PDA

View Full Version : May 25th, 2003 Ohio Pet Talk Meeting #4

shais_mom
05-02-2003, 09:50 PM
Well I think it is number 4 anyway. *sigh* I can't really remember

Just wanted to start a NEW thread to see who all is coming, and who is bringing what, and who needs names of Pet Friendly hotels. I know someone asked that but I can't find who it was.:) There is one right across from Wal-Mart about 10 min from the park. I am not sure of the name of it, but I can ask Amy's mom.

I am probably bringing
Oreo dessert and/or
Snow Tunnel Cake (angel food cake)
I am giving head count as 2 for Keegan and I, I am trying to convince my sister to come or let me bring Scooby but I haven't yet. And she usually flies by the seat of her pants so no promises! :eek:

:p:)

anna_66
05-02-2003, 10:14 PM
We'll be there, Mark, Me & our doggies! I think my friend Jennifer will be coming again with her 2 huskies (maybe her husband, not sure about that yet).
So 3-4 humans & 4 furkids
I have no idea what I will bring when it comes to food.

Cincy'sMom
05-02-2003, 10:24 PM
As of now Ralph and I are planning on being there with our 3!

Haven't given food too much thought yet, but I'm sure I'll come up with something....

Uabassoon
05-02-2003, 10:44 PM
Since I live all the way in Arizona I of course won't be there. But May 25th is my birthday, so feel free to sing a very loud pet talk happy birthday to me. :D

moosmom
05-03-2003, 08:10 AM
I'll be there! I'm going to bring munchies this time (i.e., nacho chips and salsa, cheese and crackers and a BTS cake). I'll also bring plates and napkins. Can't wait!!

Cataholic
05-03-2003, 08:20 AM
Binx and I will be there. Is it the same park as last time? I am thinking it is, but, since I will be driving separate from Anna, I want to be sure.

Cincy'sMom
05-03-2003, 10:51 AM
Yes, Jo. It is the same one!! Do you still havethe directions?

Desert Arabian
05-03-2003, 11:21 AM
Mom and I are coming! YIPPPEEE! I am so excited to see all the pooches (and the people, lol).

:D :D :D

Any Great Danes or Labs planning to come? ;) ;) ;)

Cincy'sMom
05-03-2003, 02:53 PM
I'm not sure about any pure labs, but there will be some mixes!!

ramanth
05-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Kia and I will be there! (Probably Andy too.)

Not sure what I'm bringing yet. :)

AdoreMyDogs
05-03-2003, 10:31 PM
Me, Graham & Kersey will be there! Not sure what dish we'll bring yet, but I'll make up my mind before the day :)

Cinder & Smoke
05-03-2003, 10:53 PM
*Finding* the Dawg'z BarkPark in Hancock Parks - Findlay, Ohio

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
For you Out-of-Townerz trying to find the BarkPark ~

You're looking for the "K-9 Field of Dreams Dog Park"...
Located behind Pavilion # 7,
inside the Hancock (County) Parks "Riverbend Recreation Area"...
Just SOUTH of Ohio route 568...
ON Marion Township Road 208...
about 5 miles South West from downtown Findlay, Ohio.

If you follow the instructions below (from another Thread) -
You can see and/or Print (must use a color printer) a series of Very Detailed area maps that show all the local Township, County, and State roads. You might want to shift (left & right; up & down) slightly to see all the township road Numbers and Names on the zoomed-in maps - but the zoom-in detail is excellent!

And ALL the important intersections *DO* have signs with either the Road Name or Number!! But read the WHOLE sign! As you get close - ALL the signs start with "MARION" followed by the road NUMBER! (Dad wuz thunkin there wuz a Lotta roads named "Marion".) :rolleyes:

If you ask someone for directions - be sure to say "RiverBEND" Park - there are several other little parks in the Hancock Parks District with names starting with "River..."

** Pay attention to Routes 23 and 15 -- (if you use the southern approach)!! It "looks" like the same road (actually a highway) with both numbers - but Not So! You leave Upper Sandusky (route 30) onto Ohio 23 and OMG! 23 just morphs into Ohio 15 as you get closer to the Findlay Reservoir.

On most maps, the Findlay Reservoir appears as a rather large, square shaped Lake - south-east of the City of Findlay. Good Landmark! The Dog Park is within a quarter mile of the north-east corner of that Reservoir!

Do a http://www.mapquest.com "thingie" - kuz we
know this werkz!! ;)

Click on their *Maps* link - you'll get a fill-in-the-blanks form ~

In "Address/Intersection" - type in "township 207 and township 208" (without the quotes).

In "City" put Findlay; in "State" put OH;
no Zippy Code required.

MapQuest will pop up a super-zoomed-in little map -
shows a square corner of the reservoir and the two roads Twp 207 & Twp 208...
Just about where the "208" block is shown is almost *Zaktly* where the BarkPark iz, just below or south of where Twp 208 hangs a 90 degree turn to the left (west)!!

You can use the "Big Map" clicker to blow things up and cut down on the ads showing... then Zoom Out to get a better idea of "where" you are.

Zoom out slowly - too many jumps and you'll be seeing half of the USA! :eek:
-------------------------------------------------

Here's the Deal on the Findlay / Hancock Parks Dog Park Permit...

The Dawgs are supposed to have a [i]*Permit Card* issued by Hancock Parks to be allowed into the BarkPark area. The Permit Fee is only $10.00 per year (December through December - 13 months) for up to three dogs. Well worth the price even if you only plan to visit a few times!

To obtain the Permit - send an E-mail to:
Hancock Parks ([email protected]) ( [email protected] )
and ask them to Mail you the "RiverBend Dog Park Application Form". Cut off the Return Part at the bottom, fill it in and *sign* the release/waiver on the back, and gather the Dog(s) current Vaccination & Rabies Receipts...
I made a copy of their last Vet receipt (shows the Vaccs they got), copy of their Rabies Vacc Certificates, and threw in for good measure a copy of their County Licenses; together with a check for $10.00. We got our lil Permit Card back in less than a week.

A "Note:"
Don't sweat the Permit if you think you might only be "visiting" once or twice! The Very Nice Park Ranger I talked to (before we came) said they do NOT hassle folks - and a couple *visitors* surrounded by multiple permit holders would NOT be a problem. He did stop by, late on Sunday, to say "Hello"... and never even mentioned wanting to *see* anyone's permit. And the permit has no names or numbers of Dogs on it ~ so between the current permit holders, we've got "spaces" for probably almost 30 Dawggies!

I suggested to Amy that we could put a coffee can out by the food for BarkPark Donations ~ folks who don't want to go through the permit process can toss a couple bucks in the can and we'll send that as a donation to the BarkPark Volunteers.

As for the Phred's Fambly "contributions" to the Cause... We'll leave that in the *pot* to kick off the June/July "Gathurin". ;)

An we prolly otta say-it-agin...
We'z ALL a-commin :D
Cinder, Smokey, an Dad, too!

~~ SUNDAY ~~
of Memorial Day Week-End
~ MAY 25, 2003 ~
AnyTime aftur 11:00 AM

Cataholic
05-04-2003, 06:28 AM
Well, Amy, I wuz gonna tell you I needed directions, but Phred has taken care of that...he he he...I just hope I don't zoom out to far and see 1/2 of the United States! Tho, I imagine Kansas would be pretty this time of year. I got my permit, and my sister probably isn't attending, so, two dogs can sit on my pass...I guess two small dogs, as the pass is only about 2.5 inches by 1.5 inches. So, no danes on my pass! Wouldn't be able to see it :eek: :eek:

moosmom
05-04-2003, 08:11 AM
Hey Phred,

The coffee can is a great idea!! Can't wait to meet you in person. The last time, you had just arrived as I was leaving. See you on the 25th!!

wolf_Q
05-05-2003, 01:43 AM
Just wanted to remind you all again of how jealous I am!! *pouts* ;)

Desert Arabian
05-05-2003, 06:24 AM
Hmmmm....I'm not sure what food items mom will be bringing. She said she was going to post on here, but I think she forgot. I'll remind her to come on her after work. :)

I would like to know roughly how many pooches will be at the dog park, I can't leave home without yummy dog treats you know!! ;) ;) ;)

anna_66
05-05-2003, 08:40 AM
Well YLL, if it's anything like last time....you better bring lots & lots of treats (Molly said they will probably be bring 6 of their dogs):D

4 Dog Mother
05-05-2003, 11:04 AM
I can't believe this but being the only Findlayite, I can't be there until later. I just got an invitation to my best friend's daughter's baby shower. Since she had both Amy (Cincy's Mom) and Christy )Dakota's Mommie)'s wedding showers, I can hardly not go to her daughters shower.

As far as food, I am not sure what I will bring. I don't know yet if Carl will join us or not. I will bring Snoopy and Taggert for sure and hopefully at least let Jack come for a short time so everyone can meet him. He doesn't like a lot of dogs coming at him all at once so I am not sure how he will be around a large group. He and Spot seem to have some issues so....

mugsy
05-05-2003, 11:13 AM
Anna, let's get this straight...MIKE said we were bringing 6....I'm not sure about that one!! lol I know that Amy requested Sophie, so she'll be there and I think we'll bring Pebbles and Dio and George probably Serenity I would like to bring Billy and/or Jessie, but we'll have to figure that one out. We figured out yesterday at Solfest here in Ft Wayne that Ryu won't be joining us, he got crappy with every dog he met. I would also like to bring Rinney...oh who knows...anyone have any requests so we can narrow it down? As for food...how about beans and cheese dip with chips???

Cinder & Smoke
05-05-2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by mugsy
MIKE said we were bringing 6...
...anyone have any requests so we can narrow it down?
As for food...how about beans and cheese dip with chips???

Hey Mistur Mike ~
Dad sez to rent a U-Haul ~ Bring da hole Herd!

B-B-BEANz... :eek:
Wade a minnit, here :p
*WE* gotta ride back home wiff Dad inna kar...
*Beanz* mite not be such a gud ideer! :p

SmokeMutt here ~
Dad kan have *beanz*... long az sumbuddie bringz
me a Taco or two...
I kan *peel paint* wiff my Taco *F@rtz*! :D :p

anna_66
05-05-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
Anna, let's get this straight...MIKE said we were bringing 6....I'm not sure about that one!! lol
Oh so sorry Molly:p I don't care which ones you bring, I'd love to meet any & all of them!

SmokeMutt here ~
Dad kan have *beanz*... long az sumbuddie bringz
me a Taco or two...
I kan *peel paint* wiff my Taco *F@rtz*!:D :p
Oh Smoke, you've gave me just the laugh I needed todayhttp://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/rofl.gifThank You:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-05-2003, 02:06 PM
Terry and I will be there - sans T & P. :( :)

I can bring a pasta salad.

And again, we will have the motorhome, which means we will also have a grill. Ok, it's a small one, but if we all take turns....;) :D We could do it that everyone bring their own meat (and bun or whatever is needed to put on the meat) and you can use our grill to cook it. Of course we'll have to do this on the outside of the doggy part, otherwise I'm sure there will be a few burgers stolen off the grill. ;) :D

The motorhome also has a stove and a microwave/convection oven, so if somebody wants to bring something that will need to be warmed up (like beans ;) :D ) that would work too.

Looking forward to meeting everyone! :)

mugsy
05-05-2003, 04:40 PM
Oh goody!! More people!!! I may take you up on the microwave offer. If I bring bean dip it's better warm.

moosmom
05-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Since we'll have a grill at our disposal, how about hot dogs, hamburgs and salads??? I can bring some of both and rolls.

4Dog Mother,

Now that it doesn't get dark till like 8 or 8:30 p.m., we can stay longer!

I'll be coming alone. Ashley seemed too overwhelmed by all the other dogs. Plus it gives me a chance to schmooze with the other pooches. :D :D

Cinder & Smoke
05-05-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Now that it doesn't get dark till like 8 or 8:30 p.m., we can stay longer!

Latur den dat, MoosMom!
According to the Weather Almanac... (http://www.uswx.com/us/almanac/oh/017/?m=5&d=25&y=2003)

SunBall gets UP at 6:09 AM; an goez BeddyBye at 8:55 PM;
..but TwiLight Glow lasts till 9:27 PM! ;)

Temperature otta RANGE frum 63 to 80 degreez, F.

Annnd... Chance of SNOW = 0% ~ Datz GUD! :p
Historikal Chance of Rain = 46% (Kuld be worse.)
Worst day of rain was in 1997 with 3.64 inches falling :eek:!

Letz all start praktisin our Sun Danze! :)

If ya wanna check on the weathur at the Bark Park,
bookmark this page: Weather Page for Findlay/Hancock County, Ohio. (http://www.uswx.com/us/wx/OH/OHZ017/)

moosmom
05-05-2003, 06:32 PM
Phred,

Cool! The longer the better!

Cincy'sMom
05-05-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother
hopefully at least let Jack come for a short time so everyone can meet him. He doesn't like a lot of dogs coming at him all at once so I am not sure how he will be around a large group. He and Spot seem to have some issues so....

I'm not so sure the issues are exactly Spot and Jack's fault...but Sadie's!!! Seems all the boys (well except Snoopy...he must still be too young!) have a thing for the Sadie girl...and think none of the other boys should play with her!!! Must be those long legs :)

We will be there, early afternoon, but I'm not sure how late we can stay...a friend of ours always has a party the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend, and we would like to make it there too...but I'm guessing we can stick around til 5, give or take an hour, and still get to his house in time to see everyone.

Molly- it's early in the summer....you can bring them all...it just means you have to come again :)

shais_mom
05-05-2003, 10:08 PM
Well as beautiful as Sadie is, I don't blame them! ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-06-2003, 10:26 AM
Since we'll have a grill at our disposal, how about hot dogs, hamburgs and salads???

I was talking to Terry last night, and we just bought a portable gas grill - which is the one I was thinking about - but he said we could bring the old fashioned charcoal one too, which would give us two grills to use.

Letz all start praktisin our Sun Danze!

We're going to an annual Corvette event this weekend in Bowling Green, KY, and it's tradition that we get rained on on the way down and on the way back. Every year we do our "No Rain Mantra" for at least two weeks before, and every year we get rained on, so I think we'll try Cinder & Smoke's "Sun Danze" instead for May 25th. Hopefully it will work much better than the crappy "No Rain Mantra." :rolleyes: ;) :D

Dakota's Mommy
05-06-2003, 11:37 AM
(well except Snoopy...he must still be too young!)

No, he likes Destiny too much, remember, he seemed to be after Destiny while he was here, just staying true for her!

As for the meeting, I wish I could come but 3 days is not long enough to get there from here (especially if I were trying to travel with my girls) only to turn around and come straight back. So, I will not be there but I really wish that I could, especially because this one should be warmer and I want to meet more of the pups once again!

shais_mom
05-13-2003, 12:22 PM
**BUMP!!**

lbaker
05-13-2003, 12:43 PM
I really thought I was going to be able to make it but now I just don't think it can work. It would be an eight hour drive each way & I don't trust my 20 yr old truck that much. 16 hrs in 2 days wouldn't be fair to Badger so I'd be driving alone. I did find a cheap $99 rt air fare to some city in Ohio (I could rent a car from there) but didn't jump on it at the time soooo...best I can say right now is maybe. oh heavy sigh.
Laurie :( :(

anna_66
05-13-2003, 05:13 PM
But if not, I totally understand. We'll all keep our fingers crossed!

Cataholic
05-14-2003, 09:03 AM
OK-----do we need to get the food thing firmed up? It is less than ten days away!!!!!

mugsy
05-14-2003, 10:53 AM
Beans and Cheese dip and chips

anna_66
05-14-2003, 12:24 PM
I'm going to bring a veggie tray w/dip & a big cooler of beverages (water, lemonade, soda-any requests?).
Only 10 days....yeah baby;)

Cinder & Smoke
05-14-2003, 12:45 PM
We'll get Dad ta whip up a big batch a Chocka-Chip Kookiez agin! :D

He likez ta toss in a hole buncha extree Chocka-Chippiez!
We dint see enniebuddie spittin em out last tyme; so that'll prolly be a *safe*
item fur him da do agin. :rolleyes:

Iffin he tried reel food we mite hafta have
da local Furst Aid Squad standin by! :p

mugsy
05-14-2003, 01:20 PM
Oh yeah Phred.....love your cookies!!

Anna....diet dr pepper?? Mike likes diet code red

moosmom
05-14-2003, 03:24 PM
Cheese and crackers, Salsa and chips. Wohoo, come on May 25th!!

Cincy'sMom
05-14-2003, 03:53 PM
hmmm.....I may make chicken sandwhichs again...I don't think we have any "meat" yet. ( unless we were all going to bring our own to grill?) In that case I'll bring a pasta salad.

If anyone remembers Ellie, one fo the little Austrailan Shepard puppies Leslie fostered last year, she may make it too! She is in Spot's class and I mentioned it to them last week. They didn't know of anything going on, so i am taking directions to them tonight.

Also, forthose of you have met Gabby the Great Dane, she may bet here too. My mom talked to Carrie (her mom) and she asked if any more gatherings were planned so she told her about the 25th.

shais_mom
05-14-2003, 11:34 PM
Yep! I think I am bring Oreo Dessert and/or Angel food cake dessert.

We just need to decide what to do with the meat to grill or bring sandwiches.

Can't wait!

moosmom
05-15-2003, 06:10 AM
Ooops!! I forgot about the burgers and hotdogs. I'll bring some of those too!!

anna_66
05-16-2003, 01:36 PM
Just wondering, what time people are going to be arriving?

catland
05-16-2003, 01:49 PM
I'm too far away:(

Have a great time everyone - it sounds like so much fun.:cool:

Cinder & Smoke
05-16-2003, 02:00 PM
:rolleyes:

Yeah, *right*, Dad!

Dad "sez" we're all gettin up *urlee* so'z
we kan be atta BarkPark tween 11 an Noon...

Try not to hold yur breath...!
*He* duzint do morninz verrie well! :p

Traktur Kar busted jest aftur we gotz started last tyme -
hadda go *put da fix* on her affore we reelee got to Rollin West...
but we tink weez ovur dem problemz, now.

Hope ta see Ebberbuddie by Noon at da "latest".

;)

Cataholic
05-16-2003, 02:57 PM
I am shooting for 11-12. I want to be able to enjoy the day, but still get back WAY plenty of time before dark...he he he

Cincy'sMom
05-16-2003, 04:24 PM
Offically, we hav the shelter reserved from noon-6pm. I don't think anyone will be in it before or after us. I am guessing we will be closer to noon...neither of us are really morning people :)

CamCamPup33
05-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Since I live all the way in Arizona I of course won't be there. But May 25th is my birthday, so feel free to sing a very loud pet talk happy birthday to me.

Me too! lol.. i want a loud pet talk happy birfday too!! im so gealous!!! :( florida is dumb! lol.. no i wish i was closer! lol

Cincy'sMom
05-18-2003, 09:30 AM
One week from today!!!!!

lizbud
05-18-2003, 11:06 AM
I hope the weather is good & everyone has a great time.
Sorry that Smokey & I won't be coming to this one, but May 25th
is my daughters B-day. This year she will be coming to Indy &
bringing a "special guy" for me to meet. :D :D Not many have
made the "meet the family" stage, so he must be very special
to her.My son will also be in town for the Indy 500 race.We all
hope to meet for dinner, or at least a nice visit.I don't often have
both of my children in town at the same time, so I'll have to pass
on this Dog Park meeting THIS time.Smokey & I will look forward
to the NEXT one. Have a Great time you all.:) :)

Cincy'sMom
05-18-2003, 11:31 AM
Have fun with your family Liz!

I just checked the 10 day weather forsecast and as of right now ( and we all know how the forecast changes) they are predicting partly cloudy, high of 70. I'll take that!!!

mugsy
05-18-2003, 11:55 AM
I checked our weather for Friday and Saturday (which of course translates to Saturday and Sunday in Ohio) calls for thunderstorms....I like your forecast better Amy. Have we decided what we are going to do if it rains? Are we all going to still come or should we do a rain date? I hate to put a damper on it, but when I saw our forecast that's what I thought of. I am really excited, but, Mike and I are arguing because he still insists on 6 dogs and I want to bring 4, but, I'm sure I'll lose! lol:)

Cincy'sMom
05-18-2003, 01:08 PM
hmmm....the weather channel forsecast has it sunny in Ft. Wayne, and Findlay Wed.-Sunday this week...guess well hav to hope they are right!!

I'm guessing we should try to make the best of it whatever the weather. Since people are coming from Chicago and WI this time, they will be leaving earlier and we would have to decide Friday or Saturday. what to do...maybe if it is T-storming we leave the pups at home and have a people meeting?

Cinder & Smoke
05-18-2003, 05:10 PM
C'mone guyz! We're talkin bout *OHIO* here!

Most of the Weathur Profitz cant agree on whut happened today -
an next WEEK iz a reel *fuzzy* blurr onna crystal ball! :rolleyes:

An whut self-respktin Dawggie duzint like a nice *romp* inna Mud-Puddel?

You Hoominz can hide unner dat nice big Pavilion ~
WE'll play inna BarkPark Yard! :D

As for the Crystal Ball forecasts...
http://www.uswx.com/FINDLAY says... (http://www.uswx.com/us/wx/oh/017/?stn=KFDY)

Thursday = Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s.
Friday = Mostly cloudy. A chance of showers friday night. Lows in the mid 40s and highs in the upper 60s.
Saturday = Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Breezy. Lows in the upper 40s and highs in the upper 60s.
Sunday = Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Lows in the upper 40s and highs in the upper 60s.

US National Weather Service says almost exactly the same for Findlay.
Their site is at: NWS Cleveland - FINDLAY (http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/OHZ017.php?warnzone=ohz017&warncounty=ohc063)

We vote - GO Fur It - No Matter WHUT! :p

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-19-2003, 04:00 PM
We vote - GO Fur It - No Matter WHUT! :p

Me too! :D

Which brings up....since we're bringing the motorhome, and coming a distance, will somebody have a cell phone on them in case anything happens along our way we can let someone know we won't be there? Of course I'm not planning on anything happening, but you never know.

I quickly put together the following so we can see who is all planning on being there and what they plan on bringing.

Shai’s Mom & Keegan Oreo Dessert and Snow Tunnel Cake
Anna66, Mark & doggies veggie tray w/dip & beverages
Cincy’s Mom, Ralph & Cincy, Spot and Sadie
Moosmom Cheese and crackers, Salsa and chips. Plates and
napkins, hamburgers, hotdogs, buns
Cataholic & Binx
Yellowlablover & ACGAS (Mom)
Ramanth, Andy & Kia
AdoreMyDogs & Graham & Kersey
Phred, Cinder & Smokey Chocka-Chip Kookiez
4 dog mother, Carl, Snoopy & Taggert
Mugsy, Mike and 4 or 6 ;-) beans and cheese dip with chips
Debbie & Terry Grills, pasta salad, ketchup, mustard,
onion

Possibles
Shai’s Mom’s sister and Scooby
Anna66’s friend Jennifer, hubby & 2 huskies
Gabby the Great Dane
Ellie

I got a bunch of FREE Boca Burgers (veggie burgers) this weekend, so I will bring them along in case anyone wants those on the grill. I can also bring along a few extra hamburgers and hotdogs realizing that it might be kinda hard to drive to the park with doggies and meat in the car. ;) :)

And someone else had mentioned pasta salad (sorry, don't remember who off the top of my head) so I can bring some fruit salad or potato salad or both for that matter, although the potato salad would have to be store bought since mine never turns out very good. :rolleyes: And Donna, we will have lots of paper plates on hand since that's about all we use in the motorhome, so you won't have to worry about that part of it.

We will be staying in the parking lot of the Cracker Barrel at exit 159 on I-75 Saturday night, and will head to the park in the morning. We will more than likely be there way before 11:00 if anyone else (YLL & ACGAS?) wants to arrive early too, although it sounds like we won't be able to get into the doggy part of the park until noon or so (which isn't a problem for Terry & I since we don't have a doggy ;) ).

We're looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time!

Frantically doing the sunshine dance!!!!;) :D :D :cool:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-19-2003, 04:07 PM
Oh, and by the way, this is the motorhome so you'll know it's us. :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid52/p72b2f5ff81142fdf56e968124dd5ee31/fc95abd0.jpg

Cincy'sMom
05-19-2003, 06:10 PM
I think I am going to bring a pasta salad, and i will also bring some hot dogs and buns.

Debbie- do you need charcoal for the grill? We have some we never use anymore, since we got our gas grill. Also, I'll PM you both my home and cell numbers!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-19-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
Debbie- do you need charcoal for the grill?

Yes, if you don't use it anymore, you might as well bring it along. We're bringing one gas grill and one charcoal one. They're both rather small which is why we're bringing both of them so there will be plenty of room.

I'll bring fruit salad and potato salad and maybe some cole slaw (since Terry prefers cole slaw over potato salad :rolleyes: :) ). :)

shais_mom
05-19-2003, 10:53 PM
Well, I am going to bring the OREO dessert and probably chips and taco dip unless someone else is bringing it.
AND
I don't think my sister/Scooby do is going to make it. :(

ramanth
05-20-2003, 08:32 AM
WOW!! Nice Motor Home T&P's Mom. :D

I have lots of fond memories camping in our family's 5th Wheel Trailer. :)

I'm still uncertain of what to bring.... maybe some Bush's Baked Beans. :D ;) :p

moosmom
05-20-2003, 09:14 AM
Nice motorhome!!! I can't wait!!! I'm not bringing Ashley this time. She's too old and the other dogs kind of overwhelm her. That's okay though. It gives me a chance to schmooze with everyone.

I'm doing my rain dance as we speak. We've got shelter SO WHAT if it rains??? ;)

shais_mom
05-20-2003, 12:00 PM
I have a big thermos that I am going to bring lemonade or something also.
Should I bring Taco dip or veggie pizza?
Majority rules!

mugsy
05-20-2003, 02:52 PM
taco dip

moosmom
05-20-2003, 03:16 PM
Taco dip.

Cincy'sMom
05-20-2003, 03:39 PM

I'm doing my rain dance as we speak. We've got shelter SO WHAT if it rains??? ;)

Says one who won't have to stand out in it to watch her dogs....

Taco Dip!

Cinder & Smoke
05-20-2003, 04:34 PM
Weez goona be in trubbel...
MoosMom iz doing da rong Danze !
S'pozed da be da SunDanze! :)

Says one who won't have to stand out in it to watch her dogs....

Taco Dip!

SmokeMutt here...

I'z gettin wurried.
Hear der'z Beanz bein served. :(
That'z gonna make ridin home wiff Dad a lil bit :eek: ruff.

Wanna knowe iffin da Taco Dip will give me da same FIRE*Power :p
az a Taco Sammich duz??

:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
WOW!! Nice Motor Home T&P's Mom. :D

And thanks to Phred we now have a route to get there. Seems there's a rather old bridge on the regular route that might just collapse under the weight of the motorhome. :eek: :eek: So we're going just a bit different route with no bridges. Narrow roads, but no bridges to worry about. :D Thanks so much for all your help Phred! :D

Kim, if you want to bring baked beans, we can warm them up on the stove. And like I said before, anything that needs to be heated or refrigerated, we've got the equipment for it so you don't have to worry about it being cold or melting in the sun. ;) :D

And I was going to say veggie pizza, but it seems taco dip is already the majority. ;) :D

Can't wait to meet everyone! :D :cool: :D

Cincy'sMom
05-20-2003, 04:59 PM
:)

SmokeMutt here...

I'z gettin wurried.
Hear der'z Beanz bein served. :(
That'z gonna make ridin home wiff Dad a lil bit :eek: ruff.

Wanna knowe iffin da Taco Dip will give me da same FIRE*Power :p
az a Taco Sammich duz??

:D

Better hope it doesn't rain...sounds like you guys in gonna need to roll the windows down on the way home!!!

Cinder & Smoke
05-20-2003, 05:21 PM
Better hope it doesn't rain...
sounds like you guys in gonna need to roll the windows down on the way home!!!

Cinnerz here ~

OMG! Thoze GUYZ kan be a reel challenge ta live wiff
-or- ride inna kar wiff! :rolleyes:

Tink I'z gonna ask ta ride home in da trunk!
Air'z gotta be better back der! :p

Karen
05-20-2003, 05:46 PM
Have lots of fun, take lotsa pictures, I'm jealous, but I guess I cannot be everywhere all at once! :) I'll wish for sunnny but not too hot weather for ya - only if the humans promise to bring sunblock for themselves! :)

shais_mom
05-21-2003, 12:21 AM
well I guess I will be there with Taco Dip and the Oreo dessert unless I decide to take Strawberry pie!
;)

Cataholic
05-21-2003, 09:37 AM
What should I bring? HELP!!!

ramanth
05-21-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Kim, if you want to bring baked beans, we can warm them up on the stove.
Thanks! I'll pick up a can of Bush's Baked Beans. (Andy's fave. :D )

AdoreMyDogs
05-21-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic

I will make and bring some deviled eggs...one of my favorite snacks! Is someone bringing various kinds of soda?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-21-2003, 12:47 PM

Hmmmm....I'm seem to remember seeing a few states in your signature that we'd love to see. ;) :D

Yeah, wouldn't that be a fun ride. Binx and his 5 best buds in the back seat. :eek: :eek: :D

I was going to bring some potato salad and cole slaw, but I was thinking that I make a pretty mean Key Lime Pie, so Johanna, if you wanted to bring the potato salad and cole slaw, I'll bake the pie?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-21-2003, 12:54 PM
Here's an update on what everyone is bringing.

Shai’s Mom & Keegan-Oreo Dessert and Chips and Taco Dip, Lemonade
Anna66, Mark & doggies-veggie tray w/dip & beverages
Cincy’s Mom, Ralph & Cincy, Spot and Sadie-Pasta salad, hot dogs, buns
Moosmom-Cheese and crackers, Salsa and chips. Plates and
Cataholic & Binx
Ramanth, Andy & Kia-Beans
AdoreMyDogs & Graham & Kersey-Deviled Eggs
Phred, Cinder & Smokey-Chocka-Chip Kookiez
Mugsy, Mike and 4 or 6 ;-) -beans and cheese dip with chips
Debbie & Terry-Grills, ketchup, mustard, onion, plastic utensils

Possibles
Gabby the Great Dane
Ellie

shais_mom
05-22-2003, 12:28 AM
I want KEY LIME PIE!!!

;)

moosmom
05-22-2003, 09:09 AM
Me too!! :D :D :D

ramanth
05-22-2003, 10:12 AM
I'm so excited!!!! :D :D

Cataholic
05-22-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
NEWEST UPDATE FROM CATAHOLIC!!!

Shai’s Mom & Keegan-Oreo Dessert and Chips and Taco Dip, Lemonade
Anna66, Mark & doggies-veggie tray w/dip & beverages
Cincy’s Mom, Ralph & Cincy, Spot and Sadie-Pasta salad, hot dogs, buns
Moosmom-Cheese and crackers, Salsa and chips. Plates and
Cataholic & Binx - Potato Salad and Coleslaw
Ramanth, Andy & Kia-Beans
AdoreMyDogs & Graham & Kersey-Deviled Eggs
Phred, Cinder & Smokey-Chocka-Chip Kookiez
Mugsy, Mike and 4 or 6 ;-) -beans and cheese dip with chips
Debbie & Terry-Grills, ketchup, mustard, onion, plastic utensils

Possibles
Gabby the Great Dane
Ellie

THANKS, T&P. I added your suggestions to my name!

Kfamr
05-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Everyone BETTER bring their digitals and take pictures for us that don't get to go!! And i mean you BETTER! lol :p :D :cool:

Cinder & Smoke
05-22-2003, 11:13 AM
Weez gettin purdy kloze ta SUNDAY, the 25th!! :D

Make SURE! Mom & Dad dont :eek: furget ta bring ya to FINDLAY -
da Bark Park - DIS SUNDAY - da 25th!!!!!

Dad sez iffin enniebuddie izint sure how ta find da Bark Park ~
send us yur E-mail addressy onna PM...
Tanks ta Tubby & Peanutz M&D - we got da Route frum da InnerState
to da Park down PAT! ;)
We'll mail ya da Directshunz if ya want em.

An make sure da Folkz bring yur Treet Powchez!
They're all wurried bout feedin da Hoomin Facez - hope dey 'membur us PUPz!!
We like a bit a Varie-a-tee - so bring yur *FAVORITE* Flavur of Bisquitz!! ;)

We jest checked wiffa Weathur Guyz -
dey still izint too sure bout Sunday...
Lookz like itz gonna *rain* :( Saterday nite -
dat otta keep da *dust* down on Sunday :p ...
but they're just guessin :confused: whut'll happen on Sunday.

Weez gonna pack Dad'z Fiur Suit -
HE can *watch* us inna Barkin Yard an stay sorta dry!
He'll be happie long az sumbuddie bringz him a plate a grub
ebery wunce-inna-while ;)!

OMG! Wunder if Dad'z gonna make us take a *BAFF* Saterday nite? :eek:
Mebbee we kan jest go *swimmin* Saterday insted?
HOPE he duzint bring da Soapy Bottel!
Dat'z Soo barrissin ta hafta get all *soappie* in publik :p!

See y'all on SUNDAY!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-22-2003, 01:15 PM
THANKS, T&P. I added your suggestions to my name!

Ok, and it sounds like Key Lime Pie is on the agenda too. :D

ChrisH
05-22-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Everyone BETTER bring their digitals and take pictures for us that don't get to go!! And i mean you BETTER! lol :p :D :cool:
Seconded! We NEED pictures!:D

anna_66
05-23-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
Is someone bringing various kinds of soda?
Yep, I am Leslie, any preferences?

I'm getting excited!

Oh, Jennifer, Niki & Zac are coming as well as Mark's nephew & wife! They'll be bringing food, I'm just not sure what yet.
So here's our count:
5 humans, 4 furkids

Cincy'sMom
05-23-2003, 04:51 PM

An make sure da Folkz bring yur Treet Powchez!
They're all wurried bout feedin da Hoomin Facez - hope dey 'membur us PUPz!!
We like a bit a Varie-a-tee - so bring yur *FAVORITE* Flavur of Bisquitz!! ;)

I stopped last night and got lots of treats...peanut butter bones, and carob chip cookies just to name a few

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-23-2003, 05:17 PM
Well, I'm off! I'm headed home and we'll be heading out in the motorhome early tomorrow morning so I will be unaccessible until I see you all on Sunday! :D

Still doing the sunshine danze!

moosmom
05-23-2003, 07:56 PM
Have a nice SAFE trip! See you Sunday around noonish. :D

ramanth
05-24-2003, 01:43 PM
I stopped last night and got lots of treats...peanut butter bones, and carob chip cookies just to name a few
Ohhh!!!! Kia's favorite!!!! :D

I got the baked beans last night and Andy picked up a 1 gallon jug of Hawaiian Punch. :)

Really excited! :D

ChrisH
05-24-2003, 02:02 PM
I`m excited and I`m not even going!!!:D

Found a weather forecast for tomorrow....
Findlay, Ohio, Sunday May 25 (http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/USOH0311?dayNum=1)
...doesn`t look too bad!

Everyone, human and furkids, travel and keep safe, and have real great time!:D

love
Chris & Bob (Ebby`s not interested.:D)

p.s. please take plenty of pictures, so those of us who aren`t going can see what we missed! LOL

jenluckenbach
05-24-2003, 02:58 PM
I would dearly love to make a surprise entrance on the pet talk meeting, but it just a bit too far for me to drive (and return) in a day. But I hope you all have the best time and think of me because I will be thiunking of all of you.

Miss Meow
05-24-2003, 06:25 PM
Have a great day, everybody! :D

moosmom
05-24-2003, 06:34 PM
Hi Everybody,

I have bad news! :( I can't make it tomorrow. :( I have a 6 week old male kitten I named Spike that I took home from the shelter today.

The woman who runs the nursery asked me if I would consider fostering him till he gained weight. He's VERY thin, tiny, doesn't eat alot (although he does eat on his own) and has diarrhea real bad. Kathy needed a break (she was taking him home at night). He's now in a carrier with a heating pad. I've been pumping him with Pepto Bismal to stop the diarrhea and Pedialite for dehydration. Because the shelter is closed till Tuesday, he's with me for the duration. If the diarrhea keeps up, he'll have to be given subcue fluids.

His sister is also in the nursery and thriving. I have a feeling this little guy is the runt of the litter and might not make it. :(

So, in the name of rescue, I'm going to have to pass tomorrow. I hope there will be another Pet Talk reunion in a couple of months (maybe in July when my daughter is here for a visit??)

Have a great time everybody. Please take lots of pictures, give tons of smooches to all the pooches and think of me. I hope you guys understand.

Cincy'sMom
05-24-2003, 06:38 PM
Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it, Donna. Since it is for a good cause, I guess we'll forgive you this time ;)

Good Luck with your foster! Hope his health makes a turn for the better...

ramanth
05-24-2003, 07:23 PM
Since Donna can't make it, who wants to bring what she can't?

"Moosmom-Cheese and crackers, Salsa and chips. Plates and
napkins, hamburgers, hotdogs, buns "

I can pick up plates and napkins.

SadiesDad
05-24-2003, 07:53 PM
Since we were already getting some hotdogs, we'll add some more dogs n buns to the list!

aly
05-24-2003, 08:53 PM
HAVE FUN and TAKE PICTURES :D

anna_66
05-24-2003, 10:24 PM
Guess who?????

That's right, Angus!:cool:

We know he wouldn't get along with the other dogs, but we seen no reason to exclude him because of that, because he just adores humans:D
So between Mark & I (and anyone else who would like to volunteer;) ) we thought we'd take turns watching him.

Sorry you won't be able to make it this time Donna, but duty calls and we understand. I sure hope this kitty can make a turn for the better. Hopefully we'll see you next time around:)
We can stop by the grocery tomorrow morning and pick up some hamburgers and buns. Oh, does anyone know if someone is bringing cups?
See you all tomorrow!

MaxandSpike'sMom
05-24-2003, 10:40 PM
Sounds like a great time~

Wish we could make it but I just checked the driving directions and it is about 6 hours one way....Just a little too far!!

Please take plenty of pictures..:)

Looking forward to seeing the pictures also, Have a great time!!!:D

lovemyshiba
05-24-2003, 11:04 PM
donna--how wonderful of you to take in this little guy--I hope he does well
Once again, I'm jealous--sounds like a great time will be had!!! I can't wait to see the pics!!!!

Maybe next time I can find some one (ahem, Lisa), and we'll load up all of the dogs and take the long trip:)

Anna--I know how you feel with Angus--Kito isn't the biggest fan of other dogs either--I'm glad he gets to go anyway, I'm sure you all can keep a good eye on him!!!

mugsy
05-25-2003, 12:41 AM
Mike will be happy to help with Angus. and any of the others that might have issues.

mugsy
05-25-2003, 12:46 AM
the decision has been made Sophie, George, Pebbles, Serenity, Billie and Jessie will attend the party. See everyone tomorrow.

shais_mom
05-25-2003, 01:38 AM
Sorry to you won't be there Donna but a very heroic reason.
Will be thinkin of you!

Cincy'sMom
05-25-2003, 04:59 AM
I have a bunch of plastic cups here. I'll bring them.

Cataholic
05-25-2003, 06:35 AM
Donna,
I just saw this this am! I am sorry you won't be there today. You are really helping out this kitty, so, no hard feelings.
We will miss you.
Johanna

mugsy
05-25-2003, 07:04 AM
HELP! I can't find the directions to the park!! Can someone help me out??? Donna, we will miss you, please take care and let us know about kitty. We have a bunch of plates.

Cincy'sMom
05-25-2003, 07:16 AM
I'll PM them to you now, Molly.

mugsy
05-25-2003, 07:18 AM
You're a good woman Amy....I'll be looking for them.

Randi
05-25-2003, 07:26 AM
Have a great time everybody!! :D

mugsy
05-25-2003, 07:27 AM
Got them!! Thanks you're a life saver.

Vio&Juni
05-25-2003, 11:12 AM
Ahem, it's 7pm here and I still have to wait for pix a long time. I hope you have a great time there guys. Wish I were leaving somewhere closer to all of you. Now, Europe sounds like the end of the world :(

moosmom
05-25-2003, 01:48 PM
I'm thinking about you guys!!! :( :( (As the little pipsqueak sleeps!!)