PDA

View Full Version : Cat Hair

kath00
05-02-2003, 04:34 PM
Do you think that having a cat include having a less clean home because of cat hairs ?

bluekat
05-02-2003, 04:43 PM
Oops, I voted wrong. I should've voted No- I have a longhaired cat. But because you have a cat doesn't mean a less clean house if you always clean the house and groom the cat. We find lots of cat hair sometimes too, especially on clothes. But we vacuum all the time so its not that dirty and full of cat hair.

Pam
05-02-2003, 04:57 PM
Yep I agree. If you have a cat you just have to keep on top of it. My Trevor (medium haired orange tabby) sheds HORRIBLY. He has a dense undercoat and when I brush him I get out a ton of hair. Andy, on the other hand, has longer hair but without that dense undercoat. He still sheds but not nearly as much as Trevor. If I didn't keep cleaning, the cat hair would take over! :eek:

jenluckenbach
05-02-2003, 07:38 PM
Cat hair everywhere. But I don't care.

Cheshirekatt
05-03-2003, 01:32 AM
I have four short-haired cats, but Elvis seems to be the worst. He pleasure sheds when you pet him. :) Boof.....just blows his coat.

boscibo
05-03-2003, 01:39 AM
You should have included another option, for those of us who have multiple cats. ;)

I also have three dogs, so whatever hairs the cats leave are quickly eclipsed by the hair of three large, shaggy dogs.

So yeah, we vacuum a lot, and the carpet cleaner comes in handy. Hairs don't bother me - I shed more (as a human with long hair) than my animals. I keep telling people, no one ever died from hair.

krazyaboutkatz
05-03-2003, 01:48 AM
Storm is a DLH and sheds quite a bit but not as much as he used to. Sunny is a DSH and he's been shedding like crazy. It might be the time of year. Cirrus is also a DSH but doesn't seem to shed as much. I vacuum, dust, groom the cats etc. to try to get rid of all the fur they shed. :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-03-2003, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by boscibo
Hairs don't bother me - I shed more (as a human with long hair) than my animals. I keep telling people, no one ever died from hair.

Try telling that to my hubby - and Murphy's law - he always finds a hair in HIS food, and I never find any in mine!!!;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-03-2003, 04:13 AM
My Mom-In-Laws RB DSH used to lie on the bed and be VACUUMED (with one of those portable Duster-Buster things!)

LOL - Mispha used to lie on the bed in absolute extasy!! AND it minimised the shedding over the rest of the house!

Ally runs and hides as soon as she hears the vacuum cleaner - she hates the noise!