PDA

View Full Version : Your cat's biggest fear

Kirsten
05-03-2003, 03:10 PM
What does your cat hate or fear most?

As much as the feline community has adjusted to the men's world and sure did a great job to make the humans their slaves ;), there are things they will always hate in our civilized culture. What does your cat detest most?

Cataholic
05-03-2003, 03:20 PM
Without exception- the vacuum cleaner! I can't even bring it out into the room without most of them running for cover. Then, inadvertently, someone always gets trapped in the room I intend to vaccuum. There it is, larger than life, blocking the only escape route..he he he...

Followed only by the doorbell....WHY don't people just knock gently?

Kirsten
05-03-2003, 03:34 PM
Same here!!! Even when I start cleaning, Luna hides already 'cause she knows what comes next! :) No doubt it's a horrible monster in her eyes!

Kirsten

PayItForward
05-03-2003, 03:57 PM
For George it is the scary bath monster.
After we bathed him, he didn't enter the bathroom for weeks !!!

neko1
05-03-2003, 05:23 PM
I'd have to say it's the vaccum cleaner followed by water. (They've only had baths once, but hated it)

My cats love visitors, the trip to the vet isn't that bad, and Tama loves to go for rides in the car

Uabassoon
05-03-2003, 05:44 PM
I think the vaccum cleaner. I love watching the cats dart out of the room as soon as I bring out the vaccum.

Pam
05-03-2003, 06:01 PM
They are both afraid of the vacuum cleaner, and Andy is afraid of visitors so I voted for the vacuum cleaner. :) I have never given either one of them a bath. :o

krazyaboutkatz
05-03-2003, 11:55 PM
I voted a trip to the vets. They're terrified of riding in the car too. They also hate the vacuum cleaner but Cirrus isn't too afraid of it. The last time that I vacuumed he wouldn't go hide in my room so I left him out in the main room while I vacuumed. He would just sit there and get out of my way if I got too close to him. :) I never bathe my cats either and Sunny loves to play in water. :)

marysmerrycats
05-04-2003, 03:51 AM
hard to choose, with all my cats, just about all of those things frighten them!

Kirsten
05-04-2003, 01:46 PM
Funny how many kitties hate the vacuum cleaner! Luna also doesn't like to go to the vet, but she isn't afraid of car rides. Actually, she seems to be very interested and tries to see as much as possible from the world outside while she's sitting in her carrier box! :)

Kirsten

ScantyNebula
05-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Toby despises the vacuum cleaner too..but he freaks out more when a visitor comes to the house!

The Cat Factory
05-04-2003, 03:04 PM
None of my cats mind the vacuum, they love car rides, but they HATE the water!!!!!

Nomilynn
05-04-2003, 04:10 PM
I picked other because my cats all have different fears, and none of those are really their biggest ones.

Bassett - plastic bags. She just freaks any time I have to change the garbages!! :eek:

Nutmeg - don't really know.. nothing really *scares* her but she gets really annoyed when I make a wooshing noise through my teeth.. it makes her entire body twitch.

Tilly - dogs. She hates them a LOT :)

Randi
05-04-2003, 04:30 PM
I'm not quite sure, but Fister hates it when the vacuum cleaner gets too close. He also hates car rides, but that could be because he's inside a box and don't know what's happening. :eek:

I'll vote for car rides.

moosmom
05-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Hmmm, vacuum cleaners are ahead. I wonder why? Whenever I bring out the big bad machine my cats scatter and don't come out for HOURS!!

slick
05-04-2003, 06:20 PM
I voted:

Max - not only the vacuum cleaner, but he is scared stiff of a gust of wind......it's really quite funny :D

Speckles - not too frightened of much. Pretty laid back except when it comes time for meds.

Miss Meow
05-04-2003, 07:53 PM
The big, scary vacuum cleaner for sure.

But funnily enough, Tabasco comes out soon after it's gone because he LOVES supervising the rest of the housework. He follows me around while I'm dusting, mopping and particularly sweeping. Maybe he managed a team of cleaners in his previous life ...

Felicia's Mom
05-04-2003, 09:14 PM
Both are afraid of the vacuum cleaner.

Kirsten
05-05-2003, 04:33 PM
Oh oh, just look at the result: The mean evil vacuum cleaner seems to be the biggest horror in the feline world! :) Luna totally agrees btw! :)

Kirsten

batgirl1980
05-05-2003, 05:37 PM
Well. I voted vacuum because that's what Eliza and Mozart are super terrified of... although ELiza is just as terrified of visitors..

I'm not sure what bach is scared of.. he follows the vacuum.. to make sure i get every single spot I guess.. but if it gets close to him.. he hits it LOL. Oh wait.. yes.. he is scared of baths.. doesn't matter if its wipes. or bath baths.. he HATES it!

shais_mom
05-06-2003, 12:10 AM
All I have to do is put my hand on the sweeper and Kylie goes under the bed!

LoudLou
05-06-2003, 01:49 AM
Absolutely it's the EVIL Vacuum! http://www.snowcrest.net/kitty/hpages/hpic/kirbees.gif

HayleyRosie
05-06-2003, 06:16 AM
I voted for vacuum cleaner. Mandy hides even before I turn it on. Hayley is not really afraid of it but she stays off the floor and watches me from her cat tree or a chair. I thought about voting for car rides because Mandy get really sick but I was thinking that maybe she just gets motion sick and is not really afraid.

IttyBittyKitty
05-06-2003, 07:16 AM
NOT THE BATH .... ANYTHING BUT THAT! Pixel hates baths with a passion as I found out when silly girl trod in her own poopie!!

Barbara
05-06-2003, 07:54 AM
The EVIL vacuum cleaner -here as well.
But there are some strange other things: We have some CD's with nature sounds. And there is also one with howling timberwolfs: You should see Tigris airplane ears before he runs for cover:rolleyes:

tikeyas_mom
05-06-2003, 09:46 PM
I voted OTHERS, ment to be other. lol... because my cat hates dogs.

Vio&Juni
05-08-2003, 07:23 AM
I voted for the vacuum cleaner, but Juni is also afraid of going outside and of the elevator. Strange, she's not afraid of the outside and also the elevator when we come back home. She gets in the elevator and out at our floor. She's just afraid of GOING outside. Silly kitty.

05-08-2003, 07:33 AM
My cats are very scared of my small table-vacuumer. I use it to take away the breadcrumbs from the breakfast-table. Inka is scared to death...; but, she is not scared of the large vacuumer...:confused: :confused: :confused:

Edwina's Secretary
05-08-2003, 12:38 PM
Edwina LOVES visitors and, although she does a very dramatic exit when the vacuum comes out, she doesn't go far. So it is a toss up between the vet and water. The vet only occurs once a year (and she wasn't too badly behaved this year) so it goes to water. She HATES water. I think that is why she doesn't surf the kitchen counters -- there is a sink. Wiping her feet with a damp cloth is difficult enough....I can NOT image bathing her!!!