PDA

View Full Version : 1st kitten to leave....

kimlovescats
05-04-2003, 10:13 AM
Well, the first of the babies left on Friday. :(
It was kind of sad, but luckily she is just moving to a home in a subdivision very close to mine! Her new mommy was sooooo very excited to take her home.... had already bought her a new condo and all! I'm going to miss "Lovely" but I know she is going to a wonderful home!

BYE BYE sweet Lovely!!!!

lailamara
05-04-2003, 10:24 AM
http://fluffandstuff.homestead.com/files/4_24_03_Lovely.jpg
She's ready for her exciting new life thanks to YOU !!!! It a happy and sad occasion but congrats for raising a healthy happy kitten. You can visit, right !!so we can see pictures as she grows, right!!!:D

rg_girlca
05-04-2003, 11:14 AM
Aww Kim it's full of mixed emotions when the first one leaves the nest eh. You're sad to see them go but on the other hand, happy that they are going to a good home, especially near by so that you can see her occasionally and know how well she is doing.
Congratulate yourself on a job well done my dear. :D

Barbara
05-04-2003, 11:23 AM
This must be a very sad moment in fostering. But on the other hand it is you who made it possible that she can go to goof home now:)

Cataholic
05-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Kim, that is sad...but remember, you are feeling the pain so the kitten doesn't have to!

jenluckenbach
05-04-2003, 12:45 PM
Sad but sweet departure. Have a great life, Lovely!

krazyaboutkatz
05-04-2003, 08:46 PM
This is sad but at least you know that she's going to great forever home. Since it's close by you can also visit her and watch her grow up too. :) Maybe you can get her new mom to join Pet Talk so we can watch her grow up. :)

kimlovescats
05-04-2003, 10:43 PM
Thank you all so much for your kind words, and reminding me the reasons I have to feel happy instead of sad!!!! You all are GREAT friends!!!! :)

HUGS!!!

Prairie Purrs
05-05-2003, 12:42 AM
I went through the same thing with the 10 I've found homes for--it's so hard to let them go, but it's a great feeling when the folks who have adopted them tell me how much they love their kitties and share stories of their escapades. You can be very pleased about helping to create a wonderful new relationship! :)

moosmom
05-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Kim,

I know how difficult it is to let a kitten go that you've nurtured and loved. Just keep in mind that you did a wonderful thing by fostering and loving that little girl and that she's going to a great home!

K & L
05-05-2003, 02:05 PM
This is exactly why my husband & I can't foster! We get SO attached and then we never let go. You're doing an excellent job and I'm glad there's people like you who care enough to do this!

slick
05-05-2003, 02:06 PM
That's one of the main reasons why I can't foster. It hurts too much to see them go. I do hope you will have visiting rights.

PayItForward
05-05-2003, 03:15 PM
I admire your strength to raise these kittens and then adopt them to loving homes. It is something I couldn't do. (I'd end up with 20 cats!!)