PDA

View Full Version : Will Frisco catch cold???

wolfsoul
05-04-2003, 02:17 PM
Frisco's new cage is set up beside the window, where it's fairly chilly. He has a nice warm box with lots of kleenex in it, like in his old cage. But since he's been in this new setup, he refuses to sleep in it. He now wants to sleep on the very top floor where there isn't anything but a cloth to sleep on. I'm not moving the box up there, it's too big.

I heard Frisco have a little sneeze this morning and now I'm worried that he may be catching a cold. Do you think I should just let him sleep where he wants to, or should I keep him down on the bottom floor where it's warmer??? The sneeze might have been nothing, but I can't help but be a little bit queasy about the whole idea of him sleeping in the cold.....

Is the cloth enough? Maybe I should move a cloth into the box?

Karen
05-04-2003, 02:25 PM
Contrary to popular belief, one doesn't catch a "cold" from being cold. There are germs involved!

If he were too cold, he'd probably move some stuff up there himself, or sleep down in the box, don't you think?

wolfsoul
05-04-2003, 02:32 PM
I didn't know that! :) Thanks for the boost of knowledge! :D lol

I guess you're right, if it's too cold he should be smart enough to move, lol.

Desert Arabian
05-04-2003, 05:15 PM
It is not a wise idea to place a rat by cold drafts. You should try and relocate the cage. I would hate to live in a cold room, and have to lay in a box all day to keep warm. They do get cold, and it can contribute to other illnesses.

Is the cloth enough? Maybe I should move a cloth into the box?

No, it's not enough.You should move the cage all together.

luckies4me
05-04-2003, 05:24 PM
I totally agree with YLL! Rats should not be kept be drafts!

wolfsoul
05-04-2003, 08:55 PM
It's not in a draft :confused: It's only colder over there. My window is covered by three window panes, a thin curtain and a thick blanket. It's not open...

I don't know where I could put the cage :confused: I was thinking about moving my furniture around, but I decided not to...hmmm....I could put it on the floor I guess, but it might get in the way...grrr....

I know! :D I'll turn the heat up in my room, lol. Duh :rolleyes: I should have thought of that before, I'm such an idiot..

I turned it all the way down in the first place because I thought it was too hot for the rats and now that it's suddenly cold out again, I figure I should turn it back up ;)