PDA

View Full Version : Piper's gotta go to the Dentist

zippy-kat
05-06-2003, 01:42 PM
( :eek: And he is NOT co-operative when it comes to looking in his mouth! :eek: )

I feel certain that his teeth are too long -- if I can barely look in his mouth, I can't imagine how they're going to clip/file them! ... I'm a bit worried they may hafta "knock him out" in order to work on him. :( I certainly hope not....

**Cross your fingers it goes well....**

(what kinda post would it be if I didn't have pics of my goofy boy?! lol)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p091a43e4cec4fbcd4842b9ac656001ac/fc333f31.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p34c5e41dd5268053eeee8e9cca7235d3/fc384238.jpg
"I said QUIT itchin' ... !!!" TAILS!! :rolleyes: They're so darn aggrevating!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p05e02e61c5921625a64c7379902b73a6/fc38423a.jpg
not sure what he was doing here... diggin' for boogers maybe? ewwww... :D

I'm esp. fond of this next one...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/pce9e95af07a5bbceebea21b4112679c5/fc3840a0.jpg
Praying beside Sophie's Grave

lbaker
05-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Now Tonya you stop that this instant, making me laugh & cry at the same time ;) This shows how much I'm going to have to learn about bunnies before I dare adopt one... I figured they kept their teeth pretty well maintained on their own by eating stuff like carrots and gnawing on hard things, leather shoes perhaps :rolleyes: Don't worry, piper will probably handle things better than you then just keep up "hurt" appearances to earn more yogurt raisens.
Laurie

Aspen and Misty
05-06-2003, 02:40 PM
Good luck! And wow He is huge! THtas one of the biggest bunnies I have ever seen! :eek: Dear Piper what is your momma feeding you!!! :eek: Yo ustill are adorable! And I love your markings!!

Ash

Cinder & Smoke
05-06-2003, 03:06 PM
Hello, God??

Hi, God ~

Gotz a nudder problem down here...

Our lil (well, OK, *BIG) Bunnie Pal, Mr Piper, mite have a Toofie problem.
Miz Zipp iz gonna take him ober to da Toofie White Coat fur a mouff-check.

Zipp's gonna be a nerbus rek, so kuld You hold da Bunnie
an keep hiz mouff opin? We'd all preciate it if this kuld be
sumpin purdy simpul - like jest a lil file job -
an not :eek: major Sir Jury :(.

You knowe how speschal dis Bunnie iz to our Zippy (an allua us) ~
so sum extree Help frum You wuld be relee Nice :)!

Mebbee check inna Big Book ~ is der a Chaptur on Bunnie Teef? Must be wun on Dawggie Teef - kuz You been a Big Help wiff Mr Binx an hiz Toofie Problems... Kuld You tell da Bunnie Doc whut page ta look at?

An God ~ wuld ya wrap Your GodsPawz round Momma Zipp's shoulderz -
an tell here You'll help out?

Thanks a Bunch, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

zippy-kat
05-06-2003, 04:35 PM
:eek: No. No surgeries required (that I know of)! I just think they might have to sedate him to get 'em clipped Sorry for the scare! Thanks Cinder 'n Smoke-man for the prayer!

Unfortunately, they can't get him in until next Monday... and that's only if I can get Mom to take him.

Laurie ;) Adopt a bunny?! You'd be a gooooodddd bunnie mom! And generally, they do gnaw on things & keep 'em down but he hasn't taken an interest in his chew toys for quite awhile. (now the carpet is a another story :rolleyes: )

Ash - :D I feed him miracle grow! lol jk I dunno... he's just HUGE! I have a pic that shows off the "T" on his back... (that's how I knew I had to have him... he had my name all over him! lol)... but the pic is on my home computer. I'll post it later tonight. :cool:

CathyBogart
05-06-2003, 04:36 PM
I had a bunny nemed Hyzenthlay whose teeth grew straight out to the sides! She had to have her pellets moistened before they were fed to her (obviously they had to be changed frequently) and she had her teeth trimmed about once every six weeks. Piper will be all right, and his teeth will soon be a nice healthy length again!

Edit: Hyzie is a good example of why people who don't know the history of their animals shouldn't breed them. She was the result of a pet-store cross.

Daisylover
05-06-2003, 05:07 PM
Oh Zippy, it's really going to be ok. We have bunnies who teeth need to be clipped all the time... Small wire clippers work very well and your vet will most likely show you how so you can do it yourself. Their teeth have no nerves and it will not hurt him, other than Piper will probably not be happy about being flipped over on his back. Wrap him up like a bunny taco and it will only take a minute..... However, be sure that the vet checks the back molars.... two of my seven buns have just experienced molar spurs and those can do damage if not trimmed off in time.

Ol' Piper boy will be right as rain in no time at all. :cool:

RockyRoad
05-06-2003, 05:15 PM
Aww Piper, you are one handesome (and BIG!) bunny! Here's hoping you're teeth will be fine! :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-06-2003, 05:44 PM
Well be prayin for you sweet little bun....

Hope things go well at the dentist!!!
:D

Aspen and Misty
05-06-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat

Ash - :D I feed him miracle grow! lol jk I dunno... he's just HUGE! I have a pic that shows off the "T" on his back... (that's how I knew I had to have him... he had my name all over him! lol)... but the pic is on my home computer. I'll post it later tonight. :cool:

Maybe I will have to add some of that in to J's food. My very small bunny only ways 5 pounds :eek: imagine him next to Piper! :D My next bunny hopefulyl will be a big bunny, I already have my baby bunny, now I need a big old bunny :D with uppie ears.

Ash :D

ps: I can't wait to see the pic!

slick
05-06-2003, 08:02 PM
Dentist visits are no fun for humans let alone bunnies! Praying things go well. Don't worry Piper, it will be good for you.

Rottieluver45
05-06-2003, 08:04 PM
Good luck Piper!! I hope all goes well!

Great pics!

wolf_Q
05-06-2003, 10:22 PM
Great pics of the *always handsome* PIPER!! :D

Hope it all goes well at the vet....start CHEWING Piper, don't let your teeth grow so long!

shais_mom
05-06-2003, 11:27 PM
Piper will be in my thoughts and prayers! The big handsome boy!
No worries mom!

zippy-kat
05-07-2003, 01:06 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/pa561e150f5318797dd4d5c0cf783ece8/fc325eb8.jpg
Ok, Ash... I was wrong. This one doesn't show the "T" well at all. I can't find the pic I'm thinking of...

Piper's as indecisive about his colorings as he is his ear positions! lol
His ears are black, the spots on his head are black, the first few spots on his back are black... the rest are chocolate-y brown! lol I don't know if they've "faded" during our backyard excursions or if I have a "calico" bunny. lol

Doesn't matter. He's wonderful no matter the color! (not that I'm biased or anything! :rolleyes: :D )

Heather Wallace
05-08-2003, 06:29 PM
He certainly is cute and the praying photo is ace!

zanzanfergie
05-09-2003, 06:22 AM
AGH!! Piper is SO GORGEOUS!!! :D :D
I just love his markings!!! And what an expressive little fellow his is (heehee, love the tail one. What an expression! ;))
Good luck at the dentists. The boys and I will be thinking of you on Monday.
LOL, Zander and Fergus are only 3 1/2 pounds. My itty bitty boys :D

Ann
05-09-2003, 08:04 AM
Best of luck to Piper! I feel with him, going to the dentist is bad enough as it is; imagine it if they were to cut out teeth like poor Piper's :eek:

And those pics are adorable... I too loved the last one, brought tears to my eyes.

zippy-kat
05-12-2003, 01:05 PM
4.30pm.... and I'm very nervous!

Mom hasta take him cos I don't know if I'll be able to get off from work that early.

They might need to give *me* the sedative!!!:rolleyes:

LOL

Kater
05-12-2003, 01:11 PM
Good wishes for Piper's teeth trimming!!! I hope that the "bunny taco" method works and they don't have to *knock him out.* Either way, I'll be sending good vibes down south at 4:30pm your time. :D

Cinder & Smoke
05-12-2003, 01:28 PM
4.30pm.... and I'm very nervous!

They might need to give *me* the Sedative!!! :rolleyes:

Too bad, Piper ~ they *remembered*! :eek:

Hope ya jest get a Quik Trim wiffout a lott phuss.

An dont furget ta bring home a lil paket of *sedativez* fur Mom! :p

We'll be Krossin Pawz bout 6:30 our tyme.
Give us an uppydate soon as ya getz Home!

lbaker
05-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Does Piper hold grudges the way a certain other bunny did? If so then maybe it's a good thing that your mom is taking him. Please don't let yourself get in a tizzy..... you know it "ain't nothin but a thang" and a bunny mom just has to do what a mom's gotta do. *sigh*
Laurie

zippy-kat
05-12-2003, 06:29 PM
I am sitting at my desk. Piper's set-up is straight behind me.

I keep feeling these small pricks in my back. I just glanced in the mirror...... :confused: daggers?!
Oh if looks could kill.... :eek:

:p

(that being said, he's not as tempermental as Miz Sassy-pants Soph. Good for me but I must admit, I sure do miss that saucy girl o' mine!)

He is one UNHAPPY camper! (but his teeth look MUCH nicer!!)

Thank you guys for thinking of us!! I'm still a little green from the nerves but we're both A-OK! :D

Kater
05-12-2003, 06:49 PM
*Pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew*
At least thats over!
Now stop being a grump Piper, Mommy loves you! :)

Cinder & Smoke
05-12-2003, 09:43 PM
...He is one UNHAPPY camper!
(but his teeth look MUCH nicer!!)

... I'm still a little green from the nerves but we're both A-OK! :D

Wheeeew! :)

The Toof Fairey did Gud, huh?!!

How bout dat lil *bump* you thunk he had?

So GLAD ya boff survived da Dentist!! :D

anna_66
05-12-2003, 09:49 PM
And I'm glad to hear that all went well for you and Piper!

zippy-kat
05-12-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
How bout dat lil *bump* you thunk he had?

The bump. (they really need a "stressed" smiley!)

Well, they think it's nothing to worry about. And normally the "THINK" part would have me worried but it seems to be shrinking soo....

I'm going to watch it for a coupla days. If it's not any better, I'll call the bunny vet in Lubbock for an appointment. (I wonder if I could entice the bunny vet to move closer...)

lbaker
05-13-2003, 06:42 AM
bribes always work for me :p I bet some yogurt raisens and a wee bit of parsley would work to get Mr Grumpie over himself .... then we want some pictures of a smiley bunny with his gleaming toofees :D Has he seen how handsome he is in a mirror?
Laurie

Daisylover
05-13-2003, 12:09 PM
****pictures***** we need pictures.... with his new and improved smile smack in the middle of 'em!!! :D

zippy-kat
05-13-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Daisylover
****pictures***** we need pictures.... with his new and improved smile smack in the middle of 'em!!! :D

:D gee, I have no idea who you are referring to Miz Daisylover! lol

Ok, maybe tonight.

Provided:
1) the camera batteries charge up.
2) I can get rid of this headache.

Hey, I just reached 4000 -- maybe a picture-posting celebration is in order! lol

anna_66
05-13-2003, 02:57 PM
Hey, I just reached 4000 -- maybe a picture-posting celebration is in order! lol
Yes, yes, oh yes!!!! That would be perfect:D

lizbud
05-13-2003, 08:42 PM
Hey Piper,

Glad to hear that all went well at the dentist's office.What
the heck did they do to your teefers, file them, clip them?
Anyhoo, glad that's over with, now show us your pearly whites
sweetie.:D :D

zippy-kat
05-13-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
then we want some pictures of a smiley bunny with his gleaming toofees :D Laurie

Originally posted by DaisyLover
****pictures***** we need pictures.... with his new and improved smile smack in the middle of 'em!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/pa716e2b275fc0a5e0c8bcf42839401b5/fc270dcd.jpg
:D *SMILE* :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/pb33b1d5036df52f3f8193056ec3e561f/fc27094b.jpg
"LOOK MOM!! I can chew again!!"

Liz~
Yes they clipped his teeth... he wouldn't stand for the file, according to mom! (Can't say I blame him...)

lbaker
05-14-2003, 06:34 AM
OH SO HANDSOME :D He seems to have "forgiven" you... did you have to bribe him after all or just he just need some recovery time? Now that is one handsome bunny:cool:
Laurie

anna_66
05-14-2003, 06:37 AM
Look at those beautiful toofers:D Your such a beautiful bunny Piper, no wonder your mommy loves you so much!

*LabLoverKEB*
05-14-2003, 10:34 PM
Awwwwwww! Piper! I just love you! You are soooooooo adorable! What a cute bunny boy you are! Glad the appointment went well!