PDA

View Full Version : How can I get him to stop doing this!?

wolfsoul
05-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Frisco will not stop peeing on me!! :o I've read and heard a billion times that rats only scent mark on bare skin. Well, he doesn't!! He pees on me just because! He will be running around the computer, or around my room, or wherever, and then, for no reason except that he wants to, he will run over to me and pee on me! OMG He just did it right now as I was typing!!! What can I do to make him stop this??? It drives me nuts..:(

Icarus doesn't pee on me unless he absolutely has to. I know this because it's a rare thing, and he will completely empty his bladder at one time (ewwies:p) But Frisco does it all the time, constantly, and he doesn't entirely empty his baldder - He saves more for later! Agh..

I don't think that there is anything that I can do to stop this behaviour :( Can anyone think of anything? Has anyone trained a rat not to do this? I'm trying to train him to use a litter box, will that help? (Litter box, oops that brings up another Question, I'll have to post :rolleyes: )

Thanks

Desert Arabian
05-05-2003, 09:00 PM
He pees on me just because!
It's not "just because". He is marking his territory. Osacr and Fred do this 24/7 when they are out of the cage. It can't be stopped. They pee on the couch, floor, chairs, shirts, anything that they are on. Of course I clean it up right away with Natures Miracle. :p

wolfsoul
05-05-2003, 09:12 PM
But I read that they will only scent mark on bare skin? :confused: It might not be true, but I've read it on numerous sites and I've heard from breeders..

Desert Arabian
05-05-2003, 10:29 PM
No, it's not true. What breeders told you that?
Information (click here) (http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/search?query=Rats+Urine+Marking&invocationType=spelling)

wolfsoul
05-05-2003, 10:33 PM
Some breeders on PRC. I cant remember which ones said, pretty much all of them in general, but there are alot there lol

luckies4me
05-05-2003, 10:37 PM
They pee on anything and everything! :D It's a compliment to me. :p

wolfsoul
05-05-2003, 10:39 PM
They pee on anything and everything! It's a compliment to me.
heehee That's the way I try to look at it :p lol

YLL- one of the sites you gave me said that rat urine doesn't stain - I have stains everywhere.

Desert Arabian
05-05-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
heehee That's the way I try to look at it :p lol

YLL- one of the sites you gave me said that rat urine doesn't stain - I have stains everywhere.

If you clean it up right away, I doubt you would have stains. Every rat is different, so maybe there is something in his urine that stains. Like dogs buring grass.

CathyBogart
05-06-2003, 12:47 AM
But pee is ratty love!! It's very flattering to be showered with Zylle's urine after all the work I had to go through to gain her trust!