PDA

View Full Version : May 2nd

jenluckenbach
05-02-2003, 07:55 PM
Ashley and Calvin came to live with me one year ago today.

When I lost Y.Lee in April of last year I knew I would give another cat a home. But I needed a special cat since my Y.Lee was the best lap warmer in town. And he was alsl the most empathetic cat that ever lived. So I could not pick just ANY cat to fill his shoes.
So..... Charlie wanted a calico, we never had one. But me, I was never partial to the females. Never the less we saw Ashley and she was beautiful and friendly and well adjusted. (it took her exactly 5 minutes to fit into the 8 cats living at my house at that time).
But then there was Calvin. In a room meant for the shy and fearful cats. The ones that no one ever looks at because they meant work. The ones that don't just come and sit on your lap. The ones you need to workhard to gain their trust. And he sat, looking at me through the wire. GORGEOUS! and actually calling me (telepathically). I asked if I could go in to that area. "yes". The attendants were amazed that Calvin let me pet him and how he stayed around me and did not run up into the rafters. I needed him, because he needed me.
But he would not fill Y.Lee's shoes by a long shot, but Ashley might.
OK......so you know the outcome.
Happy Anniversary kids.

marysmerrycats
05-02-2003, 09:59 PM
Happy Anniversery Ashley and Calvin!!

kimlovescats
05-02-2003, 10:02 PM
Happy ANniversary Calvin and Ashley!

What a lovely story, Jen!:)

AmberLee
05-02-2003, 11:44 PM
Happy Anniversary, fur-kids!!!

krazyaboutkatz
05-03-2003, 01:18 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY CALVIN & ASHLEY!!! Jen, I'm so glad that you were able to give them a forever home. :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-03-2003, 01:36 AM
YAY!! ANother happy ending - thanks to Jen!

Happy Anniversary Calvin & Ashley!

Ally sends Kitten Kisses:D

IttyBittyKitty
05-03-2003, 08:10 AM
Congrats Ashley and Calvin! I am sure you will have many more years of love and cuddles in your wonderful furrever home!

moosmom
05-03-2003, 08:13 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ASHLEY AND CALVIN!!!

Fate works in mysterious ways!! When Doogie found me, I knew it was meant to be.

Pam
05-03-2003, 08:14 AM
Happy Anniversary Ashley and Calvin! You certainly landed in an awesome home and I wish you many, many more wonderful years with Jen and Charlie! ;)

Jen, I am trying to figure out who is in your Avatar? Is it Ashley? .... or maybe Rutherford or Willow?

ChrisH
05-03-2003, 08:48 AM
Happy Anniversary Ashley and Calvin:)
A lovely story Jen.:)

The part about Calvin made me think of when I got Ebbs. Not the same of course, Ebby and I didn`t have the affinity of you and Calvin, but because she was being past over too, because of her reserved manner, as one of the staff said at the time, `she doesn`t sell herself`.

Chris

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-03-2003, 09:00 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ASHLEY AND CALVIN!!!!

I am so glad you kitties are having a wonderful life in a forever home!!

*KISSES* for both of you!!!

05-03-2003, 09:04 AM
HAPPY FIRST ANNIVERSARY CALVIN AND ASHLEY !!!!

catmandu
05-03-2003, 09:28 AM
Happy Anniversary to ashley and Calvin from Michael the Marvellous who celebrated his 10th year anniversary with Duck , Chicken and Temptations! Go Kitties GO!

PayItForward
05-03-2003, 10:22 AM
Happy Anniversary to Calvin & Ashley :D

batgirl1980
05-03-2003, 01:27 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
You two kitties are soo lucky to have such a great meowmie!! Hope you get extra spoiled today!!!

jenluckenbach
05-03-2003, 02:27 PM
How's this for coincidence........Ashley and Calvin's anniversary was on the same day as Bonnie's babies were born.

And Jim and Kim are with me in my avatar.

Kirsten
05-03-2003, 02:51 PM
Another HAPPY ANNIVERSARY from here! It's funny that we'll never forget these special dates! :)

Kirsten

Cataholic
05-03-2003, 02:59 PM
Happy Anniversary Ashley and Calvin! You couldn't want for a better home. I hope you get an extra bit of something today!

Barbara
05-03-2003, 03:19 PM
Happy Anniversary, Ashley and Calvin!
Enjoy life with your fur- and skin-family:) :D :) :D