PDA

View Full Version : Boo loves cheese!

Soledad
05-07-2003, 01:36 AM
Sam and I cannot enjoy a nice piece of cheese without Boo crying as though he's being tortured. This cat smell the cheese the second it's unwrapped and begs, jumps and meows until he gets a crumb or two. He especially goes nuts for gourmet or blue cheeses. Is this normal??:eek:

marysmerrycats
05-07-2003, 02:03 AM
who ever knows what is normal for a cat, LOL. I know my cats do that with different foods, each cat has different tastes. I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't think a small amount now and then would hurt him... and speaking of Boo, I sure would like to see more pics of the little cutie!

Nomilynn
05-07-2003, 02:56 AM
Nutmeg will sit and beg for it like a dog, licking her lips the whole time :) She doens't cry, but her eyes express volumes!!! :eek: :D

Uabassoon
05-07-2003, 03:27 AM
My cats go nuts when I eat string cheese. They will jump on me and beg until I give them a strand.

Soledad
05-07-2003, 03:46 AM
Well, it's good to know Boo isn't the only cheese loving cat. His poops don't seem to be effected by it, so I don't mind giving it to him once in a while, but I thought it was very strange for a cat to want cheese.

And, Mary, soon I'll be back in the States with access to a digital camera and you all will be BEGGING me to stop posting so many photos.;)

HayleyRosie
05-07-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Soledad

And, Mary, soon I'll be back in the States with access to a digital camera and you all will be BEGGING me to stop posting so many photos.;)

Mary, You would not beg him to stop posting would you? We could never have too many pictures!

Logan
05-07-2003, 08:13 AM
Butter is the same way, Soledad! He loves all dairy products and it is almost like he has a sixth sense when I am taking out the eggs, cheese or milk! He wants some every single time!! :)

Randi
05-07-2003, 08:41 AM
The other day, we had spagetti. When John sat down and put some grated Parmesan cheese on his plate, Fister jumped up on the table and immediately started licking it off John's spagetti. :rolleyes:

We knew Fister likes cheese, but actually stealing it off the plate!! :eek:

Cataholic
05-07-2003, 08:55 AM
I keep my cheese in the hydrator section of the fridge, and try to sneak into it, to avoid Tex, the Cheese-a-vor, NO WAY! He somehow hears the cheese drawer, and from the deepest sleep, comes around the corner, still walking sleepy...to feast on cheese.

His other two must haves? Barbeque chips (I kid you not) and Pizza!

catmandu
05-07-2003, 09:43 AM
Michael , moose , and Princess all love , love, love the 4 year old cheddar from the local Farmers Market! Love Love Love that CHEESE!

marysmerrycats
05-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Mary, You would not beg him to stop posting would you? We could never have too many pictures!

NEVER! the more pic the better!

Randi
your story reminded me of when Patches was a kitten, and he jumped right INTO my plate of spaghetti! I had to go bathe him!

moosmom
05-07-2003, 12:30 PM
Soledad,

Define normal. :D Some of my cats LOVE cheese. Doogie also loves apples, PEELED grapes (yes, I peel grapes for him, so what??? :D), yogurt and peta bread.

A little cheese is good for them. So is plain yogurt. Doogie and Moo are my junkfood kitties. The others could care less about people food.

slick
05-07-2003, 12:34 PM
Speckles love cheese as well. Max, on the other hand, has quite exquisite taste. The cheese must be cheddar and it must be melted/warmed. Cold cheese just will not do for him.

catland
05-07-2003, 01:47 PM
My RB girl, Lucy, didn't like any kind of people food except for spaghetti with spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese. Whenever I had spaghetti, she would sit pretty and patiently wait for me to finish and then I would put the plate down on the floor for her.

She never did this with any other food.

Uabassoon
05-07-2003, 02:35 PM
Corkscrew also LOVES cottage cheese. He somehow always knows when I'm eating it too. If I'm eating cottage cheese he sits next to me and waits until I'm done so he can lick the bowl.

Barbara
05-07-2003, 03:32 PM
Filou loves
full fat fruit yoghurt
cream cheese
avocados
mangos
olive oil
milk chocolate
cooked corn
cooked potatos

Tigris loves
tomato juice
carrot juice

Is that normal?
I hope not:D ;)

I will check on asparagus and strawberries next. Positively: they don't want French champaign. What a relieve!

Edwina's Secretary
05-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Positively: they don't want French champaign

Strictly the domestic stuff, right????? :rolleyes: ;) ;)

BastetsMum
05-07-2003, 04:03 PM
Bastet:

Peas
cheese - only edam though
spaghetti sauce
yoghurt
mayonaise
tartare sauce

Prairie Purrs
05-07-2003, 04:35 PM
Keke loved cheese, yogurt, and most especially cantelope. I used to call the stuff cattelope. :D

Denyce
05-07-2003, 07:14 PM
Kaliban loves lettuce. And Katie goes nuts over the silk and husk of fresh ears of corn. Oh and Kaliban loves raw pasta. But Deirdre will eat almost anything including lima beans and fresh tomatos. She is not quite as crazy about dairy products but she does love a good Velveeta cheese slice. We affectionately call her goat guts. But it is Brianna who is the cheese nut...although many times she makes more noise about wanting it than actually eating it. She will hollar and dance around my feet...I give her some..she licks at it and walks away and I am left with soggy cheese stuck to the floor :rolleyes:

Denyce

krazyaboutkatz
05-07-2003, 11:15 PM
I try not to feed my cats any people food but some of their favorites are cream cheese, butter, doritos, buttered popcorn, rice pudding. Last night I decided to have some chicken noodle soup and as soon as I opened the can Sunny went crazy. I gave him a taste of the chicken broth and he loved it. Since he was meowing so loudly Cirrus and Storm had to come and check everything out too. :D

Soledad
05-07-2003, 11:24 PM
I tried to not let Boo eat people food, but he wouldn't let me.

He loves meat and fish, which I thought was pretty normal. But his pleas for cheese struck me as odd.

Oh, he also likes icecream and cheesecake.:rolleyes:

Miss Meow
05-08-2003, 05:23 PM
Mini and Jasmine don't care for cheese, but Pickles and Tabasco love it, especially a slice of a nice cheddar from a block :) We didn't know this until one time I had some grated cheese on the kitchen bench, turned around to finish cooking, turned back to grab the cheese and the top of the cheese mountain had disappeared with a very happy looking Pickle sitting next to it :rolleyes:

They all love dairy products like sour cream, plain or flavoured yoghurt (especially strawberry or apricot) and cream - they would give up 8 of their 9 lives for a saucer of cream!