life, that you are overlooking....

slleipnir
05-07-2003, 01:46 PM
I say yes to the vet too lol. Does he drink a lot also? Those are a couple signs of diabetes..probably not it but you never know :x Maybe a bladder problem or something