PDA

View Full Version : Mandy's bent tail.

HayleyRosie
05-06-2003, 10:02 AM
If you remember when I first got Mandy I told you all about her bent tail. I have been trying to get a picture of this to show you guys since she first came home. I finally got a picture! Here it is:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-06-2003, 10:15 AM
That is weird! Do you know if she had it broken or something when she was younger?

She sure is getting big though. :( :) :D

HayleyRosie
05-06-2003, 10:31 AM
We are not really sure if it was broken before we got her or if it was a birth defect. Our vet is thinking it is a birth defect. I would rather believe that is what it is. If it was a broken tail I don't want to think about why it was broken. She is very happy in her home with my husband, her big sister Hayley and I. I don't think she misses her first home at all.

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-06-2003, 10:32 AM
I think their little imperfections make them more unique and more lovable. (Like Ally's "Beauty Spots" on her nose!

Mandy is really cute. Was she a rescue cat?

Cheshirekatt
05-06-2003, 10:39 AM
Ooooh! How cute! Here's Elvira's extremely kinky tail. :D The vet says she's got a false joint that she was born with.

Cheshirekatt
05-06-2003, 10:41 AM
Here's a another one. Watch out....the kitties with funny tails are trouble! LOL

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-06-2003, 11:04 AM
HayleyRosie, I just HAVE to ask,

The thing Mandy is playing with in the crooked tail photo - is it part of the Panic Mouse?:)

HayleyRosie
05-06-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
HayleyRosie, I just HAVE to ask,

The thing Mandy is playing with in the crooked tail photo - is it part of the Panic Mouse?:)

No, but now that you asked it does look a lot like the rod on the Panic Mouse. Maybe thats why she likes it so much!

wolflady
05-06-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
I think their little imperfections make them more unique and more lovable...

Absolutely true! :D What cuties all of the kinky tail babies are! :D That's very interesting about it being a birth defect. I hadn't thought of that before. Crookshanks, the stray kitty that I cared for until I found her a home had an extremely crooked tail. It seems like it had been broken in a couple of places, and you could feel how the bones healed up if you touched her tail! :eek: Poor girl! I asked the vet if it hurt her, and he said that it probably didn't since it had healed that way. I don't have a really good pic of her tail, but you can kinda see it in the attached picture! She was such a good girl and is doing great in her new home! :D

**hugs**

ellensy
05-06-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
Here's a another one. Watch out....the kitties with funny tails are trouble! LOL

my Precious' was also born w/ a bent tail.... errrr, why are they trouble?? :o

Cheshirekatt
05-06-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by ellensy
my Precious' was also born w/ a bent tail.... errrr, why are they trouble?? :o

Well, of the two that I've had...they just seem to always be getting into trouble! LOL And I mean that in a good way. :D Vinnie and Elvira were always a little more "kitty crazy" than the other ones. Hehe. If a treat slid under the stove drawer Vinnie would go back there day after day to try to get it out! He never gave it up. And Elvira......well, she's just a year old so you know how that goes. She's still scaling the curtains!

krazyaboutkatz
05-06-2003, 11:39 PM
I've never had a cat with a bent tail. All the cats are beautiful and the tails make them very unique. :)

Vio&Juni
05-07-2003, 04:23 AM
This sweet kitty is my mom's. Her name is Pantera or Panterusha, she's ten years old and she's my Juni's granny :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid60/pbc8837ec36f3e748cb914c28f35e69b1/fc3fa5d4.jpg
I have some EXTREMELY stupid neighbors, and I mean it. There a stupid belief that a cat tail can treat some psychiatric problem. So, they cut Panterusha's tail. Now she has a half only. When I found out I asked my mom if anyone told them, that
A CAT TAIL CAN'T TREAT STUPIDITY!!! . My mom doesn't even speak with them for years, there's no use.

HayleyRosie
05-07-2003, 06:41 AM
That is very sad. I am very surprise by some of the people in this world. I guess it takes all kinds.

neko1
05-07-2003, 06:55 AM
All those bent tails are so cute!

Vio&Juni
05-07-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by HayleyRosie
That is very sad. I am very surprise by some of the people in this world. I guess it takes all kinds.
At least, she's ok. My dad had another Pantera - a black beauty. In the winter he was keeing her only indoors, he was afraid someone could kill her for her gorgeous fur. Luckily, she died of old age.

kimlovescats
05-07-2003, 03:39 PM
Ahhhh, how cute.... it gives her more purrsonality!!! GREAT PIC!

RICHARD
05-07-2003, 04:25 PM
the picture reminded me of the old adage...

as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.:confused:

Barbara
05-08-2003, 04:19 AM
I am so sorry for Panterusha's tail.
Regarding all the others: a bent tail is very common in South East Asian cats. It is a genetic defect and in Bali e.g. more than 50% of the cats show it. So there's nothing wrong with that.

IttyBittyKitty
05-08-2003, 04:41 AM
Poor Panterusha! I would have taken my neighbours to the police if they did that. Incedentally, the RSPCA in Australia is undertaking a campaign to stop tail docking in pure bred dogs. Horrible!

Panterusha is very cute, you can see where Juni got her devistating good looks from!

Vio&Juni
05-08-2003, 06:48 AM
IBK, unfortunately, our laws are not fully aligned to the European legislation. And those neighbors, their son has just been arrested for some burglary or even more. You can imagine, what kind of people they are :(