PDA

View Full Version : UPS driver brings treats!!!!

lovemyshiba
05-05-2003, 03:08 PM
What a cool day.
The UPS man came today with a package, and while Kito and Abbey couldn't get to the door because of our gate, Riley jumped right over to greet him. Knowing how some people are about dogs, I grabbed him and tried to hold him back. The man says, "nah, give him to me", and holds on to him while I signed for the package, and gets treats out of his pocket for Riley!!!
My husband has a friend who drives for UPS too, and he carries dog treats with him on his route also!!

I thought that was neat--they must be a dog friendly company!!!:)

CountryWolf07
05-05-2003, 03:11 PM
That's sweet!! :)

At our old house, we had a man who would take walks every evening, he would always stop by our house and give Benny, my first dog a treat... it was like a routine :)

Fuzzy317
05-05-2003, 06:01 PM
I always keep dog treats or chew sticks in my pickup truck.

If I go away for the weekend, giving a dog a treat makes me feel a little closer to home. :)

Dogz
05-05-2003, 06:07 PM
OMG! The UPS driver brings treats to our house too! The FedEx Truck Driver LOVES Prince. He goes home and tells his wife and makes a big fuss over him!;)

RubyMutt
05-05-2003, 07:36 PM
I love friendly deliverers :D
We get an order of organic foods every Friday. The same lady delivers it every week and she always comes in to get some Ruby kisses and give Ruby some organic doggy snacks. She's so nice :) Ruby loves her :D

anna_66
05-05-2003, 08:15 PM
My 3 say it's no fair though. Whenever we get a delivery, noone brings treats for them:p

Cheshirekatt
05-05-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
My 3 say it's no fair though. Whenever we get a delivery, noone brings treats for them:p

Same here. They're always afraid of my dogs. :(

Kfamr
05-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Hehe.. i'm sure the UPS man likes Simba... Simba chased him all the way to his truck one day.. He's protective!

Random fact- Nelly was a UPS man befor he got famous!:D

Fuzzy317
05-05-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Random fact- Nelly was a UPS man before he got famous!:D

Nelly who ? :confused:

just kidding :)

MaxandSpike'sMom
05-06-2003, 09:40 AM
Great UPS driver! Ours just drops off the package and runs off the porch.

I will be sure to tell him about this the next time he comes 'round!

Kfamr
05-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Fuzzy317
Nelly who ? :confused:

just kidding :)

Lol you scared me for a sec :p

lbaker
05-06-2003, 02:13 PM
One of our old RB dogs "Alfalfa" (don't ask) used to ride up to the drive-in window at the bank every time I went and the teller would always have treats. One day my son went up to cash a check I wrote out to him and the teller, upon seeing my name on the check, instead of asking for ID said "What's your dogs name?" My son's dog was his ID :D :D :D

Jack'sMom
05-06-2003, 02:48 PM
Our Central Maine Power (electricity) guy throws a couple of treats to Jack when he comes to read the meter, that is if he's hooked out. I think the guy is trying to distract Jack from barking at him! Funny thing, though, Jack won't eat the treats. Weirdo.

tatsxxx11
05-06-2003, 04:08 PM
We have the sweetest UPS man! He always has a smile and a treat for the VERY excited Cody and Star who run to the door to greet him!!:D And the nice lady at the bank always puts a couple of cookies in the basket at the drive up window! No wonder they love going for car rides!:rolleyes:

Cinder & Smoke
05-06-2003, 04:40 PM
Our former and now retired :( UPS driver, Dallas, had a soft spot for the dogs on his route, and always carried a box of Milk Bones on the dash of his Big Brown Treat Truck.

Casey [RB, :(] would *hear* the truck as it pulled into the plazza across the street and she would go out front to await his arrival and treat. Major disappointment in her day if we didn't get a delivery. Dallas started pullin up out front even if we Didn't have a package; Casey would climb up in the truck, Sit, Beg, and Shake - and get a bisquit! :D
I told Dallas he didn't really need to stop almost every day - and he asked "Do you KNOW what she does if I don't turn into your lot!?" Uhhh, no...
She would note which way the truck turned out of the plazza - Left meant he would pull in, a right meant he wasn't stopping here. As soon as he started a right turn, She would assume a perfect *BEG* stance and *stare* at him! If he saw her - he couldn't resist stopping!

Shadow [RB, :(] took over from Casey; but didn't have quite the same finesse - Shadow just started *barking* as soon as the Big Brown Truck came into view :eek:! No delivery & No bisquit? She'd *pout* for an hour! :mad:

Relief drivers had to be shown where the Shop's Bisquit Jar was - NObuddie dropped a package without paying the Busquit Tax!

And now we have Cinder...
and UPS drivers with no treats on board... :(
In warm weather, the lil Gas Company Meter Reader Gurl parks her limo and walks through 12-15 yards. Even though she packs a Treat Pouch (which also holds her can of *Dawggie Mace") :eek: ... Miz Cinnerz looks upon her as an Unwelcome Intruder! Last summer I heard *scrambling dawg klawz*, frightful barking, and a panic shrIEEK! from beside the Shop. I dashed out to find Cinder, *dragging* poor Smokey along (they were tied together), giving her worst impression of a *Vicious Attack Dawg* - running towards the poor Meter Gurl! The poor Gurl - wide-eyed in fear - was frantically throwing busquits, juggling her meter computer, and trying to un-clip her "Dawggie Mace" weapon. Lucky for all, she backed up far enough, and quickly enough, that Cinder ran out of rope! I'm sad to report that we're no longer on her Walk & Read route :(. She drives up and *Honks* before she will even get out of the car now.

Dakota's Mommy
05-08-2003, 02:11 PM
That's cool and really great to hear!

kingrattus
05-08-2003, 11:05 PM
The mail man loves max.. no treats, but lots of hugs & kisses.. Now the UPS guys r a different story.. ok my dad lives in 3 apt house. the 1-2 apt share the same little hallway & the 3 has its own door on the side of the house. My dad isn't home during the day, so the old lady in 1 take the UPS stuff for him. One guy was so scared due to Max's agressive barking, loud sniffing, loud walking, & shaking the door. the UPS guy thought it was a full house & not 3 apt. he was hiding outside the dor & was shaking really bad... he kept begging not to let the dog out, where is it. the old lady prazes Max for his agression at the door when dadsa not home.. it makes her feel much safer.. & when she tells Max hes gone & to stop barking, he stops & goes right back to bed until the next person knocks on the door

wolf_Q
05-09-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

And now we have Cinder...
and UPS drivers with no treats on board... :(
In warm weather, the lil Gas Company Meter Reader Gurl parks her limo and walks through 12-15 yards. Even though she packs a Treat Pouch (which also holds her can of *Dawggie Mace") :eek: ... Miz Cinnerz looks upon her as an Unwelcome Intruder! Last summer I heard *scrambling dawg klawz*, frightful barking, and a panic shrIEEK! from beside the Shop. I dashed out to find Cinder, *dragging* poor Smokey along (they were tied together), giving her worst impression of a *Vicious Attack Dawg* - running towards the poor Meter Gurl! The poor Gurl - wide-eyed in fear - was frantically throwing busquits, juggling her meter computer, and trying to un-clip her "Dawggie Mace" weapon. Lucky for all, she backed up far enough, and quickly enough, that Cinder ran out of rope! I'm sad to report that we're no longer on her Walk & Read route :(. She drives up and *Honks* before she will even get out of the car now.

There's these 2 australian shepards that come in to be groomed regularly....they are the SWEETEST dogs, never shown the slightest sign of aggression...and we're complete strangers to them. A while ago they came in maced.....the meter man sprayed them both, right in the face, and just plain all over. Poor dogs, they had to go to the vet because it hurt their eyes, and they had to come in every few days to be bathed for a good 2 weeks to get that smell/burning out. :(

It's very rare that the UPS man delivers here.....most of the stuff I get is delivered by USPS. Reggie barks is head off and freaks people out when the door rings, Smokey sleeps, and Nebo runs up and looks at the door.......he's not allowed in that room. No no treats for my boys.

They do get them at the bank though! :D

Uabassoon
05-09-2003, 02:11 AM
My UPS man is scared of the dogs as well. Missy lives with my landlord and 4 other big dogs, so when all 5 are in the front yard (it's fenced) they go nuts. Everyone that walks past the house gets scared.

Logan
05-09-2003, 08:01 AM
At my old house, the Fed Ex lady always came to the door with treats in hand for my dogs. Boy did I confuse her a few times when I was fostering Splash and had Murphy there with us too! She had to fill her pockets to have one for everybody! We miss her!!! :)