PDA

View Full Version : cat scratch fever???

RICHARD
05-02-2003, 08:53 PM
does you cat have a favorite place to be scratched??

sometimes just aft of the whiskers
on the back right where the tail starts
and sometimes on the belly (if i am fast enough to move
my hand when he's had enough!!):D

babolaypo65
05-02-2003, 08:57 PM
stem to stern straight down the back, as nail-y as possible.

Cheshirekatt
05-02-2003, 10:59 PM
Elvis likes it when you take the slicker brush and brush him against the way the fur grows all the way down his back. He just loves it! Sometimes if you hit his "sweet spot" he starts licking himself. He won't stop licking until you stop brushing. :) he can hear you get his brush out of the drawer and comes running!

Nomilynn
05-03-2003, 12:09 AM
Between the shoulder blades for all three of my girls.. the only spot a kitty can't scratch on her own! :)

boscibo
05-03-2003, 01:32 AM
That would be the butt, Bob.

Seriously, all three of my cats love to be scratched right where the tail meets the behinder. Elevator butt city. Abby does like to be scratched under the chin, but only when she's in the mood.

All three like belly rubs too, but that can quickly turn into beat up my hand (until it's bloody and she's screaming).

krazyaboutkatz
05-03-2003, 01:42 AM
Storm and Sunny like their belly's rubbed and their backs scratched. Cirrus likes his head and chin and back scratched. He'll roll over and expose his tummy but I've been too afraid to try to give him a belly rub yet. :)

PayItForward
05-03-2003, 04:38 AM
George loves being scratched at the end of his back at the base of his tail. I always brush/comb there, as he gets dead hair buildup which must itch and under his chin.

Milo is a belly boy.

Milly likes scratches under her chin and on the side of her face. But we have learnt to move fast, when she has had enough.

Uabassoon
05-03-2003, 10:52 AM
Corkscrew likes to have the side of his face scratched and below the chin. Tibby likes to be scratched on the end of her back where the tail starts.

Edwina's Secretary
05-03-2003, 12:07 PM
#1 favorite -- right ear

#2 favorite - left ear

#3 favorite - under her chin....

carole
05-03-2003, 02:47 PM
well ash loves his ears scratched, and under his chin, and base of tail, i think he get itchy there with that dandruff type stuff , the look on his face is pure heaven, its really comical, lexie does really like it much, under the chin a little but nope she is not into being scratched by humans yet.

Barbara
05-03-2003, 03:21 PM
Tigris: belly and under his chin
Filou: the start of the tail and the head

Cataholic
05-03-2003, 03:22 PM
Right on top of their heads..with nails, then followed by elevator butt area, and then, along the whiskers...

Pam
05-03-2003, 05:57 PM
2 elevator butt kitties here. ;)

05-04-2003, 03:25 AM
Maya is also an elevator butt kitty...;) Of course, she also loves a good belly rub!
Inka loves to be scrathed under her chin!!

*ABYCAT* Alice
05-04-2003, 07:25 AM
Our Tabby Tess doesn't like too much close contact with us humans (or her cat mate!), but if I sit on a chair and she's on the floor she loves being scratched on her head and on the back. Like this she feels more comfortable with a bit of distance. She also loves to be brushed.
http://www.abycat.com/tessgif.gif

Alice
http://www.abycat.com

moosmom
05-04-2003, 08:26 AM
Pam,

I've got you beat! I've got 6 elevator butts here. Since MooShoo has no fur, he's not one to be scratched, although OCCASIONALLY he likes his chin scratched.

kimlovescats
05-04-2003, 10:16 AM
Tucker loves his chinny chin-chin scratched!!!

miese Katze
05-04-2003, 11:52 AM
with Amelie, it's not so much where as when, she loves scratches everywhere unless you have the nerve to touch her hind legs, then she gets insulted and leaves.

Nino doesn't seem to get a kick out of petting so much, but he does always roll over to expose his tummy, so I suppose there.

does anyone know how to give kitty massages? I thought I heard about those some time ago.