PDA

View Full Version : IAMS cat food....do you want to feed it?

jenluckenbach
05-06-2003, 06:34 PM
Check out this report by PETA about Iams cat food which is now a subsidiary of Proctor & Gamble (a company notorious for animal testing)
http://www.uncaged.co.uk/news/2003/iams.htm

Cougie Wechsler
05-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Oh my goodness. And I feed my cats Iams!:( How easy is it to change food for adults?

Uabassoon
05-07-2003, 12:26 AM
It's not too hard. Just don't change them in one day. First mix in about 75% of the old food and 25% of the new food, then everyday add in more of the new food.

Randi
05-07-2003, 05:00 AM
Try Hills dry food, there are quite a few variations. Most cats like it. Fister has tried 3-4 different ones and he likes them all. :)

But as Uabassoon says; mix it in a little at a time.

HayleyRosie
05-07-2003, 06:22 AM
I am very surprised by this. I am also very happy that my cats don't get Iams.

Logan
05-07-2003, 08:12 AM
I can't find it right now, but they have done a thorough investigation of these facilities and have discontinued the use of third party testing labs. I know it should have never happened, but I was happy to see that they addressed the problem immediately.

I'm not opposed to feeding Iams, but Butter and Mimi are opposed to eating it, so I don't buy it. :p My dogs did very well on their reduced calorie food when we were in a big dieting mode. The only problem I saw with the Iams food is that it has corn meal as a main ingredient, and it made my girls itch a little too much, so we switched to California Natural Reduced Calorie food instead.

emily_the_spoiled
05-07-2003, 11:51 AM
Regardless of my feelings about IAMS, both Emily and Tanner have strong feelings against it. They absolutely refuse to eat it, so I use Nature's Optimum brand.

kimlovescats
05-07-2003, 03:45 PM
I didn't know this!!!! Here I've been thinking I was doing so "good" by feeding all my cats the costly "Iams" foods!!!
:mad: :mad: :mad:
I swear ..... can't win for losing!!!!:(