PDA

View Full Version : Springer Spaniel

tipsybunny
02-08-2001, 04:40 AM
Hi, I've got a wonderful, lively 19 month old English Springer Spaniel, called Molly. I would love to breed her but she has got no paperwork, so I am having trouble finding a boyfriend for her.

She is brilliant with children and I'm sure she will make a great mother.

If anyone out the knows someone with a healthy and willing, male English Springer Spaniel, please send me an email: [email protected]

Thank you, Julie and Molly

AdoreMyDogs
02-08-2001, 08:12 AM
I don't mean to be rude, please don't take this too personally, but few people here promote un-neccessary breeding. Thousands upon thousands of dogs are put to death EVERY DAY because of irresponsible, unnecessary breeding! Puppies and dogs are killed because there are WAY too many dogs and breeding irresponsibly just adds to all those dogs and puppies who are put to death.

Both my dogs are amazing with kids, that does not mean they should have puppies though. Most dogs will make wonderful parents, your dog is probablly like 99.5% of the dogs, she'd take great care of her puppies. Is that reason enough to add to the horrible, shameful over population problem? Perhaps you could think a little more carefully, perhaps you could visit a couple shealters and see for yourself how sad all those unwanted dogs are who will probablly not live another month. Lets say your dog has 8 puppies. In the shealter there are lets say 200 dogs, instead of helping 8 of those dogs find a home, 8 people go to you to get a puppy. That's 8 dogs that will not find a home because you chose to breed...and thats IF every one of those puppies you gave away was neutered or spayed, which is probablly not going to happen....so her puppies' puppies' will both add to the amount of wanted dogs, but it'll prevent all those heartbroken, dear, sweet sad dogs from finding a home. Adding wood to the fire. Please don't put more dogs onto this earth, we have more then enough to go around.

-Leslie

tipsybunny
02-08-2001, 08:38 AM
Thank you for trying to put it so nicely, but if there are so many dogs out there. Why did I have so much trouble finding Molly.

I was not restricting myself to even getting a pedigree dog, a black and tan mongrel would have been just as good.

We spent months at Battersea Dogs Home, we had our home visit and were given our card so we could choose a dog. But each time we went they said there was none suitable for young children (8, 6 & 3 at the time).

In the end I had to look through loot, and even then I made loads of calls before I found someone with a dog left.

Also at present I have three loving homes for puppies (friends and family) and this is why I came to the decision. I know it will probably cost more than I'd ever make. I've waited till she is 19 months old, and I'm going to get her checked over by our vet, and ask her advice, how ever hard it maybe to take, I will listen.

Thank you for your view.

From a loving person trying to be a responsible dog owner. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/tongue.gif

Julie

Pam
02-08-2001, 08:54 AM
I understand where both of you are coming from. The 4 dogs I owned came from breeders and we really researched them, starting from the vet's suggestions. I am now to the point of wanting to add a dog back into my life now (with two cats in the house) and, although I am perfectly will to try and find a pet at a shelter, my husband is not. He wants to know more history about a dog and mold the dog from day one rather than try and correct potential behavior problems (although he would be perfectly able to handle it, having gone through obedience school with our dogs.)

I don't really think that because you buy 8 dogs from a breeder that 8 dogs necessarily will have to die at a shelter (although I know exactly what you are trying to say). Sometimes there are people who just can't find what they want at a shelter, for whatever reasons or, in my case, are married to someone who has another mindset.

Anyway, I really respect both of your ideas and just wanted to throw mine into the mix. That's what's so nice about this board. We can have nice discussions without anyone getting upset. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Pam (edited February 08, 2001).]