PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm new here!

bookworm
05-06-2003, 03:15 PM
I can't remember when I found the Pet of the Day website, but I loved it the moment I did. My pets mean the world to me and I'm glad I found a place where I can talk to people who think the same way I do.

I have quite a few critters, but I say the more the better! To start off, my first pets were my two female lop-eared rabbits, Erin and Pipkin. Erin is on the shy side and is nervous around anyone but me. Her sister, on the other hand, is very out-going and loves to jump on the couch and sit with me.

Next, I have my two part Maine Coon cats, Shadow and Octavian (or Gus for short). My family and I adopted them through our local vet's office; their previous owners' home had burned down and their new appartment didn't allow cats. So, they came to live with us. Shadow, female, is the black/brown/white mix color (not calico though) and loves to roll on her back and meow to get attention. According to her, we should all stop what we are doing an pet her, lol. Gus, male, is a golden color and loves to chase Shadow around the house and pounce on her spontaniously. He is also a very big cuddle-bug!

For Christmas last year, my grandmother -with my parent's permission- got me a Betta that I named Neptune. He is all red except for a saddle-like patch which is blue. I also recently took in a goldfish, Summers. I saved the poor little guy from my school's anatomy lab. The teacher was going to leave him at school over vacation with no food or airation.

When I started working for a cockatiel breeder that I met through a relative, I was given one of the baby tiels that really chose me. Dakota was POTD on March 7. (http://petoftheday.com/archive/2003/March/07.html). She currently lives with the breeder because I'm going to be going to college in a few years, but I can take her home when I'm settled. I'm very happy for her right now becaue she has a boyfriend, another wf pearl/pied named Silverhawk.

I also count my aunt's Rottweiler's, Max and Indiana, because I see them on a daily basis and they consider me "theirs" too. Max loves to hog attention and play with the flashlight. You can get him to do anything just by shining that light there. His younger brother, Indiana, is smaller but twice as strong. His favorite toy is his shovel, that he chases and barks at in the back yard.

Well, that was long. See how much I love talking about pets! They are the greatest! I hope I get to make friends with you guys here!

:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-06-2003, 03:16 PM
Welcome! I love your birdie! Have a great time here, we know you'll love it!

RockyRoad
05-06-2003, 03:50 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I'm Britt and I have a German Shepherd Dog named Lady, Tabby Cat named Sally, a Lop Rabbit named Floppsy, two Dwarf Hamsters, Perrie & Speedy, 5 bettas, Mooka, Bubbles, Popcorn, Ocean, & Aqua, and lots of fish!:)

Hope you like it here, and Dakota is gorgeus!

tikeyas_mom
05-06-2003, 03:53 PM
your bird is so cute I love its colors. welcome.

I have alot of pets lol..

a bunch of fish, a cat, 2 dogs, 3 hamsters, 2 gerbils, 1 cockatiel, and 2 budgies.

popcornbird
05-06-2003, 04:02 PM
Welcome! Your bird looks like a sweetie! So cute! :D

I also have 2 cockatiels, both of whom you can see in my signature. :)

PayItForward
05-06-2003, 04:06 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk.

I have three kitties (see signature) George, Milly & Milo.

PS. We would like to see photos of all your pets.

ChrisH
05-06-2003, 04:13 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!:)

Cataholic
05-06-2003, 04:26 PM
Hi Bookworm,
Welcome to PT! You have lots of pets! So, we want lots of pictures. We must have similar taste in names...I have a Dakota kitty, and Mom (Lillycat) has a Indiana kitty, that we call Indra.

You can see my collection below....

Welcome again.
Cataholic

Tina
05-06-2003, 04:52 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk!!:D

Miss Meow
05-06-2003, 05:09 PM
Welcome! I look forward to seeing pics and hearing more about your pet family!

I am the housekeeper to four cats :)

bluekat
05-06-2003, 07:38 PM
WELCOME!!!! I also have a cat, a blue point himmy, named Blueberry!

AmylovesMisty
05-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Welcome! Im Amy and my one a only furkid is my honey misty! Shes a mix of a boxer and a beagle and she is shown in my sig below!!

I know youll have a great time at Pet Talk!

slick
05-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! So nice to see alot of newcomers these days. You'll find a lot of caring and support here. Sounds like you've got a busy household. Mine is quite boring, just 2 cats, but they are my life and my loves. Would love to see more pictures.

BTW did you name your rabbit Pipkin after the Watership Down critter?? My favourite book and movie.

anna_66
05-07-2003, 07:20 AM
Sounds like you have alot of critters:) I'll be waiting patiently of some pics of them (expecially the rotties-since I have one myself;) )!
Those are my 3 in my sig (Roxey, Angus & Huney).

Karen
05-07-2003, 07:22 AM
Welcome, you seem like you'll fit right in! :)

bookworm
05-07-2003, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by slick
Welcome to Pet Talk! So nice to see alot of newcomers these days. You'll find a lot of caring and support here. Sounds like you've got a busy household. Mine is quite boring, just 2 cats, but they are my life and my loves. Would love to see more pictures.

BTW did you name your rabbit Pipkin after the Watership Down critter?? My favourite book and movie.

Yup, Pipkin is named after the bunny in 'Watership Down'. Your the first person to make that connection!

bookworm
05-07-2003, 08:42 AM
It seems like a really friendly place! I going to get one of those new disposable digital cameras to get good pix of all my critters for you!:D

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-07-2003, 02:45 PM
Hi, and welcome to Pet Talk.

I'm sure you will love it here, and we LOVE to see photos!!

Welcome kitten kisses from my one and only - Ally - she is a Bahraini Dilumn Cat

05-07-2003, 03:03 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage36/20.gifhttp://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage36/20.gifhttp://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage36/20.gifhttp://pages.prodigy.net/indianahawkeye/newpage36/20.gif

HoRsELUvR
05-07-2003, 03:19 PM
Hi.Welcome.You seem to have alot of pets,which is really cool.