PDA

View Full Version : Before You

K & L
05-06-2003, 11:10 AM
Where'd you get your cat?

HayleyRosie
05-06-2003, 11:26 AM
I got Hayley from a pet store. It's a small pet store owned and operated by one family. Not the usual large pet store chain. This family have since become friends. So I could now say I got my cats from friends.

marysmerrycats
05-06-2003, 11:42 AM
Muffin.....from my nephew, he got her from animal control

Cookie.... petsmart, but they have shleter groups there in the store, so she really cam from a shelter.

Emma and Louise.....animal rescue foundation

Charlie and Patches..... a no kill shelter

Callie and Cassie... the humane society

Jack and Oscar... an ad in the paper, free.

wolflady
05-06-2003, 11:46 AM
I got Marius from the street, and Aaron's cat Scooter came from a lady who was giving kittens away, so...from an ad in the newspaper.
I may possibly have a new addition soon, the little orange kitty in my backyard, so he is a street cat too

Randi
05-06-2003, 11:56 AM
We got Fister from our backyard! :D It took some time to entice him up here, but now he hardly wants to go down anymore. :)

Pam
05-06-2003, 01:15 PM
Trevor was intended for my son's friend's grandmother whose cat had just died. She didn't want another cat and the pet store had closed by the time they found that out, so my son brought him home to me where I promptly fell in love. :)

Andy was in the arms of a lady at a yard sale my mom was attending. She wanted to know if anyone would like him. My mom spoke up "my daughter would!" She came home from the yard sale and called me and my daughter insisted we go and just look at him (50 miles away). Of course Andy was in the car on the return trip. :D

moosmom
05-06-2003, 01:34 PM
Since all my cats are rescues, some from breeders, I chose "other".

Mollie Rose, my oldest cat (a tortie) came from the Bill Wilson House in East Dorset, Vermont.

Shortie, MooShoo and Carly the Curly Girl were rescued from bad breeders.

Maya Linn was rescued from the San Juan Airport in Puerto Rico as part of the Save a Sato Program.

Doogie came from the Dearborn Animal Shelter.

Eli came from the streets of Lansing, Michigan.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-06-2003, 01:44 PM
Both came from friends who couldn't keep them anymore. Tubby was from a friend who was moving to a "No Pets" apartment, and Peanut was from a friend who was killed by a drunk driver.

PayItForward
05-06-2003, 02:17 PM
All three of mine came from local no kill shelters.

George & Milly came from the RSPCA and young Milo came from the Cat protection Shelter.

jenluckenbach
05-06-2003, 02:52 PM
I voted shelter. because 10 came form shelters. 2 came off the street and 1 came from a litter heading to the shelter.

05-06-2003, 02:53 PM
Maya is from a shelter, Inka was found in a cornfield

JGuitaristR
05-06-2003, 03:01 PM
I got Sweetness, an American Shorthair from a woman in New Jersey who uses the cats for cat shows, then euthanizes the perfectly healthy feline. I got Molly (Who's a boy ** too furry**) from my brother's teacher who had to get rid of her cat's kittens. I got Hannah from a shelter where they kill. My mom told me to go in there and pick the 'ugliest' cat, which I thought I did, but I guess she was the cutest. She also climbed the fence when I was walking by which greatly influenced my decision. Then, there's L.i.B.B.K...(Stands for Little Iddy Biddy Baby Kitty) who was found around my house, refusing to leave once I fed her... which is what I was hoping so my mom had no choice but to let me keep her.
And Simon, my mom's friend got at an animal shelter where they kill. They refused to adopt him out because he was too 'mean.' My mom's friend said unless they wanted news reporters in there, they best let him have the cat.

http://snowguitarist.tripod.com/guitarism/id9.html

You can find most of my animal's pictures at the link above.

tikeyas_mom
05-06-2003, 03:27 PM
I got Fuzzy from this man who had a bunch of cats he was giving away. It was my brothers 10th birthday and he wanted a cat. so yup we got him Fuzzy. they said he was fixed but he bred with our next door naibours cat and made 10 lil Fuzzys lol. we got him neutered though.

boscibo
05-06-2003, 04:02 PM
Bo was a Christmas present from my sister, he did originally come from a pet store.

Abby was rescued (in heat and outdoors!) from a guy I knew, luckily I got her before she got pregnant.

Hanna I found when I was riding my bike. I still can't get over how lucky we both were - she was really sick and my vet told me she probably wouldn't have lasted much longer outdoors without vet attention, and I am lucky because she is the freindliest, best behaved (most of the time), perfect pet cat anyone could want. And someone else just let her go. I am so glad I found her.

ChrisH
05-06-2003, 04:10 PM
I have one cat, Ebby, and I got her from the Cats Protection Shelter in my town. :)

zippy-kat
05-06-2003, 04:23 PM
K'Cee was a pound purry!

Teaps
05-06-2003, 06:00 PM
I got Meurr from not only Other...but like a very wierd other

Uabassoon
05-06-2003, 06:04 PM
Corkscrew I got from a friend who was going to get rid of him and I got Tibby from F.A.C.T. cat shelter in Tucson.

Fuzzy317
05-06-2003, 06:06 PM
I picked other, wish you had a "Rescue" choice. We adopted all our cats from rescue groups.

K & L
05-06-2003, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Fuzzy317
I picked other, wish you had a "Rescue" choice. We adopted all our cats from rescue groups.

That would've been a good one, sorry! I just figured shelter/rescue group could be the same!

bluekat
05-06-2003, 07:50 PM
I got Blueberry from a breeder, and my grandmother got all the other ones are from a breeder too. I'd like to adopt one from a shelter though. Maybe my next cat will be from a shelter?

Felicia's Mom
05-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Felicia is from a pet store and Beau is from a breeder.

krazyaboutkatz
05-06-2003, 11:04 PM
Storm is from the Humane Society.
Sunny is from a rescue organization called Unconditional Love.
Cirrus is from a rescue organization called Stanford Cat Network.
My RB Pepper was at a Petco through a rescue organization called Care.

shais_mom
05-06-2003, 11:37 PM
I got Kylie from a friend whose bf now hubby didn't like her, and terrorized her.