PDA

View Full Version : MSN troubles :(

wolfsoul
05-05-2003, 09:37 PM
I haven't been able to go on my msn messenger for months because my computer has somehow disabled it :mad: Along with all of the other chat rooms! :mad: We don't have a firewall or anything :confused:

Whenever I try and get into msn, it starts to work, but suddenly the page freezes (the other pages don't freeze) And it will say that the program is not respnoding :(

Does anyone know how I might be able to fix it???

It would be neat to be able to chat with some pet talkers lol :p

Nomilynn
05-05-2003, 11:34 PM
My computer whiz friend recommends going to add/remove programs, uninstalling MSN and then put it back in again. I hope you can get it working :)

Russian Blue
05-06-2003, 09:12 AM
Try to reinstall the whole program. A certain file may have been corrupted. I had to do that with my yahoo messenger and have had no problems since.

;)

wolfsoul
05-06-2003, 10:03 AM
I've done that so many times lol. I'm thinking about just deleting a whole bunch of files, maybe I have a small virus :( *sigh* this sucks lol...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
05-06-2003, 03:29 PM
I have MSN too, it has never given me problems. Good luck!

popcornbird
05-06-2003, 04:05 PM
From what you described, it seems like your computer has a virus that's causing this problem. It happened to me several years ago and was a virus. I had to format my whole harddrive and reinstall windows and everything. I'm afraid you might have to format and reinstall Windows from scratch. Don't worry though. It makes your computer run like new after the formatting. ;) Good luck!

wolfsoul
05-06-2003, 06:49 PM
omg, I don't want a virus! I don't have to delete every single file, do I? I have thousands of things saved :eek: Maybe I'll get one of those virus check thingies? :confused:

slleipnir
05-06-2003, 06:57 PM
Do you not have a virus checker? If not its HIGHLY recommend you get one lol. If you do have one, run a virus check and it will let you know, and ask you if you want to delete it. Some/most virus's aren't that big of a deal with a virus scanner. I have Norton AntiViris

slleipnir
05-06-2003, 06:59 PM
You dont have to delete all you files :] Don't worry :)

wolfsoul
05-06-2003, 07:09 PM
Thanks so much! I'm going to download a virus check, and I'm so glad I won't have to delete my files :D Maybe I'll get my msn back soon! My friends miss me lol

slleipnir
05-06-2003, 07:19 PM
Hope you get it fixed :D

AmylovesMisty
05-06-2003, 07:48 PM
I have every server and msn never gives me any problems..i agree with everyone else and reinstalling the whole program!

wolfsoul
05-07-2003, 08:32 PM
I've already reinstalled it like ten times :(

Bad news I guess - It's not a virus, so I can't fix it...:(

I'm not sure what to do...This kind of sucks...I haven't been on msn for months! *Sigh*

I downloaded an antivirus and it told me I don't have any problems..

But I did find out that I have almost 100000 GB worth of files on my computer! :eek:

slleipnir
05-07-2003, 08:45 PM
100000 GB? Must be a hell of a comp..my comp has like 29GB for my whole comp :p lol jk..Hmm..Do you have the latest version of it? Did you delete it from Add/remove programs or did you just delete it? You might be interest in my other post called 'interesting program' it will show you all your files and your comp and how big they are. Its a HUGE help to tell you things you need to delete. If you want to see how much space you have and what is free go to My Computer and right click on C:\ And go to properties :) I'm trying to think of some other reason it's not working..

wolfsoul
05-07-2003, 08:49 PM

Yeah, I went to add/remove and I deleted it..I also deleted it from my "other" box. I'm not sure if it's the latest version though :confused: All I know is that it's messenger 4.6 because windows 95 doesn't take 5.0

I'm going to get an upgrade hopefully...I'm hoping it'll help...

I'll check your thread out ;)

tikeyas_mom
05-07-2003, 08:52 PM
well I have a virus that allows me to hack into others computers through msn, everyone on my list will show an IP address then I could goto a special program that comes with this virus and hack into other computers it is so dum. Why would anyone want to do that?? :rolleyes: lammeee... , so it is disabled, I cannot get on msn anymore, inless I am at school. .

slleipnir
05-07-2003, 09:02 PM
Windows 95 could be your problem..maybe that version doesn't want to work with it..You might find something about it on their page. Do you ever do windows updates? http://windowsupdate.com you'd be amazed how important they are. I have programs not work for me and my dad told me about that and I ended up having like 30-40 to dl :x After I did it, the program worked. Not sure if thats the care though :x

Sorry if these ideas sound dumb lol, just trying to think of anything that might fix it, I really don't know though :(

slleipnir
05-07-2003, 09:08 PM
You might also consider aim ;)

wolfsoul
05-07-2003, 09:45 PM
Maybe that's it ;)

Thanks :) I don't know though, my mom said she doesn't want to pay much money...:(

kingrattus
05-07-2003, 11:01 PM
here I downloaded a really good virus program for u onto my website. I have been using it for 2 yrs now & it has stoped sooooooooooo many virus'. & it works with win95 aswell :)

http://iahu.ca/files/ its called virus scanner. Some virus' will attack some virus scanners, but as far as I know this isn't one of them yet.

& do a dick cleanup & a disk defragmentor & a disk scan.. I'm pretty sure win95 has these functions

slleipnir
05-08-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Maybe that's it ;)

Thanks :) I don't know though, my mom said she doesn't want to pay much money...:(

Nothing I said costs money :) (Except a virus checker, but the one king has is prob good ;)) The windows updates are just downloads to upload your system..

kingrattus
05-08-2003, 08:46 AM
the one I have is free to everyone, I just made it easier to get.. cause I got lost on the site & kept downloading the wrong one.