PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Needs Your Prayers...Please!

Cheshirekatt
05-02-2003, 10:03 PM
So Elvis had a seizure tonight. :( We just got back from the emergency clinic where he has to stay. He was doing so well after his surgery, I'm just beside myself! He didn't have a huge seizure...but he goes into status epilepticus. This means that he will seizure until he fries his brain and dies without injectable drugs. *sigh* They were able to catheterize him with no problem and get his meds started. Of course when we were on our way to the clinic there was a huge traffic jam from an accident! God! Why does that always happen? I'm supposed to call them at 7 am and if he's ok I'll pick him up and take him to his regular vet in the morning. Please, please, please say a prayer for The King.....he needs it. (And so do I!)

*UPDATE*
So we picked Elvis up today and took him to our regular vet. _ He had another small seizure at the emergency clinic around 1 am. _They gave him more meds and he did well after that. _ He was still having some tremors on his left side when we picked him up (leg and ear twitching) but he seemed more "with it". _ Our regular vet examined him and said he looked pretty good. _They were going to up his meds a little to see if they can completely stop the tremors. _ He said you almost have to use a little too much meds at first to get it under control. _The vet likened it to trying to put a fire out. _ _His pupils were reactive and much less dilated and he ate his pills in a little meatball of canned food like he always does. _ *good boy* _ He had to stay at the vet today so they can monitor him and draw a CBC and check his phenobarb level. _ We're planning on picking him up around 5 pm.
I'll update you again tonight and thanks for all the good thoughts!

kimlovescats
05-02-2003, 10:16 PM
Oh NO... I am so sorry!!! Yes, I will pray for dear Elvis!!! Please keep us posted on the latest.... try to get some sleep!
Fingers and paws crossed!

Cheshirekatt
05-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Thanks Kim. It was just so hard because that's the same emergency clinic we went to when our beloved George went to the RB last summer. They even put us in the same exam room. I almost lost it.

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-02-2003, 10:33 PM
OH I AM SO SORRY!!!!:(
I will be sure to pray for you and him!!! Keep us updated... and just keep faith.. and remember God is bigger than all our problems!!

rosethecopycat
05-02-2003, 10:35 PM
Remembering Elvis in his hour of need.

*softly singing* for this boy.

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-03-2003, 04:24 AM
Praying that Elvis will recover quickly!

PayItForward
05-03-2003, 04:29 AM
Sending prayers for you & Elvis.

IttyBittyKitty
05-03-2003, 08:01 AM
That is just awful! I am praying that Elvis will pull through this new ordeal so he can come home to his worried Meowmie :( Pixel sends Elvis some licks and headbumpies :)

K & L
05-03-2003, 08:11 AM
Oh I just hate hearing this! XOXOXO for you and Elvis.

ChrisH
05-03-2003, 08:52 AM
Prayers sent for Elvis.

catmandu
05-03-2003, 09:53 AM
The Lost Cats Hotel is sending Best Wishea and Prayers for Little Elvis , Please Get Well Soon!

05-03-2003, 10:14 AM
Get well soon, sweet Elvis:)
http://www.cindydrew.com/cats/free/kittenhammock.gif

Cheshirekatt
05-03-2003, 11:52 AM
~BUMP~

carole
05-03-2003, 03:03 PM
oh how worrying for you, poor elvis, i am so sorry to hear he is unwell, lots of best wishes and thoughts for a speedy recovery elvis coming your way, lexie and ash send their love too.

Kirsten
05-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Best wishes from Luna and her mommy to poor little Elvis!

So sorry that you have to go through this - both of you! :(

Kirsten

kimlovescats
05-03-2003, 07:59 PM
Wondering how Elvis is doing??? Any word yet?

Cheshirekatt
05-03-2003, 08:11 PM
We went and picked Elvis up this evening. He's doing fine.....very groggy but that's understandable considering all the phenobarb he's gotten in the past 24 hours. :) We stopped and got some fish and chips on the way home so he got a few pieces of halibut and fries. :D He was VERY happy about that. We didn't get any of the lab work back today, but the vet said he'd call us tomorrow when he gets it. Elvis is currently resting comfortably on his very own special pillow. Most of the tremors are gone, but the vet wants us to keep him pretty sedated for the next week or so. Thanks you guys for all of your prayers and kind words......it means a lot to us.

krazyaboutkatz
05-03-2003, 11:29 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Elvis. :( Prayers are on the way. I'm glad he's home now and doing well.

kimlovescats
05-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the update.... so glad Elvis is at home on his special pillow! Keep us posted, he is in my thoughts and prayers!