PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

allanimalswelcome
05-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Okay my next door neighbor has a cat. He's a orangy kinda color and very sweet. But he isn't treated all that well. He has HUGE clumps of tangled hair and today he was outside in the rain mewing to come in but she ignored him. I don't know what I should do. I haven't owned a cat in a long time.

~Rachel

Fuzzy317
05-06-2003, 06:40 PM
Talk nicely to your neighbor about her cat, and seeing it standing out in the rain. She may not realize the cat may be suffering. Hopefullly she will providing some outside shelter for her cat, maybe a dog house to get out the rain.

If she doesn't provide shelter or care for her cat more, let us know and we will consider other options. Keep us informed how it goes. Its great the cat has atleast one person, ie. you, looking out for it.

K & L
05-06-2003, 07:47 PM
Are you positive this cat is owned by this neighbor, or maybe just being fed out of kindness?? I would talk with her and see if she really wants the cat. If she says she does and is still not providing a good home maybe you could take it in and if you don't want to keep it, at least find a home. This may not seem like the right action, but in my opinion if the cat is neglected and uncared for they don't deserve to own it.

batgirl1980
05-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Welll.....
Talk to your neighbor.. let her know what's going on, as nicely as possible...
If she doesn't seem to care, or anything of the sort.. then my advice is to take him in yourself.
Frankly, it is my opinion if a person can not properly care for their cat because they just do not give a darn, then they do not deserve to have the cat! (so i totally agree with K&L).

If I had a neighbor that was treating their cat this way, I have to say not even my husband would disagree about taking it in and keeping it! After all, if they treat the cat bad and leave it out in horrid weather, they really won't notice or rather CARE the cat is gone. I'd do the same thing if it was a dog! If they are being neglected, and you can do something, do it.

But again, try talking to her, find out if it's her cat, and if she knows that it's being treated this way (if it's hers I don't see how she doesn't)..and if it doesn't improve, then bring kitty into your home, bath him, comb him, and LOVE HIM! :D