PDA

View Full Version : Not very pretty, but, pretty exciting- TEEFERS PICS

Cataholic
05-04-2003, 06:40 PM
I have been kinda looking and today they seemed kinda big!!!

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p419e3d81ba643527e50ae08dd152da16/fc36cdad.jpg

Those are just from the top. He gets too funny with his lower jaw...plus, do we really need to see such 'gross' pictures??

Cincy'sMom
05-04-2003, 06:48 PM
Yeah we have white thingies!! Congrats Binx!!!

tatsxxx11
05-04-2003, 07:05 PM
Oh Binx...You are such a brave little pupper! Love those baby toofers!:D Hope the tooth fairy gets to pay you visit very soon, sweetheart!:) After all, you should be equally rewarded for them coming in as going out!:)

jenluckenbach
05-04-2003, 07:18 PM
Question What does a really big dog teethe on?

Answer Anything he wants to!

Congratulations Binx!:D

captain
05-04-2003, 07:19 PM
YAY!!! We have teeth!!!!!

What? There were "gross" pics .????? Where???? :D

mugsy
05-04-2003, 08:07 PM
Toofers!!! Yeah for Binxy boy!!!! No gross pictures to be seen in this thread. Jen....how about teething on the frozen teething rings?? Well, maybe not...don't want to bite down on that!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-04-2003, 08:21 PM
OH it is so good to see such good progress.
Has he been back for a check up? Has the doctor said if he'll recover perfectly..

*YAY* Binx:D

kingrattus
05-04-2003, 10:00 PM
I didn't think the pic was gross, I thought it was kinda neat. Not much grosses me out.
But I'm happy for Binx, does Binx have a Kong??? I think it might be a great chew toy for him, its not too hard to hurt his gums & its strong enough for his strength

mugsy
05-04-2003, 10:13 PM
Good idea King!!! I didn't even think about a Kong...a little peanut butter in there and he's good to go!

Kater
05-04-2003, 10:18 PM
Cataholic - never have I been so happy while looking into a doggies mouth! Great news for Binx!!!!!

*BIG HUG for a BIG DOGGIE*

:D:D:D:D

Cheshirekatt
05-04-2003, 10:27 PM
There are a couple of things you can do for teething. You can put the kong in the freezer or take an empty 2 liter bottle and fill it with water and freeze it. Of course you should supervise him with the bottle, just to make sure he doesn't get any pieces off of it. :) The frozen two liter bottles have survived my pitty's chewing on them, so they're pretty strong. GOod luck and congrats on the toofers! LOL Maybe he's getting the ones that Elvis had to have pulled....... ;)

shais_mom
05-04-2003, 11:50 PM
YEAAH!
Try an old towel that you have wet and frozen, Keegan LOVED those when she was teething.

anna_66
05-05-2003, 08:13 AM
Kinda funny looking, yes;)

I'm so glad to see that Binx is finally getting some little teefers, that's such wonderful news!

Kona & Oreo's mom
05-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Teeth--what great news! I'm so happy for you, Binx!

Cinder & Smoke
05-05-2003, 10:11 AM
:)

Mudderz wiff diggy kamz kan be such a pain, huh Binx? :p

Glad da toofie krop is commin in!

Chew toyz?
A hand towel, very damp, then frozen inna freezer is gud...
A rubber Kong, filled wiff peanut butter, then frozen iz phunn...
Icey kubez, rite outta da freezer, are neet, too -
but dey are sorta an "oudside" chomper toy! :p
An da larger, semi-firm rubber ballz, lil biggur than tennie ball size,
make neet-o chaze & chomp toyz!

Note: AVOID Mom'z foot shoes - thoze are *not* considured chomper toyz!

Oh yeah - anna KATz...
KATz are *NOT* *squeekee* toyz - ourz duz *squeek* purdy gud;
but den he pops out da Knivez & Klawz, (an summtymes da TEEFz) -
den it startz da get dangerus ta make him *squeek* :eek:

:D

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-05-2003, 12:38 PM
That's great news!! 3 cheers for Mr. Binx!

Cataholic
05-06-2003, 07:26 AM
Thanks everyone!! I have been thinking about chew toys for Binx. I think he needs 'something'...but, I don't want to overdue it. I think I will call the vets office and see what they say...not cause I don't 'trust' you guys, but, cause he is a little bit of a special case situation.

Let's see what they say!!! Calling now!!!

GUESS WHO IS GETTING A KONG TONIGHT??? YUP!!! The vet said, 'what ever he (Binx) wants!!!'

What color Kong do I get?

anna_66
05-06-2003, 08:09 AM
Oh, I bet he'll just love his kong, specially if you put some peanut butter in it & freeze it:D
What a lucky dog you are to have such a wonderful mommy Binx!
And as for colors, our just have black & red. I think the black ones are for really strong chewers (like Angus:eek: )

Cinder & Smoke
05-06-2003, 10:20 AM
Hey Binx ~

Make sure ya pick out a BIG wun - they gotz a bigger hole
inna end - so'z ya can get yur tung likker inside an skoop out da guddiez! ;)

Dont furget to stop atta store to get a BIIG bukit a PeenButter! :D

An how'z yer gimpy leg doin?
Yur Mawm sed ya kinda favored wun leg - like it sorta bothered ya...
That startin to feel OK - now that yer eetin a lot better?
Keep praktissin the runnin round inna yard - we wunt ya in gud shape
fur da BarkPark Gathurin!

Cinder & Smoke
05-06-2003, 10:42 AM
Kong Toyz come in several sizes, and at least two colors...

RED color is for the "standard chewers"...
otta be gud to start Mr Binx on (that's "our" color.)

BLACK is a heavier duty color - fur da "power chewerz"!
Black is prolly a lil stiffer, too - mite be a lil bit TOO stiff fur
the tendur mouff...

And they come in several sizes - minis up to Giant. Like we sed affore - bigger toy getz ya a bigger HOLE inna end... Gotta get the Kong BIG enuff he can't try to :eek: swallow :eek: it or get it wedged in his mouth!

Dad sez ya shuld *watch* him the first few tymes he plays wiff it - make sure he won't try to *gulp* it down. And to get started - don't freeze it - leave the PeenButter *gooey* so he can get sum out rite away.

Dad also stuffs a bisquit in ours - hasta push hard to get it IN... then WE gotta *squeeze* da Kong to crush da bisquit so it'll fall back out.
Dat ideer prolly won't werk fur Binx till da Toofiez get all popped out an strong.

kingrattus
05-06-2003, 10:57 AM
Someone beat me to saying what colour is best, & black would be best for his size

Sudilar
05-06-2003, 11:07 AM
Wonderful news!!! Woohoo! :D:D

Cinder & Smoke
05-06-2003, 11:22 AM
We jest foud it again...

Kong Company has a nice :) web site =
http://www.kongcompany.com (http://www.kongcompany.com)

Lotta good info - check out the "Features & Benefits",
"How to Use Kong", and "FAQ" pages.
Two of those pages have recipies and stuffing instructions.
And check out the 20% Off Cupon Game on the Home page! :p

They say to use the Largest RED Kong for Saint Bernards =
the Red KING Kong.
Looks like there are FIVE sizes in Red, and THREE sizes in the HD Black color.

gini
05-06-2003, 12:32 PM
I will stop and look at "gross??" pictures of Binx' mouth any old time. What great news.

The Kong's are just the best - and Phred is right - pushing a bisquit into them (when Binx is older and has his full set of chompers) keeps them entertained for a long time.

You must have really had fun trying to keep his mouth open and take the picture at the same time!!

lbaker
05-06-2003, 12:40 PM
This is such good news for an otherwise gloomy, dank day.... Binx brings the sunshine to my insides every time I hear what a dear LITTLE :rolleyes: :eek: guy he is & how much improved he is under your loving care...

ChrisH
05-06-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Kater
Cataholic - never have I been so happy while looking into a doggies mouth! Great news for Binx!!!!!
Seconded!
:) :) :)

Christine

Dakota's Mommy
05-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Yeah, that's such great news! I'm so happy for you both!